01-09-2021, 08:41 AM   #177
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerelectric View Post
did someone check if: "Wiederanfahren" (go at green light, probably aSLA), "Stoppschilder" (I think also aSLA at stopsigns?) or "Engstellenassistent" (narrow passage assistant) are working?

thanks
None of those codes are valid.
Appreciate 1
      01-12-2021, 04:09 PM   #178
Baron G15
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW G15 8 Series, Audi Q8

I’m finally ready to have TLA coded in the next day or so....the coder has got it working correctly on his car so fingers crossed I can try out TLA whilst doing a COVID lockdown run to the supermarket (at least if it doesn’t work well there’ll hardly be any traffic on the road).

I have a quick functionality question for you IFR if that’s ok...

Lane Departure Warning activation threshold KAFAS/40F9 LDW_C_ELKA_DEB_DSI_DEACT_LMRE TRUE >=2007, reduces LDW if only 1 lane boundary detected
Lane Departure Warning activation threshold 40F9 LDW_C_ELKA_DEB_DSI_ACTIV_LMRE TRUE >=2007, reduces LDW if only 1 lane boundary detected

If I’m on a country road that has a center lane marking and a grass verge...do these parameters basically reduce the point at which steering intervention would kick in...ie stop me getting too close to the grass verge.

Btw...thanks for the PDF owners manual that you uploaded regarding how to use the various DAP’s....very helpful!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 02:51 AM   #179
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron G15 View Post
I’m finally ready to have TLA coded in the next day or so....the coder has got it working correctly on his car so fingers crossed I can try out TLA whilst doing a COVID lockdown run to the supermarket (at least if it doesn’t work well there’ll hardly be any traffic on the road).

I have a quick functionality question for you IFR if that’s ok...

Lane Departure Warning activation threshold KAFAS/40F9 LDW_C_ELKA_DEB_DSI_DEACT_LMRE TRUE >=2007, reduces LDW if only 1 lane boundary detected
Lane Departure Warning activation threshold 40F9 LDW_C_ELKA_DEB_DSI_ACTIV_LMRE TRUE >=2007, reduces LDW if only 1 lane boundary detected

If I’m on a country road that has a center lane marking and a grass verge...do these parameters basically reduce the point at which steering intervention would kick in...ie stop me getting too close to the grass verge.

Btw...thanks for the PDF owners manual that you uploaded regarding how to use the various DAP’s....very helpful!
Welcome

I'm not 100% on the LDW codes. Trojanlaw did some testing and confirmed that his LDW behaviour was improved using the codes i.e. it activated at a lower speed in more scenarios I believe? Hopefully he'll be along to confirm the changes.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2021, 12:29 PM   #180
Baron G15
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Welcome

I'm not 100% on the LDW codes. Trojanlaw did some testing and confirmed that his LDW behaviour was improved using the codes i.e. it activated at a lower speed in more scenarios I believe? Hopefully he'll be along to confirm the changes.
Many thanks....not sure I’ll code this one. Will let you know how I get on with TLA
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 06:44 AM   #181
Baron G15
Private
Rep

Had the car coded yesterday....EPIC fail!!!
First problems started during coding....these TLA (in red) parameters were apparently not present
I suspect that they are present but weren’t visible because he was using ESYS / launcher pro (not sure what version but, he said it was the latest) not ESYSX....I know IFR...right about now you’re shaking your head

Once all the coding was complete I did NOT get this usual message “Function not available in this country’ error message that pops up in the idrive’s speed assistant menu. Instead, when I started driving I got the message pop up on the screen in the photo below.

I assume this is a land mask coding issue.

So....TLA was a disaster (all TLA parameters were returned to pre-coded state)

The only positive was that UCC and probable path bending coded successfully.....I only drove a short distance but, the car seemed to be a lot more confident about its road position, it makes micro adjustments (much the same way a human does whilst driving) and when I came to the turn before my home, I put the indicator on and the car slowed down very smoothly in preparation for me to make the turn.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 07:01 AM   #182
Baron G15
Private
Rep

In spite of my epic fail yesterday, I refuse to give up on this...fortunately, so does my original coder (I’ve had 4 coders try and do this ).

He switched from ESYS to ESYSX before Xmas and has spent the last month getting up to speed with the software.....he has now successfully got it working in the UK however, on a couple of cars he has come across an issue where sla_aucc_land_activ is not present even though it has 5AU PRO (2019 G20)
IFR, have you come across this...I ask as it was one of the parameters that the other coder couldn’t find on my car. Is it a land mask issue or car market designation problem.

