Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
2020 M2 CS  [10.00]
2020 M240i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
I was/am really hoping that Thunderbolt would allow dual monitors. No word on that yet, but I am afraid i will be disappointed
the limitation is on the graphics card not being able to support 3 displays, since its a laptop, one additional display is the most you are gonna get. When the mac mini or the mac pro get updated, you will be able to support dual monitors
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 12:21 PM   #24
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep
Drives: Ordered: 2023 G80 M3 6MT

haha so many mac nerds mad
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 12:24 PM   #25
FDfranklin
d[-_-]b
Rep
Drives: Ordered: 2023 G80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
\

Oh, and not only is the new macbook pro steady and reliable, you can buy 2 pcs for the price of one mac that will speed past your mac.
and just because you called me an idiot ftfy
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 12:25 PM   #26
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Idiot. You realize Mac has had a right and left click for over 5 years now right? You along with the people that made that should really not argue about something you know nothing about.

Oh, and not only is the new macbook pro steady and reliable, it'll speed past any $2K pc laptop any day of the week.

My 2006 MBP still works great and is faster than my friends laptops they bought last year. I will probably upgrade this year or next just so I can start doing more video editing in HD.

I *still* have to deal with retards who tell me that they wont switch to a mac because "macs wont be able to open any of my files. i have thousands of word and excel docs that i dont want to re-write in mac format" or "as far as i know macs dont support email attachments".

We have a user with a brand new MBP, who runs VMware Fusion just so he can run Thunderbird in Windows to read his email... all of which resides on a IMAP server. /facepalm

I work at a university, and hands down, the dumbest people I have to deal with are computer science majors. Not only they are not willing to accept the fact that they are not all that bright, they are really fucking ignorant.

We had a student write some code that went ape shit, got stuck in a loop and started sending millions of emails. I contacted the user and asked him to kill the application because it was not working, to which i got a reply: "My application is working fine. It's your shitty server".

He changed the tune REALLY quick after 7,000 new messages ended up in his inbox within a 5 minute period. LOL

Bow before me, for I am root.