BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-03-2021, 03:45 PM   #1
jg05
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ’23 X3 M40i Brooklyn Grey

New member, new order M50i

I’m a new member and have been trolling these boards for a little while but haven’t been able to post until now - I think the admin was off for the holiday.

Just ordered my first BMW

X50i
Mineral White
Black Merino
Anthracite Poplar Matte Wood Inlays
20” wheels (mucho potholes in my area)
B&W
Massaging Seats
Heated rears and armrests
Executive Package
Spare Tire
Driving Assistance Pro
Extended Shadowline Trim
Parking Assistance Pro

Already got a production number so assuming the dealer had an allocation spot just waiting for me.

You’ve all been a tremendous help with posts and responses. Hoping to contribute as I have lots of questions (will start another thread for those).

Just wanted to say thanks since I wasn’t able to post until now.
Appreciate 1
smomin23311.00
      01-03-2021, 07:58 PM   #2
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Welcome to the forum and congratulations. Hopefully the wait won't be too long. Good luck, enjoy and be safe.
      01-03-2021, 09:34 PM   #3
jg05
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Welcome to the forum and congratulations. Hopefully the wait won't be too long. Good luck, enjoy and be safe.
Thanks much!!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 11:44 PM   #4
Luminor513
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 G07 x40i BSM/Blk Merino

Congrats on the new ride. Delivery day will be here before you know it.
      01-03-2021, 11:51 PM   #5
alewifebp
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 M50i

Garage List
2024 i5 M60  [0.00]
Nice build! I was considering white for a while, I went back and forth on a lot of the colors. I'll be curious to see how the extended shadowline will look on white. I suspect it will look really good.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 10:35 AM   #6
jg05
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alewifebp View Post
Nice build! I was considering white for a while, I went back and forth on a lot of the colors. I'll be curious to see how the extended shadowline will look on white. I suspect it will look really good.
Thanks! Yeah, I would have gone with a boring gray - most gray cars I’ve had in the past never looked dirty but looked great clean. Unfortunately, the color choices are really limited for the M50i and the gray is too dark. I just don’t have time to care for my cars the way I would like.

I ceramic and ppf’d my current car and it’s actually been more of a hassle keeping it clean since I can’t get to hand washing often enough and the no-touch car washes only do better cleaning when you select their higher packages but those have wax and you can’t have that on ceramic. I was going to keep this car but on impulse I’m making the change

I’m worried about the shadowline trim getting easily scratched - had that problem with a Lexus years ago with their black trim, but we’ll see. I’m thinking it will have stormtrooper look and probably look cleaner longer than the dark colors.

Need the 20’s for bad roads up here but if I were buying, I would probably powder coat them darker. But it’s a lease so no go.

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 01:15 PM   #7
TomCat6065
Gear Head
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X2 M35i, 2021 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg05 View Post
I'm a new member and have been trolling these boards for a little while but haven't been able to post until now - I think the admin was off for the holiday.

Just ordered my first BMW

X50i
Mineral White
Black Merino
Anthracite Poplar Matte Wood Inlays
20" wheels (mucho potholes in my area)
B&W
Massaging Seats
Heated rears and armrests
Executive Package
Spare Tire
Driving Assistance Pro
Extended Shadowline Trim
Parking Assistance Pro

Already got a production number so assuming the dealer had an allocation spot just waiting for me.

You've all been a tremendous help with posts and responses. Hoping to contribute as I have lots of questions (will start another thread for those).

Just wanted to say thanks since I wasn't able to post until now.
Looks like a nice build.
2021 X5 M50i, Carbon Black, Ext Coffee Merino interior, 21" Y Spoke wheels, Matte Poplar woodgrain trim. Adaptive M-Susp, DHP, Exec Package, Park Assist Plus, Driving Assist Pro, Traffic Jam Assist, Heated/Ventilated seats/armrests, Alacantara headliner, Increased speed limiter.
My wife drives a 2020 X2 M35i.
Appreciate 1
jg05303.50
      01-21-2021, 10:09 AM   #8
jg05
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Just looked on the website and it shows delivered to dealer already! Hoping to pick up on Saturday. Don’t even know if my sales guy knows it’s in yet ��

Not bad - ordered very end of Dec, into production after the 2 week factory holiday closure and just a few days transport. Very impressive!
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 12:00 PM   #9
jg05
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Just picked my M50i two days ago. Went to dealership last week of December, order placed by dealer 1/30, entered paint booth 1/15 (I believe the factory was shut down for the first week +/- of Jan). Holiday 1/18, entered assembly line 1/19, delivered to dealer and picked up on 1/21. Unbelievably fast!

