BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-06-2024, 05:57 AM   #1
Johnnybroker
Rep
Drives: BMW I4

2025 X5 50e DAPP not available, is adaptive cruise control standard

Just found out that DAPP is not available in Hawai, Alaska and Puerto Rico after I decided to get it on my build. Is adaptive cruise control at least standard? What a bummer that I can’t get it. Driving Assist was standard on my Genesis GV80 from 2020. Does it use GPS mapping or something because it makes no sense that is not available. It says so on the fin prints.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 07:20 AM   #2
BlkGS
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
You only get adaptive cruise with DAPP unless they somehow unbundled it for your areas.

Can you get DAPP on 40i or M60i, or is it just unavailable?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 07:24 AM   #3
JoeAyalaM
Second Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMWX5 M60i / Audi S6 V8TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnybroker View Post
Just found out that DAPP is not available in Hawai, Alaska and Puerto Rico after I decided to get it on my build. Is adaptive cruise control at least standard? What a bummer that I can’t get it. Driving Assist was standard on my Genesis GV80 from 2020. Does it use GPS mapping or something because it makes no sense that is not available. It says so on the fin prints.
I read that Highway Assistant is not available there, but Driving Assistant Professional is.

The first one is the hands free driving system at up to 85 MPH on certain highways. The latter is line keep assist plus Stop and go adaptive cruise control at up to 130 MPH. It's all explained there in the BMWUSA.COM configurator options.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 08:23 AM   #4
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
As mentioned above, DAP is definitely available in Hawaii. DAP (or DAPP) is the Driving Assistance Professional package which contains numerous features (see below). What you are referring to is Highway Assistant which is third cruise mode which is hands-free up to 85mph.

Adaptive cruise is not standard so you will need to order DAP to get it.
Attached Images

04-06-2024, 05:02 PM   #5
aaaaaaaaaz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e (CB/Coffee)

Quote:
Is the DAPP package not allowed to be ordered from dealers in those area, or is it just saying there is no highway with Highway Assist support in those area ?

You definitely need the DAPP package to have the "adaptive" cruise control that slows down for the car in front of you; otherwise you only get the standard "dynamic" cruise control, which refers to use brake in addition to engine to maintain desired speed.

If you really want the feature but cannot order in those area, you can always order from a mainland dealership and then transport the car back

Last edited by aaaaaaaaaz; 04-06-2024 at 05:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2024, 05:15 PM   #6
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanzyy View Post
Is the DAPP package not allowed to be ordered from dealers in those area, or is it just saying there is no highway with Highway Assist support in those area ?

You definitely need the DAPP package to have the "adaptive" cruise control that slows down for the car in front of you; otherwise you only get the standard "dynamic" cruise control, which refers to use brake in addition to engine to maintain desired speed.

If you really want the feature but cannot order in those area, you can always order from a mainland dealership and then transport the car back
As mentioned, DAP is available to be ordered and it is the Highway Assistant that is not.
Attached Images

dwwStL170.50
      04-08-2024, 08:21 AM   #7
Johnnybroker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
As mentioned, DAP is available to be ordered and it is the Highway Assistant that is not.
Thanks for the responses

I will check today with my sales man because this was almost a dealbreaker for me. Making a huge sacrifice to take my son to practice at a premier team that’s two and a half hours away each way twice a week for practice and then to the games on the weekend and The GV80 with the highway driving assist helps a lot alleviate stress points by being able to rest my arms and my legs. My BMW i4 does not have it nor does it have adaptive cruise control and although it tracks very well in the highway and that makes up for it a little bit but I am more rested when I take the trip on the GV80.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 08:28 AM   #8
Johnnybroker
Rep

Quote:

I did that with my i4, bought it in Virginia and had it transported to Jacksonville to ship to Puerto Rico. I am wandering though how the DAPP works that it does not work in Alaska, Hawai and Puerto Rico.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 08:36 AM   #9
Johnnybroker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAyalaM View Post
I read that Highway Assistant is not available there, but Driving Assistant Professional is.