Last edited by Baron G15; 01-16-2021 at 07:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 07:02 AM   #183
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Had the car coded yesterday....EPIC fail!!!
First problems started during coding....these TLA (in red) parameters were apparently not present
I suspect that they are present but weren't visible because he was using ESYS / launcher pro (not sure what version but, he said it was the latest) not ESYSX....I know IFR...right about now you're shaking your head

Once all the coding was complete I did NOT get this usual message "Function not available in this country' error message that pops up in the idrive's speed assistant menu. Instead, when I started driving I got the message pop up on the screen in the photo below.

I assume this is a land mask coding issue.

So....TLA was a disaster (all TLA parameters were returned to pre-coded state)

The only positive was that UCC and probable path bending coded successfully.....I only drove a short distance but, the car seemed to be a lot more confident about its road position, it makes micro adjustments (much the same way a human does whilst driving) and when I came to the turn before my home, I put the indicator on and the car slowed down very smoothly in preparation for me to make the turn.
Oh jeez. Can't code what you can't see and esysx post Sept 20 is a pre-req.

The TLA error is a landmask issue, maybe some other settings missing, but it won't work without it set correctly even for the U.K.

Launcher pro has not been fit for purpose on idrive 7 cars for over a year now.

Thought your coder said they had coded it on their own vehicle? Seems suss.

Are they gonna have another go with esysx?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 07:08 AM   #184
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
In spite of my epic fail yesterday, I refuse to give up on this...fortunately, so does my original coder (I’ve had 4 coders try and do this ).

He switched from ESYS to ESYSX before Xmas and has spent the last month getting up to speed with the software.....he has now successfully got it working in the UK however, on a couple of cars (I think he said they were Italian or Canadian) he has come across an issue where sla_aucc_land_activ is not present even though it has 5AU PRO (2019 G20)
IFR, have you come across this...I ask as it was one of the parameters that the other coder couldn’t find on my car. Is it a land mask issue or car market designation problem.

As an FYI he also said it has been his experience if a car has two VO codes in the FA, TLA will not work (this one is beyond my pay grade ‘ knowledge what that means).
The code is there they just can't see it either because they don't have a version of esysx that can fully read the cafd, or incorrect psdzdata. Many G20 coded, in many countries with aUCC.

No idea what the Fa reference is. new one on me as the FA doesnt activate features, it just determines how the car is coded either during VO coding or during an i-step upgrade. If you FDL code the right settings its irrelevant what's in the FA.

Only change I make is to remove 8TR, but that's just to save me FDL coding time. If I FDL coded those 8TR settings TLA still works (and lane change assistant of course) even if 8TR is in the FA. Maybe ask them to elaborate?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 09:07 AM   #185
Baron G15
Private
Rep

Quote:
Oh jeez. Can't code what you can't see and esysx post Sept 20 is a pre-req.

The TLA error is a landmask issue, maybe some other settings missing, but it won't work without it set correctly even for the U.K.

Launcher pro has not been fit for purpose on idrive 7 cars for over a year now.

Thought your coder said they had coded it on their own vehicle? Seems suss.

Are they gonna have another go with esysx?
Alas...everyone’s a warrior till the first day of battle.

They had indeed claimed they’d coded it on their car (US coder) however, just because you see the traffic light image in the instrument cluster, it doesn’t mean that it’s been coded correctly....and then when I started seeing error messages that’s when they then confirmed they’d received the same one. Oh well, car is safely back to pre TLA configuration so, other than a bit of time/money wasted, no harm.

I’ve gone back to the original coder who’s now invested in the switch to ESYSX and will work through it with him. Do you have the minimum versions of the software as this is definitely one of the problems I’m coming up against....’ yeah, yeah yeah, I’m running the latest version of the software’ when in actual fact it seems they aren’t! Many thanks

This has become my lockdown project...I’m determined to make it work.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 09:13 AM   #186
Baron G15
Private
Rep

Quote:

No idea what the Fa reference is. new one on me as the FA doesnt activate features, it just determines how the car is coded either during VO coding or during an i-step upgrade. If you FDL code the right settings its irrelevant what's in the FA.
Please ignore that part....I meant to delete it.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 09:33 AM   #187
Trojanlaw
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Welcome

You are correct.
      01-16-2021, 09:48 AM   #188
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Alas...everyone’s a warrior till the first day of battle.

They had indeed claimed they’d coded it on their car (US coder) however, just because you see the traffic light image in the instrument cluster, it doesn’t mean that it’s been coded correctly....and then when I started seeing error messages that’s when they then confirmed they’d received the same one. Oh well, car is safely back to pre TLA configuration so, other than a bit of time/money wasted, no harm.

