BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-16-2020, 06:02 AM   #23
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukd X6 View Post
I also came across a member at the M2 forum who did activate the Carplay in Saudi his name is m7ammed

BMW M2 Competition Model
Just enabled CarPlay

m7ammed (wrote)

Well thanks to wibbles I was able to activate car play! I opened the dashboard/HU only to discover that the WiFi cable was already there.

Activating CarPlay was really simple, got a code and a word file containing all the instructions I needed. Download the small file and followed the instruction the whole process took 15 mins maybe and boom I have got CarPlay. Dealer couldn't do anything for me to get any codes here in Saudi and said it wasn't possible but thanks to wibbles I can enjoy the latest tech.
i spoke to a few people but all the options available were fro idrive 6 cars, no one has been able to activate the idrive 7. fingers crossed for someone to breakthrough this wall of bmw nonsense.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 10:24 AM   #24
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 XDrive40i

I am in the same boat. I bought a 2021 X5 40i thru the BMW military sales in South Korea. It's a US-spec car and it was just delivered to me in Korea last week 10/16/20. My car also doesn't give me the option to select CarPlay. It seems from the research that I have done because I can't register my car and add it to the connected drive app, plus none of my telecommunications work, ie navigation or LTE services, that I'm unable to unlock CarPlay in i drive. It's ridiculous that you have to jump through hoops just to get CarPlay to work. CarPlay works great in my 20k Hyundai I shipped to Korea from US, but an $80k BMW doesn't. At this point my only option is to wait for a coding fix to get my Apple CarPlay. I also sucks that I can't download other Apps like the drive recorder too. I should be able to tether my phones WiFi to the car, or connect the car to WiFi and download these apps and unlock CarPlay. For the money we pay for these cars BMW makes it really difficult. Please if anyone knows a work around or a coding method, please share!

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 06:46 AM   #25
leonel.brodhead@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 - US SPEC

Same Issue with CarPlay

I just received my 2021 US SPEC here in Germany and my CarPlay is not working. My 20k Subaru that was shipped here has CarPlay it works fines.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 11:38 AM   #26
dnd2984
Rep
Drives: Merc C63, F95, and XC90.

Just got my 2021 and same issue not working. It’s grayed out. On our 2019 it was no issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2020, 11:47 AM   #27
DJDJR
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: g05 45e on order!

i believe you have to enable car play in the idrive menu under settings you will see "apple carplay"
seems a bit hidden, i spent 30 mins sorting it out when i had a demo car!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 04:04 PM   #28
leonel.brodhead@gmail.com
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 - US SPEC

I couldn't find it.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2020, 12:03 AM   #29
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbizzle86 View Post
I am in the same boat. I bought a 2021 X5 40i thru the BMW military sales in South Korea. It's a US-spec car and it was just delivered to me in Korea last week 10/16/20. My car also doesn't give me the option to select CarPlay. It seems from the research that I have done because I can't register my car and add it to the connected drive app, plus none of my telecommunications work, ie navigation or LTE services, that I'm unable to unlock CarPlay in i drive. It's ridiculous that you have to jump through hoops just to get CarPlay to work. CarPlay works great in my 20k Hyundai I shipped to Korea from US, but an $80k BMW doesn't. At this point my only option is to wait for a coding fix to get my Apple CarPlay. I also sucks that I can't download other Apps like the drive recorder too. I should be able to tether my phones WiFi to the car, or connect the car to WiFi and download these apps and unlock CarPlay. For the money we pay for these cars BMW makes it really difficult. Please if anyone knows a work around or a coding method, please share!
Same issue but with my G20, also ordered US spec here in Korea. Just messaged kubax86 to see if he's had any luck... I'll report back if I get it working.
      12-07-2020, 12:15 AM   #30
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Quote:
Same issue but with my G20, also ordered US spec here in Korea. Just messaged kubax86 to see if he's had any luck... I'll report back if I get it working.
Yes, please keep me posted!

2021 X5 Xdrive 40i, M Sports Package, Alpine White, Coffee Vernasca Leather, Executive Package, Third-row seat, 21" Y spoke rims
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2020, 05:32 AM   #31
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver.Solid View Post
So I purchased n '19 40i (10/18 build) from Dubai with connected drive capabilities however since importing it into KSA, we dont have the service and since I've been unable or take advantage of a number of features mainly:

CarPlay So im not sure if its hardware based or software based issue as i cannot see the option to activate carplay in the idrive menu?

