BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-27-2020, 08:39 PM   #23
gan23
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5M '18 XM’23 X5 50e 24

Isn’t there a learning curve of your driving style with a pedal adaptation by the car?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 09:55 PM   #24
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterglen View Post
We actually draggy timed the before and after and he pick up 2 tenths on 0-60 runs. Definitely not placebo. At least on that car
Why you can't just accept facts?

There is no hp increase or more power after the break in service.

No BMW has more power after the break in service, no matter what your draggy says.
Appreciate 3
dds007411.00
themnmd1691.00
Ex_Stig2592.50
      11-28-2020, 05:01 PM   #25
BiGFather
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30 540i xDrive Mperformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW4LYF View Post
Quote:
We actually draggy timed the before and after and he pick up 2 tenths on 0-60 runs. Definitely not placebo. At least on that car
Why you can't just accept facts?

There is no hp increase or more power after the break in service.

No BMW has more power after the break in service, no matter what your draggy says.
after about 900-1100 kms it became louder and was easier to get higher rpms. To that time it really didnt "want" to go high rpms and increased it not so quick.

Then It was like I started up and it was suddenly louder and I had to step on gas pedal differently because it was more sensitive to go higher rpms.

I driven everyday and had 3000kms in 2 weeks.. I took manytimes friend of mine and we both seen the difference.

But after service nothing changed. They just changed oil and did me the recall thing with tank fuel.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 06:27 AM   #26
F85MTuNED
IG: @88jae88
Rep
Drives: ///Ⓜ️

Quote:
I understand why you believe there is an HP increase but there isn't an HP bump after the break in service. What I think you are witnessing is a vehicle that is driven in a certain manner so mannerisms are way more aggressive than the average.

The self learning thing is real and I find that those that actually drive the cars hard (not abuse big difference) their vehicles always seem way faster than others.
      11-29-2020, 10:17 AM   #27
Salespunk
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Slow

These motors are very tight from the factory. As the car goes through break in it will get faster. This is not a tune issue, it is all of the parts wearing in together. It is not uncommon at all to pick up several 1/10ths in the first 5,000 miles as things loosen up. I have had a few cars that got quicker through the first 10,000 miles. This is also why they want an oil change done at 1200 miles. It is to pick up most of the wear that ends up in the oil.
Appreciate 2
BiGFather154.00
BMWM5NYC496.00
      11-30-2020, 09:14 AM   #28
jokerswld34
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760li

Garage List
2019 BMW M760i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dds007 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GNALUZU View Post
How many miles on the '21? Sounds to me like maybe the car just hasn't fully settled in yet.

I seriously doubt that BMW would alter the tune from '20 to '21. With all the automation in manufacturing now, I doubt that your car is out of spec.
I'm at 12XX Miles.
I've got a 20 X5MC with about 8800 miles. 7000 of which has been using a Racechip. My car is a straight beast.

My suggestion is to drive the M harder once you're back from the break-in service. Go find some 100 Octane fuel, throw a couple gallons in on a low tank and mash the throttle until the tank is empty. Run thru the gears manually, get up to redline, let off throttle and let the RPMs fall without shifting. do this several times in a row followed by a cooling cycle. This should accelerate the wear-in process of the gaskets, seals, gearing, etc. without being abusive.

Bed in the brakes too, which will not only add stopping performance, but also get you to hard accelerate the car repeatedly. you can follow recommended procedures from StopTech or Brembo, but I prefer StopTech's. Do this often if you don't use your brakes hard on a regular basis.

FWIW, this is only my opinion, and it is controversial, but I believe if you want the best performance out of the engine, drive it hard from the get go. I did make it to the break in service before any launches, hard kick downs, heavy braking, etc. but if you want the most out of your high performance car, drive it like it's intended. The engine will open up and you'll be a happy camper. sounds to me like you want max performance so also consider a tune or Piggyback for the extra grunt
Appreciate 0