I’ve gone back to the original coder who’s now invested in the switch to ESYSX and will work through it with him. Do you have the minimum versions of the software as this is definitely one of the problems I’m coming up against....’ yeah, yeah yeah, I’m running the latest version of the software’ when in actual fact it seems they aren’t! Many thanks

This has become my lockdown project...I’m determined to make it work.
I can only vouch for the esysx version I'm using. In theory all later versions should work, but one forum member has reported an issue with the latest (08/11/20?) version.

I have psdzdata 4.27.20, esys 3.35.3, esysx64 2.3.1.5, i-step 11/2020.42

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 11:09 AM   #189
Baron G15
Private
Rep

Quote:
I can only vouch for the esysx version I'm using. In theory all later versions should work, but one forum member has reported an issue with the latest (08/11/20?) version.

I have psdzdata 4.27.20, esys 3.35.3, esysx64 2.3.1.5, i-step 11/2020.42

Good luck
As always, thank you for your support.....
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 12:29 PM   #190
Freelancer withour work
Enlisted Member
South Korea
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 320i M Sport

I tested
EM_ElectronicHorizon_MostProbablePathBending
kParameterSet01 & disable.

this code is about Adjust to route.

disable is only working use to navigation guide route.
kParameterSet01 is not need navigation guide then working everyroad working.

Set02 and Set03 is not tested.
2020 ~ BMW G20 320i
Appreciate 1
ifr1196.50
      01-20-2021, 05:33 PM   #191
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akakingj View Post
I tested
EM_ElectronicHorizon_MostProbablePathBending
kParameterSet01 & disable.

this code is about Adjust to route.

disable is only working use to navigation guide route.
kParameterSet01 is not need navigation guide then working everyroad working.

Set02 and Set03 is not tested.
I didn't throughly test this one.

Do you think it's coding that activates the ability to slow the vehicle for junctions, exits, etc by using the indicators, even if the nav is not running?

I've noticed that and it means I don't need to use bmw nav to get full assisted driving, which is a bonus as it's pants. Welcome back CarPlay navigation

It also slows well for tighter bends, but I wasn't sure if that was the coding or istep upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 07:19 PM   #192
Baron G15
Private
Rep

Quote:
I didn't throughly test this one.

Do you think it's coding that activates the ability to slow the vehicle for junctions, exits, etc by using the indicators, even if the nav is not running?

I've noticed that and it means I don't need to use bmw nav to get full assisted driving, which is a bonus as it's pants. Welcome back CarPlay navigation

It also slows well for tighter bends, but I wasn't sure if that was the coding or istep upgrade.
Finally, something I can help you with IFR
I had the two parameters coded for probable path bending

SAS3/42C1 EM_ElectronicHorizon_MostProbablePathBending kParameterSet01 [01]
3D14 EM_ElectronicHorizon_MostProbablePathBending

I can confirm that when assisted driving was switched on but NO active navigation...when I turned on the indicator to make a right turn the vehicle slowed to the point of the turn....I assumed that it was reading gps info (I don’t know if it would still access the gps data if your using car play).

It’s definitely coding because it only started after my coding session last week
Appreciate 2
ifr1196.50
      01-21-2021, 02:27 AM   #193
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Finally, something I can help you with IFR
I had the two parameters coded for probable path bending

SAS3/42C1 EM_ElectronicHorizon_MostProbablePathBending kParameterSet01 [01]
3D14 EM_ElectronicHorizon_MostProbablePathBending

I can confirm that when assisted driving was switched on but NO active navigation...when I turned on the indicator to make a right turn the vehicle slowed to the point of the turn....I assumed that it was reading gps info (I don’t know if it would still access the gps data if your using car play).

It’s definitely coding because it only started after my coding session last week
Ha Ha, thanks for the assist

It's actually a really good feature:
- Allows adapt to route without nav
- You can have your cake and eat it, getting all the idrive nav adaptive driving features AND use google maps etc
- It encourages us BMW drivers to use our indicators more

I'll get the spreadsheet updated - are we sure that it's the *MostProbablePathBending, and not the EM_ADASIntegration* or a combination of both?
Appreciate 4
      01-21-2021, 12:30 PM   #194
Freelancer withour work
Enlisted Member
South Korea
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 320i M Sport

yes. EM_adaspdu set the aktiv,
I tried Set01 & disable on i-step 20-11-545.
but set02 and set03 didn't test.

and EM_ElectronicHorizon exist in KAFAS.
probably not coding, but I coded.

