BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-19-2024, 08:14 PM   #1
new2bmwx5
Registered
Rep
Drives: '19 Rav4 Limited

Searching used models for specific options/features

Hi All, what are you guys using to search nationwide for used G05 X5 unites with specific BMW options? I'm not concerned with the trim level, just options.

The regular sites (cargurus/truecar/autotrader) don't list specific options, and some are outright missing. BMW site for new cars has all the specific options, but their used search does not.

I basically want to search nationwide for any G05 with
Executive Package
Parking Assistant Package
Climate Comfort Package
Driving Assistant Pro Package
Comfort Access

First time buying a BMW.
Any tips on this? Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2024, 09:04 PM   #2
Daedalus0101101
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 xDrive40i

Greetings fellow Texan and hope to be soon X5 owner. Ironically enough, I found mine on the website of my local BMW dealer and it didn't list all the options there, but I went on to Autotrader and did the same searched and it came back with more information on which options the vehicle had. If you know what items come with what major options, you can pretty much spot them right away in the pictures ( as long as they are true and not farmed). Also depending if you are looking for a specific year, some options were moved to other packages or slightly changed. The comfort access package for instance was slightly changed for the 24+ LCI ( someone will correct me if I'm wrong) to where the rear doors no longer have the comfort access door handle entry......driver and passenger only.
      03-19-2024, 09:33 PM   #3
gqgambler
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast & Furious

It's not easy. you need to familiarize yourself with the X5 to get good at searching. I use Cargurus, Autotrader, Cars.com, Carfax, and BMW to search all at the same time. you will find that not all cars appear on all sites and some get them listed faster than others. Search by year and trim that you want, then filter by color; those are the only filters I use. you'll make it harder in your search if you are apathetic to trim level. By far you will have more hits on a pre-LCI 40i (about 1500-2000), but if you are searching for a M50i you get <300 which is more manageable to comb through. Once you apply a color filter it really helps to whittle it down. I then look at pictures, DAAP has a different dash appears at the top of the instrument cluster, B&W stereo has a different center speaker on the dash. If I see something I like I go to the dealer site and look for the window sticker which is the most accurate. It can be a pain, but if you have the patience, you'll find something. If you don't have the patience, hire a car broker and they will find it for you.
      03-19-2024, 10:11 PM   #4
BruinMan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i Unicorn

BMWUSA website and use the filters

https://www.bmwusa.com/certified-pre...s=X5&Year=2021
      03-19-2024, 10:19 PM   #5
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Welcome to the forum. As others mentioned, the search engines do not use the options for selection. Using a vin decoder may help since sometimes not all of the options are listed and you want to verify what is listed. Here are two that should help you: https://www.mdecoder.com https://bimmer.work

Good luck in your search.
      03-20-2024, 08:41 AM   #6
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

For many options you'll have to look at things like:
Driving Assistant Pro Package - specific steering wheel buttons, radar cut-out under the bumper
Climate Comfort Package - climate control buttons
Massage seats - door buttons/blanks

etc.

I wouldn't rely on filters on non-BMW sites (cargurus, etc.).
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 09:29 PM   #7
new2bmwx5
Registered
Rep
Drives: '19 Rav4 Limited

Thank you all for the advice... I went to my local dealer and it took him 30 minutes to search his dearlership network, so it looks like there is no good tool.

I'll keep doing it manually for now, thank you for the tips!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2024, 10:04 PM   #8
697105e1
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 xDrive50e

I went through this when I was looking for a used X5. I also am very particular about the options I want.

Some BMW dealer sites (the good ones) will list the actual package names and let you filter by them.

For others, try filtering for Adaptive Cruise Control. Autotrader, Carmax, and most dealer websites will let you do this. That will get the Driving Assistance Pro Package which will be the hardest part. It will get rid of ~90% of the results. Most of the remaining will have many if not all of the other packages.

Though sometimes the options aren't always accurate. So you have to look at the pictures too. On the pre-LCI, there will be steering wheel buttons that show it has DAP. Climate Comfort requires the Multi Contour seats, which have a visually different headrest. (Though I don't believe the opposite is true). Executive Package has the crystal shifter.

After all my searching, I ended up with a new one. Lol.
Appreciate 2
LDT1539.50
      03-21-2024, 05:57 AM   #9
njdangelo
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 x5 50i

plus one on vin decoder sites mentioned above. Just take the vin from any of the listings you're interested in and type it into either of these sites and it'll tell you everything you need to know.
I'm EXTREMELY picky when I purchase cars because I look for certain options as well. When shopping for my X5 I new it needed to have Msport, v8, B&O system, comfort seating package with massage, tow package, and a few others. I was originally looking for air suspension too but just could not find the combo (side note, ended up getting a rental x5 with the air suspension and honestly the adaptive suspension is way more comfortable and responsive IMO so I'm happy that ended up working out for me too.) Took me 7 months to find and I had to have it shipped across the entire county but I finally got it. I exclusively used site photos and then vin decoders to verify
      03-21-2024, 08:02 AM   #10
Clk Group
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 x40i

Auto Tempest incorporates results from a variety of sites:

https://www.autotempest.com/
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 08:06 AM   #11
MADBMWX5MC
Major