BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-19-2021, 05:57 AM   #111
R3D3V1L
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzer666 View Post
Pressing and holding the lock button should accomplish this as long as you're close to the car. If the car support convenient closing. I checked BimmerCode and there's no option to do it without holding the button.
Thanks. The other night we walked away from the car in a car park only to come back 2 hours later realising that we forgot to close the passenger window ... I was hoping there's a fail safe solution ...
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 09:44 AM   #112
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3D3V1L View Post
Thanks. The other night we walked away from the car in a car park only to come back 2 hours later realising that we forgot to close the passenger window ... I was hoping there's a fail safe solution ...
It would be nice if the connected drive app had an option for notifications. For example, it will send you a notification if your windows are down after 15 minutes or something like that. Obviously this could be turned off/on depending on preference. For me, I never leave my windows down while parked for an extended period of time, so a push notification that says "FYI your windows are down" would be helpful. My wife loves to roll her window down by just an inch or two - so it's very hard to tell that it's open when we walk away.

The auto close feature would be nice, but I feel that could introduce a safety issue, if the windows were to close when no one is watching.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 07:58 AM   #113
wolfverine
Private
Rep
Drives: iX 40 MSprt; X6 40i; 640iGC

I had the OTA upgrade back in Nov to 07/2020.54 and all the Bimmercoding work well after that. Unfortunately, after sending my car in for maintenance today, seems like the software got "upgraded" to 11/2020.45 and as a result, all the previous codings have been reset to default. I tried to code back the previous settings (e.g. video in motion, Alpina startup/iDrive etc) but the buttons (e.g. Headunit, Instrument Cluster, etc) are all greyed out and not enabling me to code these functions. Anyone encounter similar situation?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 02:16 PM   #114
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

Hey just an FYI if anyone else finds this helpful, since you can't seem to code the tailgate functions with a bluetooth adapter, at least I can't with the obdlink LX using android, I had been using esysx but that is a bit more work. Decided to try my OBD ethernet cable and it worked like a top. I used the OBD Ethernet cable I had with a usb ethernet adapter (both the surface one and amazon basics one I have worked) and then used the micro USB to usb adapter to plug that into my Samsung Tab A followed the instructions from bimmercode to set the IP and activate ethernet on android.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 03:21 AM   #115
Dr. Jekyll
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
Hey just an FYI if anyone else finds this helpful, since you can't seem to code the tailgate functions with a bluetooth adapter, at least I can't with the obdlink LX using android, I had been using esysx but that is a bit more work. Decided to try my OBD ethernet cable and it worked like a top. I used the OBD Ethernet cable I had with a usb ethernet adapter (both the surface one and amazon basics one I have worked) and then used the micro USB to usb adapter to plug that into my Samsung Tab A followed the instructions from bimmercode to set the IP and activate ethernet on android.
I'm able to use the OBDLink MX+ OBD2 and code tailgate functions with an iPhone
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2021, 04:47 AM   #116
Kas63
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkillrob View Post
I'm able to use the OBDLink MX+ OBD2 and code tailgate functions with an iPhone
Been able to do the same with my Galaxy S10+ for the tail gate functions with an MX+ adapter.
      04-13-2021, 09:21 PM   #117
sripathinishanth
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 X5 xDrive40i

Traffic Loght Assitant

Any idea on TLA coding?
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2021, 02:30 PM   #118
edtreo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i MSport

I'm using ENET cable + adpater, after upgrading to 11.2020 I couldn't connect. I tried with either diagnostic mode and with the engine on to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2022, 01:44 PM   #119
emuu101
Rep
Drives: 22 X5

Comfort Individual

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone was able to set the default driving mode to Comfort Individual. When I use Bimmercode to change the default driving mode to Comfort Individual, the option does not appear in the Infotainment options. All I get is Eco Pro Individual and Sport Individual. Has anyone been able to get Comfort Individual working?

All I want to do is set the steering to Sport, and everything else as Comfort. Alternatively, I was thinking I could set the default mode to Sport Individual, and change everything except Steering to Comfort, but I would like to have the Auto Start-Stop function enabled. Is there a way to be in Sport Individual and still have Auto Start-Stop enabled?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0