BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-15-2020, 08:50 AM   #133
JJRX5
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubax86 View Post
CarPlay is possible to activate on all cars no matter which region.
How do we make this happen?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2020, 09:09 AM   #134
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRX5 View Post
How do we make this happen?
Everything depends on headunit. PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 05:21 AM   #135
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 XDrive40i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_xxxk View Post
Same here. The dealer said ac won't work, but you just gave me a hope 😃
CarPlay is possible to activate on all cars no matter which region.
Kubax86, I've been talking with warrenw since I'm in Korea with a 21 X5 40i. I will be in contact soon to get my CarPlay done. I appreciate you being able to help us out!

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims
Appreciate 1
kubax861775.50
      12-18-2020, 08:43 AM   #136
JJRX5
Rep

Just received the below email. Here is to hoping I am a step closer...

Sehr geehrter Herr R,

vielen Dank für Ihre Nachricht.

Damit wir Ihr Anliegen ConnectedDrive Legitimation bearbeiten können, bitten wir Sie, uns folgende Unterlagen zuzusenden:

- Kopie der Zulassungsbescheinigung Teil 1 (Vorder- und Rückseite)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Ihre BMW Kundenbetreuung

News, FAQs und How-To-Videos zu unseren Produkten und Diensten finden Sie auch auf der > BMW FAQ Website

--
BMW Group
BMW Kundenbetreuung
80788 München

Postanschrift:
80788 München

Telefon: +49-89-1250-16010
Fax: +49-89-1250-16011
Mail: bmw-connecteddrive@bmw.de
Web: https://www.bmw.de
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
Vorstand/Board of Management: Oliver Zipse (Vorsitzender/Chairman),
Ilka Horstmeier, Milan Nedeljkovic, Pieter Nota,
Nicolas Peter, Frank Weber, Andreas Wendt.
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Norbert Reithofer
Sitz und Registergericht/Registered in Germany: München HRB 42243
Appreciate 1
A6bullet337.00
      12-18-2020, 09:46 AM   #137
mcd004
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRX5 View Post
Just received the below email. Here is to hoping I am a step closer...

Sehr geehrter Herr R,

vielen Dank für Ihre Nachricht.

Damit wir Ihr Anliegen ConnectedDrive Legitimation bearbeiten können, bitten wir Sie, uns folgende Unterlagen zuzusenden:

- Kopie der Zulassungsbescheinigung Teil 1 (Vorder- und Rückseite)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Ihre BMW Kundenbetreuung

News, FAQs und How-To-Videos zu unseren Produkten und Diensten finden Sie auch auf der > BMW FAQ Website

--
BMW Group
BMW Kundenbetreuung
80788 München

Postanschrift:
80788 München

Telefon: +49-89-1250-16010
Fax: +49-89-1250-16011
Mail: bmw-connecteddrive@bmw.de
Web: https://www.bmw.de
Bayerische Motoren Werke Aktiengesellschaft
Vorstand/Board of Management: Oliver Zipse (Vorsitzender/Chairman),
Ilka Horstmeier, Milan Nedeljkovic, Pieter Nota,
Nicolas Peter, Frank Weber, Andreas Wendt.
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Norbert Reithofer
Sitz und Registergericht/Registered in Germany: München HRB 42243
Awesome! I received the same email on 10 December 2020, sent the documentation the same day and as of yesterday (17 Dec 2020) my connected drive was activated on the DE. Now, I'm just waiting for the Data Privacy option to show up under Car > Settings > General Settings > Data and Devices, so that I can enable the remote services. I wonder what made the connecteddrive.DE team change their minds all of a sudden?
Attached Images

Last edited by mcd004; 12-18-2020 at 10:01 AM..
Appreciate 1
A6bullet337.00
      12-18-2020, 10:14 AM   #138
JJRX5
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcd004 View Post
Awesome! I received the same email on 10 December 2020, sent the documentation the same day and as of yesterday (17 Dec 2020) my connected drive was activated on the DE. Now, I'm just waiting for the Data Privacy option to show up under Car > Settings > General Settings > Data and Devices, so that I can enable the remote services. I wonder what made the connecteddrive.DE team change their minds all of a sudden?
My bet is that it was always possible but not something that the technicians encounter very often.
Appreciate 1
A6bullet337.00
      12-19-2020, 01:46 PM   #139
Abdulllh
Rep

I have the same problem with my 2019 x5
I got it from Canada exported it to UAE
then SaudiArabia.

