E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > RAZR phone users. Bluetooth hook-up?

10-06-2005, 01:04 PM   #1
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Bluetooth pairing. Is it that hard?

I just want to know whether I should get it done at the dealership
when I pick up the car? or is it something I can do by looking at
the owner's manual?

I see alot of people having trouble pairing their BT phone to the car.
I thought it would be simple hook up, like BT phone and BT headset,
but I guess not.

so those of you did it, or tried it, how hard is it?

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2005, 01:16 PM   #2
puck724
COLTS 4 LIFE!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
I got mine done at the dealership, it didnt look complicated at all. Im sure youd be able to pair it yourself but if you have the phone at the dealership, why not let them pair it for you?
      10-06-2005, 01:55 PM   #3
Oz
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2004 X5

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
It's very easy. My salesman did it for me the first time and I learned how to do it afterwards. Go to the bluetooth menu where you can link the phone. Go to Connection then bluetooth settings on RAZR and do a search. Enter a pass on Nav then the same on RAZR and you're all set!

If you have more trouble linking it, msg me so I can go to my car and write down the proper directions Msg me if you need help

PS. Bluetooth + Razr works flawless!
      10-06-2005, 02:36 PM   #4
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
awesome. thank you guys for advices.

problem is.. you guys have NAVI! I don't. Would it be harder?

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2005, 02:41 PM   #5
Oz
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2004 X5

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh

I'm not sure. I'm sure there are others without nav that hooked it up. I guess my instructions won't help much right now

Let us know what happens!
      10-11-2005, 04:45 PM   #6
alexk_e90
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i ZSP

Quote:

Its really easy on cars without navi. Again, just click on the bluetooth option, enable bluetooth on your phone, click on search on the car, and look for handfree on your phone. When they sink your car will ask you to add or reject the phone, it prompts with a passkey to enter (enter whatever you want to use). Once you click OK, the phone will ask you to bond, say yes, enter the same passkey you just programmed to the car, and your home free.

Note. make sure you "turn on" bluetooth before searching from your phone. If you search with the bluetooth off, it will only enable bluetooth temporarily. If you turn it on first, bluetooth will always stay on and automatically link to your car when turned on even after rebooting your phone.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2005, 10:27 PM   #7
NBRider88
I gave her my heart, she gave me crabs
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexk_e90
Its really easy on cars without navi. Again, just click on the bluetooth option, enable bluetooth on your phone, click on search on the car, and look for handfree on your phone. When they sink your car will ask you to add or reject the phone, it prompts with a passkey to enter (enter whatever you want to use). Once you click OK, the phone will ask you to bond, say yes, enter the same passkey you just programmed to the car, and your home free.

Note. make sure you "turn on" bluetooth before searching from your phone. If you search with the bluetooth off, it will only enable bluetooth temporarily. If you turn it on first, bluetooth will always stay on and automatically link to your car when turned on even after rebooting your phone.

I picked up the V3 razr tonight and connected it right up with my car within minutes. Thanks for the instructions It works great so far
      12-07-2005, 05:28 PM   #8
natalia
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a BMW

I just got my car today and couldn't get it to pick up my RAZR. So I came here, found this thread, and saw the part where you have to go to "handsfree" option and "look for devices" on my RAZR. I was just hitting "Find Me". So the "look for devices" did the trick. I was able to connect and make a call. It took awhile to load my phonebook but it worked.

My question is, do I have to go into my phone and "look for devices" every time I get in my car or will it pair automatically?

Also, with your RAZR is it safe (hack wise, etc) to keep the bluetooth setting "on"?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 05:45 PM   #9
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalia
I just got my car today and couldn't get it to pick up my RAZR. So I came here, found this thread, and saw the part where you have to go to "handsfree" option and "look for devices" on my RAZR. I was just hitting "Find Me". So the "look for devices" did the trick. I was able to connect and make a call. It took awhile to load my phonebook but it worked.

My question is, do I have to go into my phone and "look for devices" every time I get in my car or will it pair automatically?

Also, with your RAZR is it safe (hack wise, etc) to keep the bluetooth setting "on"?

thanks
Yeah, Find me did the trick for me also.

Been using it for 2 months now(Razr kept BT-ON all the times), no problems.

Once you set it up, make sure to go back to,
-Bluetooth Link -> Device History. You'll see list of devices you've paired with previously. Mine says "BMW32375". -> Click the EDIT button, and see if Access is set to "Automatic". If it is set to automatic, it'll pair up whenever you start your car. Make sure to turn bluetooth @ ON all the times in order to do this.

Oh and quick tip for Razr owners, sometimes bluetooth fails to connect. I don't know why this is happening, happened to me twice. In case if this happens, don't blame it on your car. Just restart your phone, it'll work good again.

