03-23-2024, 06:49 PM   #1
sigmabody
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e

Weird bug: seat heating/ventilation

Wondering how many other people have experienced this bug:

Sometimes (cannot figure out when, may be related to Preconditioning, maybe climate rules), when I have seat ventilation on, the seat heat will also come on. However, it won't show as "on" in iDrive. Sometimes I can get it to disable by turning it on/off in the iDrive menu, sometimes not. It's super annoying when it happens, but not something I've figured out how to trigger explicitly yet.

Anyone else experience this bug?

Note: It's happened periodically since I took delivery 2.5 years ago, and happened today (with 03/2024.25), so it doesn't appear to be a version specific bug, although before I could "reset" it fairly consistently by changing settings back and forth, and today I could not.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2024, 07:20 PM   #2
krypttic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X50e with Executive P

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2047496
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2024, 07:39 PM   #3
sigmabody
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e

Good to know it's not just me, and seems to be a relatively common issue.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure it's a software bug, not the air intake being warm (or something similar). It's very noticeable, and since I run with ventilation on most of the time, and don't experience it 98% of the time, I doubt the air intake is the cause. Moreover, as noted, I have been able to "fix" it sometimes by fiddling with the settings. I've also noticed that sometimes when only ventilation is on (per the button display), if I open the actual settings, heat will be on 3 in the iDrive display. This wasn't the case today, though: heat was absolutely on, but the software thought it was off.

Maybe I'll take it to the dealer, but almost certain they would just tell me they couldn't see the problem. :/
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 01:24 AM   #4
krypttic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X50e with Executive P

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmabody View Post
Good to know it's not just me, and seems to be a relatively common issue.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure it's a software bug, not the air intake being warm (or something similar). It's very noticeable, and since I run with ventilation on most of the time, and don't experience it 98% of the time, I doubt the air intake is the cause. Moreover, as noted, I have been able to "fix" it sometimes by fiddling with the settings. I've also noticed that sometimes when only ventilation is on (per the button display), if I open the actual settings, heat will be on 3 in the iDrive display. This wasn't the case today, though: heat was absolutely on, but the software thought it was off.

Maybe I'll take it to the dealer, but almost certain they would just tell me they couldn't see the problem. :/
Yeah, my dealer said it was operating normally. They clearly didn’t give it much effort.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 08:27 AM   #5
PaulaHills
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5

Thanks; I thought only I was facing this issue. But now I know that most students feel the same problem. So I want to share this https://canadianwritings.com/samples website, which I use to get help writing essays and assignments. If you want to try them, you can also read their sample essay.

Last edited by PaulaHills; 04-20-2024 at 05:17 AM..
Appreciate 0