The first one is the hands free driving system at up to 85 MPH on certain highways. The latter is line keep assist plus Stop and go adaptive cruise control at up to 130 MPH. It's all explained there in the BMWUSA.COM configurator options.
I just did the configurator on the 50e and there is only one option the Driving Assistance Professional Package, no other option unless is available at the dealer configurator. Or it is standard on the 50e?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 08:55 AM   #10
JoeAyalaM
Second Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMWX5 M60i / Audi S6 V8TT

Quote:
I just did the configurator on the 50e and there is only one option the Driving Assistance Professional Package, no other option unless is available at the dealer configurator. Or it is standard on the 50e?
The Package includes both systems, check the configurator's pop up explanation windows.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 10:34 AM   #11
mobsync
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e

Quote:
....highway driving assist helps a lot alleviate stress points by being able to rest my arms and my legs. My BMW i4 does not have it nor does it have adaptive cruise control and although it tracks very well in the highway and that makes up for it a little bit but I am more rested when I take the trip on the GV80.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. Folks that haven't used it have no idea how much less tiring it is when using Highway Assist on long trips.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 10:42 AM   #12
JMD
MGySgt
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Garage List! ;-)

Garage List
2010 M5  [10.00]
2016 BMW 340xi M Sport  [9.00]
2019 X5 50i M Sport  [5.50]
2010 535xi  [0.00]
2013 M5  [0.00]
2012 X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobsync View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with this. Folks that haven't used it have no idea how much less tiring it is when using Highway Assist on long trips.
1,000,000+ on all of this!
      04-08-2024, 10:44 AM   #13
aaaaaaaaaz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I did that with my i4, bought it in Virginia and had it transported to Jacksonville to ship to Puerto Rico. I am wandering though how the DAPP works that it does not work in Alaska, Hawai and Puerto Rico.
I think it is explained clearly DAPP as a package is available but only a component, “highway assistant” aka 85mph hand free does have any supported highway in those jurisdictions

Even in mainland not all road support highway assistant, on other road it just behave like normal adaptive acc with radar and lane assist, you just need to have your hands on wheel all the time
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 11:15 AM   #14
Johnnybroker
Rep

Quote:
I think it is explained clearly DAPP as a package is available but only a component, “highway assistant” aka 85mph hand free does have any supported highway in those jurisdictions

Even in mainland not all road support highway assistant, on other road it just behave like normal adaptive acc with radar and lane assist, you just need to have your hands on wheel all the time
OK, so I can still just get and pay for the PKG but will only be able to use the active driving assitant in my jurisdiction and not the Highway Assistant. But the active driving assitant pro does work fully?

Active Driving Assistant Pro

Innovative camera/radar-based driver assistance systems that provide partly-automated support will always be at your side to deliver peace of mind. Features include Traffic Jam Assist to reduce stress in traffic by letting you take your hands off the wheel; Steering and Lane Control Assistant that now includes support for narrow road sections; Emergency Stop Assistant to bring the vehicle to a stop in case of a health emergency; and Evasion Aid to assist in critical approach situations by reacting to vehicles and pedestrians in front of you.

Highway Assistant

The Highway Assistant enables attentive hands-free driving at speeds up to 85 mph where conditions and speed limits allow. This partially automated driving function also includes Active Lane Change, when the driver can confirm suggested lane changes simply by looking in the corresponding exterior side mirror. Driver attention is continuously monitored by the system via an interior camera, so the driver remains fully responsible for the task of driving and must always be able to take over should it become necessary.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 03:49 PM   #15
aaaaaaaaaz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
OK, so I can still just get and pay for the PKG but will only be able to use the active driving assitant in my jurisdiction and not the Highway Assistant. But the active driving assitant pro does work fully?

Active Driving Assistant Pro

Innovative camera/radar-based driver assistance systems that provide partly-automated support will always be at your side to deliver peace of mind. Features include Traffic Jam Assist to reduce stress in traffic by letting you take your hands off the wheel; Steering and Lane Control Assistant that now includes support for narrow road sections; Emergency Stop Assistant to bring the vehicle to a stop in case of a health emergency; and Evasion Aid to assist in critical approach situations by reacting to vehicles and pedestrians in front of you.