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2005, 07:14 PM   #10
Pretender
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i, 07 328i, 16 X1, >17M2

Garage List
06 330i  [0.00]
For Razr phone only, sometimes it says "connected" on the board while you already hang up the phone. Just make another dial or phone call from the phone (example: call voicemail) or turn off your phone, it will get out the "connected" mode. It usually happens during the conversation and either party get the dropped call.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2005, 07:01 AM   #11
06graphite
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328xi Coupe

lux.sh and pretender,

do you guys have the CIP 19.x update on your cars (or post-september build)? I was having the same issues as you guys on my car before I got the update. Since I got the update I haven't seen either of these issues.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2005, 02:01 PM   #12
NBRider88
I gave her my heart, she gave me crabs
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06' 330i

When I was on a phone call and another person was calling in, when the call went to missed, my original phone call was disconnected to...Anyone have this problem with the razr?
      12-08-2005, 02:16 PM   #13
jmcphillips1
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 128 Coupe

Garage List
It is so easy anyone could do it just pair and enter the supplied passcode. Done!! PS you have to make sure your bluetooth on the phone itself is on
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2006, 11:47 AM   #14
BelleauWoodsman
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

All:

Good morning!

New poster, here; with a quick question regarding this topic:

Understand that the process (setting up Bluetooth) is fairly simple. But has anyone else had problems with sporadic connectivity? Meaning that sometimes (1:3 times, in my case) the Motorola RAZR V3 works perfectly with a 3-series BMW, and other times the phone and car Bluetooth applications do not link up at all?

I'm wondering if this is a software or hardware issue with the car (another -- unapproved -- phone experience similar sporadic connectivity). Planning on taking this into the dealership for resolution, but wanted to hear of any other similar experiences.

Phone: Motorola RAZR V3
Car: 2006 BMW 325i

Thoughts?

JD
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2006, 12:25 PM   #15
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleauWoodsman
All:

Good morning!

New poster, here; with a quick question regarding this topic:

Understand that the process (setting up Bluetooth) is fairly simple. But has anyone else had problems with sporadic connectivity? Meaning that sometimes (1:3 times, in my case) the Motorola RAZR V3 works perfectly with a 3-series BMW, and other times the phone and car Bluetooth applications do not link up at all?

I'm wondering if this is a software or hardware issue with the car (another -- unapproved -- phone experience similar sporadic connectivity). Planning on taking this into the dealership for resolution, but wanted to hear of any other similar experiences.

Phone: Motorola RAZR V3
Car: 2006 BMW 325i

Thoughts?

JD
Yes. ALOT of times. but usually, I would say 8/10 times it hooks up fine.

When they don't connect, this is what I do and 9/10, it worked for me.
turn the bluetooth feature on your V3 off. wait few seconds and turn it on again.
if they still don't connect, try the "Find Me" button(its in bluetooth feature menu).
if they still don't connect, turn both bluetooth devices off(car and cell).

Really, I was hoping for a software update on this but I guess there isn't a simple solution for it.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2006, 10:06 PM   #16
mikepinkerton
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

What's the battery life like with bt on all the time? I heard it was pretty crappy.

-Mike
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2006, 01:50 PM   #17
BelleauWoodsman
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Yes. ALOT of times. but usually, I would say 8/10 times it hooks up fine.

When they don't connect, this is what I do and 9/10, it worked for me.
turn the bluetooth feature on your V3 off. wait few seconds and turn it on again.
if they still don't connect, try the "Find Me" button(its in bluetooth feature menu).
if they still don't connect, turn both bluetooth devices off(car and cell).

Really, I was hoping for a software update on this but I guess there isn't a simple solution for it.
Thank you for your response.

Well, mine doesn't even hook up that often; so I'll do a bit more research to determine if I have the latest software build . . .

JD
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2006, 01:57 PM   #18
Arkansas3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepinkerton
What's the battery life like with bt on all the time? I heard it was pretty crappy.

-Mike
very crappy. if you leave bluetooth on all the time it might last 2 days before a charge is needed. if you have it paired up, maybe a few hours.

at least that's my experience.
      04-05-2006, 04:45 PM   #19
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep

Garage List
ever since I got my bmw back in sept.05, I don't think I ever turned off the bluetooth feature on my cell.

battery life does drain faster, and it all depends on how many phone calls you make.
but i don't find it "crappy".

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2006, 01:05 AM   #20
MissStang
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Post Setting up Bluetooth 2003 BMW 325i

To set up the bluetooth in a 2003 BMW 325i:

Hold the phone button on the middle console down for approx 3 secs, then turn the ignition to the first position, continue holding for a further 3 secs approx.

BT (or Bluetooth) Pairing appears on the display.

Go to the Bluetooth settings section of your phone and search for devices. The BMW device will appear on your phone. Click pair device.

A request to enter a password or pin will appear on your phone. Enter the pin no provided either in your BMW books, or by a BMW dealer. Press ok.

Your phone should now pair with the vehicle and Pairing Succeeded be displayed on your phone.

Turn the ignition off. That should complete the process.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2006, 02:02 AM   #21
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NBRider88
When I was on a phone call and another person was calling in, when the call went to missed, my original phone call was disconnected to...Anyone have this problem with the razr?
This happens no matter what. Just have to redial the number or call the person back. Only downfall so far!
      06-27-2006, 08:03 AM   #22
Kuma
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Mine says "BMW32375"
Everyones says BMWLAST5OFVIN I figured this out when i had to re-pair my phone after it mysteriously lost its connection with the car. I looked at the number after the "BMW" and sure enough it was the last 5 digits of the VIN

Edit: Also you have to pair up within the first 10 minutes of starting the car, or at least thats what BMW told me when i was on the phone with them yesterday.
Appreciate 0