One reason I think this went so quickly was that the dealer is supposedly the largest volume BMW dealer in our state so they had available allocations to get the order started right away. Everything after that? Just impressive tech and engineering for a manufacturing process. And being on the East Coast surely helped with the short delivery time.

Will post some pics shortly.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2021, 12:06 PM   #10
jg05
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Some pics. Tried to get a few where I had trouble finding things in my research.

Matte Poplar on black merino.

Standard interior Ceiling trim.

Rear seat leather looks good - no puckering that I could see.
Bought the rubber floor mats and put a photo of those installed. There are two options - one is the floor mats I picked up and the other is more of a deeper plastic. Thought those were a bit much for my needs.

Hope these help someone and it’s fun to show off the new girl - really happy with the new buggy so far!

Edit: one more thing I forgot to mention. My X5 DOES have the ambient lighting in the back of the front seat. I remember seeing people trying to figure out which model/option combo has that so mine is: Merino Black, M50i, massaging seats, heated seats and armrests and Bowers and Wilkins. Not sure which, if any, of those combo items affect the rear ambient lighting but figured I would post in case that helps anyone as well.
Attached Images

Last edited by jg05; 01-24-2021 at 04:10 PM..
Appreciate 1
TurtleBoy12878.50
      01-24-2021, 02:41 PM   #11
NickyF25
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5, 2023 Raptor

Very nice looking vehicle. Looks like Devon BMW....if so they were great to deal with. In Nov,19 we bought a 20 month old CPO 18 X5 3.5i MSport with 7200 miles ($75k orig MSRP) for a great price. There were 2 other people looking at it when we were there and we came to a deal right before closing. BSing with the other sales people before we left they all had a bet we would buy it lol.
      01-24-2021, 04:15 PM   #12
jg05
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyF25 View Post
Very nice looking vehicle. Looks like Devon BMW....if so they were great to deal with. In Nov,19 we bought a 20 month old CPO 18 X5 3.5i MSport with 7200 miles ($75k orig MSRP) for a great price. There were 2 other people looking at it when we were there and we came to a deal right before closing. BSing with the other sales people before we left they all had a bet we would buy it lol.
Thank you!

Good eye on Devon. It was a pretty good experience with them. Everyone was super nice. Left West German my last 3 visits not feeling so great with their customer service/friendliness. I was even ready to buy on all 3 occasions but left and bought another brand due to that lack of comfort from those experiences. Had worked out a pretty good deal with them over the phone but it was a very frustrating experience.

On a whim, went to Devon since they had some M50is in stock with options I wanted to see and ended up getting them to match what I had gotten from W German so I was happy.

Plus, they are supposedly the highest volume BMW dealer in Pa so they had available allocations. I got my ordered car in just over 3 weeks - including holiday shut down and MLK holiday - that was impressive!

I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking.

Maybe I will see you around town one of these days.

Cheers!!
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 08:29 PM   #13
bandersen
Captain
Rep
Drives: MY22 X5 40I M-Sport

So...are you getting PPF or ceramic? If so, do you know where yet (as I live in Center City and am looking...)
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 09:23 PM   #14
jg05
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandersen View Post
So...are you getting PPF or ceramic? If so, do you know where yet (as I live in Center City and am looking...)
I am not since it’s a lease. I got my last car ppf’d and ceramic coated and don’t have the time to hand wash - always felt limited with the ceramic coating and ended up with not washing the car enough to get it looking like it should with the ceramic coating.
Appreciate 0