BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-22-2023, 07:58 PM   #1
Snownado
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 xDrive 40i

Performance Center Delivery - Worth it?

I have a new X5 on order, kind of, waiting for dealer allocation. I am wondering if it is worth the extra travel cost and using some vacation days to head to Greenville/Spartanburg, SC to take delivery and drive home. If I do this, do you settle the financials with your home dealer prior to going? And also, do you have any say in the day that you take delivery?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2023, 08:05 PM   #2
LDT
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

If you haven’t done it before…it’s definitely worth it. Nice full day experience. Yes you settle the financials with your dealer. PCD isn’t scheduled until your car goes into production and the timing can be as much as a month or so after your car is built. Your dealer must request PCD.
2015 GL 350--diesel burner/highway queen
2013 Audi S6--a beast in it's day
Appreciate 1
      09-22-2023, 10:06 PM   #3
tiburon martillo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X6 M60i

Lots of YouTube videos that folks posted after PCD that give you a good idea of what to expect. Looks like a blast. Almost all reviews are raves.

My wife and I are scheduled to pick up X6 M60i October 26. We were able to work through our local dealer to schedule once we got to 150. They want you to propose requested dates. We provided three dates in the week following scheduled production. PCD responded back with 10/26 as earliest date they could support given anticipated assembly. So we took that.

We live in Texas, so have multi-day road trip planned, starting on the Blue Ridge Parkway a couple hours north of where Performance Center is located. Assuming car behaves, should be a lot of fun.

Unfortunately factory is closed to tours for the remainder of 2023. So not included in our PCD experience.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2023, 08:02 AM   #4
LDT
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiburon martillo View Post
Lots of YouTube videos that folks posted after PCD that give you a good idea of what to expect. Looks like a blast. Almost all reviews are raves.

My wife and I are scheduled to pick up X6 M60i October 26. We were able to work through our local dealer to schedule once we got to 150. They want you to propose requested dates. We provided three dates in the week following scheduled production. PCD responded back with 10/26 as earliest date they could support given anticipated assembly. So we took that.

We live in Texas, so have multi-day road trip planned, starting on the Blue Ridge Parkway a couple hours north of where Performance Center is located. Assuming car behaves, should be a lot of fun.

Unfortunately factory is closed to tours for the remainder of 2023. So not included in our PCD experience.
A night or two in Greenville is recommended. It's a lovely town. Suggest you also plan to overnight in Brevard, NC. It's a charming college town with many micro breweries, local restaurants and white, yes white squirrels roaming around. Most importantly, the roads to and from Brevard are winding mountain roads that will be a joy to drive. Fall will be in full bloom.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2023, 08:12 AM   #5
tiburon martillo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X6 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDT View Post
A night or two in Greenville is recommended. It's a lovely town. Suggest you also plan to overnight in Brevard, NC. It's a charming college town with many micro breweries, local restaurants and white, yes white squirrels roaming around. Most importantly, the roads to and from Brevard are winding mountain roads that will be a joy to drive. Fall will be in full bloom.
Agree. We already have room booked at Sunset Motel in Brevard for night after PCD. Then head west on Blue Ridge Parkway, and make our way on back roads to Chatanooga to visit family.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2023, 09:21 AM   #6
ChurchDog
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

PCD is well worth it…worth the travel, vacation days, and time. We just ordered an X5 for my wife and will be doing PCD for the second time.
As stated above, you’ll settle the financials a couple days before you head to the PC (Don’t forget your plates).
The entire experience is first class from the hotel and meals to the track time to the Genius session where you learn about your new car. You will enjoy the day and then you get to road trip your new Bimmer back home. There are several YouTube and online posts reviewing PCD and I’ve never seen one that was negative. If you have the time, it is highly recommended to do PCD.
Appreciate 1
LDT1590.50
      09-26-2023, 09:05 PM   #7
Snownado
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 xDrive 40i

Got the allocation and order accepted today. Will go for PCD provided that I can make it work with my schedule. Thanks for the replies all!
Appreciate 1
LDT1590.50
      09-27-2023, 08:21 AM   #8
LDT
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snownado View Post
Got the allocation and order accepted today. Will go for PCD provided that I can make it work with my schedule. Thanks for the replies all!
Hopefully a nice Christmas present to yourself.
Appreciate 0