BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-02-2020, 04:07 PM   #1
grimluster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 23 M5C, 21 X5 M50i

Keeping mirror clean

The trim on my X5 gets dirty really quick and looks really bad. Is there a good solution to keeping it clean? Even with the rest of the car being fairly clean, the mirrors always look terrible.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 04:15 PM   #2
Therealmatzaman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 G05

Theres a post on the forum somewhere about this. Or at least I remember seeing something like it. The cerium grey pits easily and the best thing to do is get it coated with a ceramic or a PPF wrap. If you’re handy you can probably do the coating yourself. If you go the pro route, probably better to get the whole car coated.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 04:21 PM   #3
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimluster View Post
The trim on my X5 gets dirty really quick and looks really bad. Is there a good solution to keeping it clean? Even with the rest of the car being fairly clean, the mirrors always look terrible.
Right, what Therealmatzaman said is the best, its a small area and easy to apply your own PPF but in the meantime or if you don't want to, I keep mine waxed well and often. When they get dirty or bug splatters are on them, its really quite easy to spray a little water on them, let it sit for a minute while you spray the other one and then take a wet microfiber cloth and it comes off like butter.
Appreciate 0