BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-15-2022, 07:59 AM   #1
GPG
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5

Check Control Trifecta - Restraint, Four-Wheel, Reduced Driver Assist.

Check Control - Restraint System, Cont. driving possible: four-wheel-drive syst. and Reduced driver assistance pop up yesterday.

Drove my 2020 x40i w/ 6k miles and I-level of 07/21 about two miles to a local store, shut it off, lowered the air suspension and got out and let it auto-lock. When I came back to it about 10 minutes later and started it up all three messages appeared.

Air Suspension raised the vehicle and seemed operational and the only noticeable drivability issue, driving back home, was the lack of power steering assist.

garaged it and connected the BMW battery charger (61432408594) overnight and this morning when I started it the messages were not present.

possible one-off low battery condition?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2022, 08:12 AM   #2
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Possibly and maybe likely. I find that putting my G05 occasionally on a trickle charger solves many electronic gremlins. These cars are so full of arcane electronics that I'm not sure their creators have a good grasp of how they interact, and at least a full-up battery is a start. I also find the "press volume button for 30 seconds" technique does wonders sometimes for an otherwise untraceable or unsolvable electronic mystery.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 03:52 AM   #3
Chonkapotamus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

I had these same three error messages appear yesterday in my 23 x5 45e, on startup in a parking garage at the eye doctor's office. The car had been parked for 90 minutes in a spot on one of the garage ramps, so it was tilted fairly sideways. I felt the reduced power steering assist, and the car put itself in hybrid drive rather than electric individual.

As soon as I exited the garage I parked in a level spot, turned off the car, got out, locked it, and got back in. The car started normally and all the codes were gone. I've driven it a few times since, and it hasn't come back. I assumed it was a gremlin due to one of the motion sensors being thrown off by starting up on a side hill incline, but based on the OP here maybe it was a battery issue?

Has anyone else experienced this, and did it ever become a recurring issue?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2023, 06:24 AM   #4
E91toG05
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 45e

Had similar a few weeks after getting my 2022 45e when new. Went away next day and never came back more than 1 year later now without reoccurrence.
Appreciate 0