Highway Assistant

The Highway Assistant enables attentive hands-free driving at speeds up to 85 mph where conditions and speed limits allow. This partially automated driving function also includes Active Lane Change, when the driver can confirm suggested lane changes simply by looking in the corresponding exterior side mirror. Driver attention is continuously monitored by the system via an interior camera, so the driver remains fully responsible for the task of driving and must always be able to take over should it become necessary.
Yup. It is the same experience here in the 48 states if you don't live near a highway with the highway assist data supported.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 06:03 PM   #16
Ibiza
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 G83 comp & 2024 X5 M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobsync View Post
System cuts off at 85 mph whereas the speed limit is 70-75mph on some interstates. How is this a benifit, especially with slow a*s pick up trucks and mini vans in the left lane that the passing lane is now the right lane? This is why states are passing laws that slow drivers are ticketed for driving in the left passing lane. To pass cars DAPP has to be deactivate, as I find it useless and a waste. At least in Europe cars get out of the way in the left lane and are respective drivers to the faster car coming up from behind.

OP your not missing much not having DAPP, especially if you have a V1 Also DAPP defeats the purpose for the M60 and X5M S68 throwing you back into your seat when downshift and accelerating.
      04-08-2024, 08:32 PM   #17
aaaaaaaaaz
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibiza View Post
System cuts off at 85 mph whereas the speed limit is 70-75mph on some interstates. How is this a benifit, especially with slow a*s pick up trucks and mini vans in the left lane that the passing lane is now the right lane? This is why states are passing laws that slow drivers are ticketed for driving in the left passing lane. To pass cars DAPP has to be deactivate, as I find it useless and a waste. At least in Europe cars get out of the way in the left lane and are respective drivers to the faster car coming up from behind.

OP your not missing much not having DAPP, especially if you have a V1 Also DAPP defeats the purpose for the M60 and X5M S68 throwing you back into your seat when downshift and accelerating.
There is zero chance I can get anywhere over 80 in any lane unless in middle of night because of traffic. Many time you get lucky able to do 65. So DAPP wins big.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2024, 11:42 PM   #18
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

Quote:
You will still benefit from active cruise control with steering assist and lane keep. You just need to keep your hands on the wheel. The stop and go traffic probably works as well. It just the hands off up to 80mph isn’t available in your location.

Still way better than regular old cruise control …. Or nothing at all.

Yes the system is geo locked and uses the very high resolution maps data plus the cars sensors and cameras,
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 02:30 AM   #19
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

mahalo.

Quote:
Just found out that DAPP is not available in Hawai ... It says so on the fin prints.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 07:30 AM   #20
Johnnybroker
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by apw2607 View Post
You will still benefit from active cruise control with steering assist and lane keep. You just need to keep your hands on the wheel. The stop and go traffic probably works as well. It just the hands off up to 80mph isn’t available in your location.

Still way better than regular old cruise control …. Or nothing at all.

Yes the system is geo locked and uses the very high resolution maps data plus the cars sensors and cameras,
If that is the case for my specific situation I think it would be worth the Extra $5100.00. It is expensive since it forces you to add additional pkgs, like the premium and the Parking Assist pkg. I wish it would allow me to to just add the DAPP alone as I had no use at all for the parking assist. But if it works as described above I will regret not getting it for my long trips three times a week.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2024, 10:26 AM   #21
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
If that is the case for my specific situation I think it would be worth the Extra $5100.00. It is expensive since it forces you to add additional pkgs, like the premium and the Parking Assist pkg. I wish it would allow me to to just add the DAPP alone as I had no use at all for the parking assist. But if it works as described above I will regret not getting it for my long trips three times a week.
You will find the parking assist package very useful. Maybe not for the automated parking features but the Surround View is very helpful.
      04-10-2024, 10:33 AM   #22
carfan36
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50e 2024, CRV Hybrid 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
You will find the parking assist package very useful. Maybe not for the automated parking features but the Surround View is very helpful.
In fact I find the parking assist very helpful and has worked for me very well in clearly defined parking slots! 360 Deg camera works like a charm!
Appreciate 0