GŁnther
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
New X5 M50i Detailing

Hey guys!

I pick up my X5 M50i on 1/19. I'm curious about whether detailing is needed, or not. If detailing is required/recommended then I would love to have your opinion about ceramic coatings, leather protection, and glass treatments.

I read earlier posts about whether ceramic coatings are required and Ceramic Pro. I have a detailer friend who is pushing me to do the ceramic coating, CQuartz leather protectant, and GlassParency. He's quoted the price at $2,500 for everything.

I'm sure there are pros and cons both ways. What would you guys do?

Thanks much!
2021 X5 M50i; Tanzanite Blue II Metallic; Coffee Extended Merino Leather; Executive Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Drivers Assistance Professional Package; Parking Assistance Package; 22" M Double-spoke black 742M wheels; Bowers & Wilkins sound system; Extended Shadowline Trim; Front massaging seats; Heated Front & Rear Seats and armrests; Space -saver tire
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 03:38 PM   #2
smomin23
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Günther View Post
Hey guys!

I pick up my X5 M50i on 1/19. I'm curious about whether detailing is needed, or not. If detailing is required/recommended then I would love to have your opinion about ceramic coatings, leather protection, and glass treatments.

I read earlier posts about whether ceramic coatings are required and Ceramic Pro. I have a detailer friend who is pushing me to do the ceramic coating, CQuartz leather protectant, and GlassParency. He's quoted the price at $2,500 for everything.

I'm sure there are pros and cons both ways. What would you guys do?

Thanks much!
That pricing seems a bit steep.

I'm paying $1,150 for mine (Ceramic Pro Silver Package) + glass + trim + wheel face/barrel.

This is the 5 year warranty package. There's also a Gold package ($1,750) that's "lifetime" and has 4 layers of the ceramic vs the 1 in silver.

No interior on my deal but can't imagine interior costing THAT much.

Hope this helps!

Also you should note for CP's warranty, you have to get the coating inspected every year. My shop is doing the inspection and topping up the coating with CP Sport annually for free. That's a nice bonus to have.

I'd also look into PPF, well worth it to protect against rock chips etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 04:57 PM   #3
GŁnther
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
Thanks for the information smomin23. Yes, $2500 seems a bit high to me, as well.

KTV
2021 X5 M50i; Tanzanite Blue II Metallic; Coffee Extended Merino Leather; Executive Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Drivers Assistance Professional Package; Parking Assistance Package; 22" M Double-spoke black 742M wheels; Bowers & Wilkins sound system; Extended Shadowline Trim; Front massaging seats; Heated Front & Rear Seats and armrests; Space -saver tire
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2021, 05:30 PM   #4
smomin23
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Günther View Post
Thanks for the information smomin23. Yes, $2500 seems a bit high to me, as well.

KTV
Happy to help! Hope you enjoy your new car
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2021, 12:54 PM   #5
iX52020
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 xDrive40i

Are you asking your dealer not to do a paint correction?
Appreciate 0