No connected drive, No maps No radio
And NO ANDROID AUTO.

I couldn't add my car to connected app
Because I get No activation code
I just need to do remote software update to get Android auto!

Any solution?

Update:

what I did so far is:

-I sent an email to the DE connected drive team in german using Google translate, I am still waiting for their reply.

Is there anything I should do now ?
Attached Images

Last edited by Abdulllh; 12-19-2020 at 06:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 07:52 AM   #140
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep

So big thanks to kubax86 for helping me out and coding in CarPlay on my 2021 X5. Also thanks to warrenw for meeting me and helping me through the process. I'm so happy to have CarPlay so I can use my Naver Maps app for navigating here in Korea for navigation. Anybody else only wanting CarPlay, I highly recommend hitting up kubax86
Attached Images

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims

Last edited by tbizzle86; 12-22-2020 at 10:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 10:20 AM   #141
Abdulllh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbizzle86 View Post
So big thanks to Kubax86 for helping me out and coding in CarPlay on my 2021 X5. Also thanks Warrenw for meeting me and helping me through the process. I'm so happy to have CarPlay so I can use my Naver Maps app for here in Korea for navigation. Anybody else only wanting CarPlay, I highly recommend hitting up Kubax86
Were you able to activate connected drive?
Because I only need it to update my software to get ANDROID AUTO!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 06:01 PM   #142
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdulllh View Post
Quote:
So big thanks to [COLOR="Blue"]Kubax86[/COLOR] for helping me out and coding in CarPlay on my 2021 X5. Also thanks [COLOR="Blue"]Warrenw[/COLOR] for meeting me and helping me through the process. I'm so happy to have CarPlay so I can use my Naver Maps app for here in Korea for navigation. Anybody else only wanting CarPlay, I highly recommend hitting up [COLOR="Blue"]Kubax86[/COLOR]
Were you able to activate connected drive?
Because I only need it to update my software to get ANDROID AUTO!
No, this was just having CarPlay coded in. The Connected Drive is a separate thing. My car is located outside the US, so I don't have telematics. Also I can't add my car to the connected drive because the car isn't registered with BMW. BMW says the car needs to be in the US to do so. Even if I were able to get the car added to the connected drive, without the telematics, the connected drive can't talk with the car. So you still wouldn't be able to get CarPlay or Android Auto. That's what [COLOR="Blue"]Kubax86[/COLOR] does. He's able to bypass the Connected Drive and code in CarPlay.

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 06:57 PM   #143
Abdulllh
Rep

Quote:
No, this was just having CarPlay coded in. The Connected Drive is a separate thing. My car is located outside the US, so I don't have telematics. Also I can't add my car to the connected drive because the car isn't registered with BMW. BMW says the car needs to be in the US to do so. Even if I were able to get the car added to the connected drive, without the telematics, the connected drive can't talk with the car. So you still wouldn't be able to get CarPlay or Android Auto. That's what Kubax86 does. He's able to bypass the Connected Drive and code in CarPlay.
My car was registered by the previous owner in Canada, and currently I'm not there.
In my place now connected drive is not supported, but I think you are wrong, and if I get my car added to connectedDrive app by BMW support, the CD will notify me about a new software update, that I can download on my phone, then push it through wifi to the car!

Watch this video

Last edited by Abdulllh; 12-20-2020 at 07:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 09:07 PM   #144
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
No, this was just having CarPlay coded in. The Connected Drive is a separate thing. My car is located outside the US, so I don't have telematics. Also I can't add my car to the connected drive because the car isn't registered with BMW. BMW says the car needs to be in the US to do so. Even if I were able to get the car added to the connected drive, without the telematics, the connected drive can't talk with the car. So you still wouldn't be able to get CarPlay or Android Auto. That's what [COLOR="Blue"]Kubax86[/COLOR] does. He's able to bypass the Connected Drive and code in CarPlay.
My car was registered by the previous owner in Canada, and currently I'm not there.
In my place now connected drive is not supported, but I think you are wrong, and if I get my car added to connectedDrive app by BMW support, the CD will notify me about a new software update, that I can download on my phone, then push it through wifi to the car!

Watch this video
Yes, you can absolutely do that. However, you would probably have to contact BMW of Canada to have them remove the car from their Country specific Connected Drive system. Then try to get the car added to the Connected drive in Your country. But you would also have to reconfigure the eSim in the car from Canada to your specific country. It's just a lot of hoops to jump thru. That's why I just coded CarPlay in so I can at least have some sort of navigation while the car is here in Korea.