Driver profile - cannot create a driver profile and hence use valet mode etc.

is there anyway i can bypass this connected drive issue? mainly am i able to activate car play or even do a retrofit to be able to take advantage of google maps. thanks.
Silver.Solid, I have a buddy who found a guy on the forum (Kubax86) and he is able to unlock CarPlay for us. See the thread below. I'm having mine done soon. See the last page of the thread.

US Spec with Euro connected drive 2020 X5 M50i https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1682440

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 05:21 AM   #32
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Silver.Solid, I have a buddy who found a guy on the forum (Kubax86) and he is able to unlock CarPlay for us. See the thread below. I'm having mine done soon. See the last page of the thread.

US Spec with Euro connected drive 2020 X5 M50i https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1682440
Thanks for the heads up!
can i just confirm that your connected drive was not working prior to this? this is my issue is that i have teleservices but connected drive not enabled hence the loss of all these options. if the prior was the case, id like to write to them and do the same process even when in Germany in case they care able to help.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2020, 06:23 AM   #33
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the heads up!
can i just confirm that your connected drive was not working prior to this? this is my issue is that i have teleservices but connected drive not enabled hence the loss of all these options. if the prior was the case, id like to write to them and do the same process even when in Germany in case they care able to help.
Yeah. I bought my X5 new thru the BMW military sales in South Korea. It's a US spec car. I can't add my vehicle to the Connected Drive plus I have no Navigation or Telematics while here. So for me all I want is Apply CarPlay so I can use Navigation etc. Kubax86 is able to code in CarPlay so you can at least have that. I'm actually having it coded in tomorrow so I'll post when it's done.

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 07:58 AM   #34
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep

CarPlay

Ok, so I was finally able to get my CarPlay coded in on my 2021 X5 40i. If anyone else needs this done, hit up [COLOR="Blue"]Kubax86[/COLOR] and he will take care of you.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 12:23 PM   #35
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thats great man!

thanks for sharing. i wonder if i can get Android Auto since i have the software but sadly needs to be unlocked. I'll reach out to Kubax86.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2020, 12:34 PM   #36
Ukd X6
Private First Class
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: BMW X6 G06

Quote:
Thats great man!

thanks for sharing. i wonder if i can get Android Auto since i have the software but sadly needs to be unlocked. I'll reach out to Kubax86.
Sounds like the light at the end of the tunnel finally for you guys .. awesome.. I just hope they'ed get the bmw connecteddrive soon for us here in KSA ..
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2020, 02:01 PM   #37
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukd X6 View Post
Sounds like the light at the end of the tunnel finally for you guys .. awesome.. I just hope they'ed get the bmw connecteddrive soon for us here in KSA ..
I hope so.

I contacted him regarding Android Auto which is what i need so looking forward to seeing that installed this weekend.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 04:30 AM   #38
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I hope so.

I contacted him regarding Android Auto which is what i need so looking forward to seeing that installed this weekend.
Got an update today that Android Auto is being researched so it will need to be delayed until that can be done.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2020, 05:14 AM   #39
tbizzle86
Private
South Korea
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I hope so.

Got an update today that Android Auto is being researched so it will need to be delayed until that can be done.
Guess you better upgrade to iPhone hahahahaha. Sorry for the bad news tho.

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 03:05 PM   #40
andrasolo
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x6 2021

Quote:
did u managed it to work?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 03:46 PM   #41
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Guess you better upgrade to iPhone hahahahaha. Sorry for the bad news tho.
It may come down to this
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 04:44 PM   #42
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrasolo View Post
did u managed it to work?
sadly not yet, still waiting on the update.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 07:55 AM   #43
Mishkhas
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: Z4 , X2 , 640I

I have the same issue for a Z4 2019 bought from Dubai and cant activate the apple CarPlay back in Saudi
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 01:01 PM   #44
Mishkhas
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: Z4 , X2 , 640I

Quote:
sadly not yet, still waiting on the update.
Did it work for you or you still waiting ?
Appreciate 0