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 01:32 AM   #145
vkxkswk_xxxk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watch this video
Yes, you can absolutely do that. However, you would probably have to contact BMW of Canada to have them remove the car from their Country specific Connected Drive system. Then try to get the car added to the Connected drive in Your country. But you would also have to reconfigure the eSim in the car from Canada to your specific country. It's just a lot of hoops to jump thru. That's why I just coded CarPlay in so I can at least have some sort of navigation while the car is here in Korea.
Thanks to kubax86 got my AC. This is awesome and a lifesaver for be able to use the features the car has. Thanks again!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 03:13 AM   #146
Abdulllh
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjbmw1 View Post
Here is the message I got from BMW
Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting BMW Assist Customer Care.

__

Vehicle is an U.S spec vehicle. Furthermore, the ConnectedDrive services are delivered by a Simcard embedded in the vehicle TCU that allows vehicle to connect with all services. This SimCard is registered for the U.S market. Therefore, technology will not operate in other countries.

Sincerely,

BMW NA ConnectedDrive Services Customer Care

Here is what I sent back

From bmw Technical document state that it is an ESIM the technology is GSM which is what Europe and US use.

https://www.press.bmwgroup.com/globa...es?language=en

Esim is an eletronic simcard meaning you can change what network you want to use.

eSIM is a global specification by the GSMA which enables remote SIM provisioning of any mobile device, and GSMA defines eSIM as the SIM for the next generation of connected consumer device, and networking solution using eSIM technology can be widely applicable to various Internet of things (IoT) scenarios, including connected cars.

There are no differences, just like my phone has esim I used to have att and now I have Deutschland TMobile. I just give them esim ID which is the imei.

"The core of the eSIM management system is that it provides a secure virtual identity, which is only activated after BMW ships the vehicle. Moreover, its subscription management reduces complexity, because BMW simply downloads a country‐specific subscription over‐the‐air. The result is excellent network coverage for BMW, as well as wide‐ranging intelligent services and apps that can be used for providing information or entertainmen" from BMW directly.

If possible please provide my IMEI and vehicle mobile number for my TCU.
I got this reply from the DE support team
This is really frustrating.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2020, 09:21 AM   #147
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Watch this video
Thanks to kubax86 got my AC. This is awesome and a lifesaver for be able to use the features the car has. Thanks again!
Congrats man. Glad you were able to get it done!

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2020, 10:30 PM   #148
qkrrlxo
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5

Quote:
Hello, I am in Korea as well with 2021 X5. sent you a pm
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2020, 11:11 PM   #149
vkxkswk_xxxk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 M50i

Quote:
Do you usually use naver map? Have you used anything else? I use T-map, but whenever it's connected to AC there's a delay.. not even once in a while, but everytime. I'm tempting to try kakao navi, but wanted to hear your experiences with the naver, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 01:32 AM   #150
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Do you usually use naver map? Have you used anything else? I use T-map, but whenever it's connected to AC there's a delay.. not even once in a while, but everytime. I'm tempting to try kakao navi, but wanted to hear your experiences with the naver, thanks.
Pm sent.

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 08:06 AM   #151
Mishkhas
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: Z4 , X2 , 640I

Need your help

Quote:
Everything depends on headunit. PM sent.
I have the same exact problem regarding my Z4 CarPlay activation
I have emailed you
Please have a look and let me know
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 10:37 AM   #152
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mishkhas View Post
I have the same exact problem regarding my Z4 CarPlay activation
I have emailed you
Please have a look and let me know
I have already responded
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 03:56 PM   #153
mimiche
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw G20 330IX

Quote:
I have already responded
hello kubax86 I have a bmw bought in germany but from us When I got the car it had carplay, spotify,....
but everything diseappeared suddenly maybe a reset has be done
To get the apps back I need to connect to internet but the car doesn't connect can you help me remotely thanks I sent you an email
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2021, 04:29 PM   #154
Ukd X6
Private First Class
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 G06

Quote:
Quote:

Watch this video
Not a chance mate..

Connecteddrive is not even active in Saudi and most likely your best bet is having the software reprogrammed by a local bmw third party shop or the Dealer (costly)

If your care came with teleservices then your chances are thin .. did you try the bmw dealer in Ksa ? And or a third party shop ?
Appreciate 0