I guess TLA is not perfect work in South Korea.
South Korea Traffic Light shape is diffrent from EU.
2020 ~ BMW G20 320i
Appreciate 1
ifr1196.50
      01-21-2021, 04:56 PM   #195
Baron G15
Private
Rep

Quote:
Ha Ha, thanks for the assist

It's actually a really good feature:
- Allows adapt to route without nav
- You can have your cake and eat it, getting all the idrive nav adaptive driving features AND use google maps etc
- It encourages us BMW drivers to use our indicators more

I'll get the spreadsheet updated - are we sure that it's the *MostProbablePathBending, and not the EM_ADASIntegration* or a combination of both?
I’ll try it again tomorrow as I haven’t driven the car since I had all the parameters returned to pre-tla coding....however, these were the codes that were switched on (they were on your all my21 tab)...the ones in red were never activated because the coder couldn’t find them on my car.....

On another note, I think I’ll finally get tla on the car tomorrow....I finally found a coder that actually knows exactly what he’s doing.....he had a brief look the other day and found all the parameters from you sheet in my car within 5 minutes, and he fully understood all your comments about land masks etc....so fingers crossed, it’s within my grasp!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 04:40 AM   #196
Baron G15
Private
Rep

FINALLY!!! I now have Traffic light assistant working on the car

It only took four coders before I found someone who could actually do this!!! (he’d done quite a bit of coding discovery with Shawn Sheridan over on Bimmerfest...so I knew he had the requisite skills).

A huge thank you to IFR for the coding sheet, which not only gave me TLA but also, emergency lane formation, adjust distance acc to situation, probable path bending etc etc

I only had a chance to test the system very briefly as it started to snow (not a good environment to try out stopping at red lights). On the two sets of lights I tried, one required me to tap ‘set’ to accept the light, the other light was automatically accepted and the car came to a graceful, perfect stop.

Setting off didn’t work for me but, I think this is a traffic light issue, not a coding issue. On one set of lights I got ‘grey traffic lights’, I may have put my foot on the brake when I’d come to a stop (probably deactivated assisted driving function) on the other set of lights I got grey traffic lights with a red X at the bottom (IFR, have you seen this symbol before).

Does the traffic light icon show red, amber and green, or just red and green....also, do you have drive off reminder set to early, normal or late?

To drive off, do you just tap the accelerator or push the set button on the steering wheel.
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 04:50 AM   #197
Baron G15
Private
Rep

Quote:
I’ll try it again tomorrow as I haven’t driven the car since I had all the parameters returned to pre-tla coding....however, these were the codes that were switched on (they were on your all my21 tab)...the ones in red were never activated because the coder couldn’t find them on my car.....

On another note, I think I’ll finally get tla on the car tomorrow....I finally found a coder that actually knows exactly what he’s doing.....he had a brief look the other day and found all the parameters from you sheet in my car within 5 minutes, and he fully understood all your comments about land masks etc....so fingers crossed, it’s within my grasp!
I did a little bit more testing on this, and the car must be utilizing GPS data to slow down for turn offs. When I put on the indicator for the upcoming turn off the car slowed down perfectly....to the point that I didn’t need to use any brake or gas to make a left hand turn...however when I indicated to turn into my drive (not marked on the nav’s map) the car drove right by and didn’t slow down.

I’m seriously impressed by the advances BMW has made to its assisted driving capabilities over the last 12 months....my car is exponentially better than when I first picked it up.....
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2021, 09:38 AM   #198
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Setting off didn't work for me but, I think this is a traffic light issue, not a coding issue. On one set of lights I got 'grey traffic lights', I may have put my foot on the brake when I'd come to a stop (probably deactivated assisted driving function) on the other set of lights I got grey traffic lights with a red X at the bottom (IFR, have you seen this symbol before).

Does the traffic light icon show red, amber and green, or just red and green....also, do you have drive off reminder set to early, normal or late?

To drive off, do you just tap the accelerator or push the set button on the steering wheel.
Finally, and you're welcome !!!

It doesn't start on Green by design- that would be really dangerous, so at most it will give you an audible warning and flash a green light if you aren't looking forward when the light changes.

It will shown green, amber, red as you approach a changing light. I have the reminder set to early.

The red cross through the lights means its seen and recognised the light, but is ignoring for whatever reason e.g. too close to stop.

Quote:
I did a little bit more testing on this, and the car must be utilizing GPS data to slow down for turn offs. When I put on the indicator for the upcoming turn off the car slowed down perfectly....to the point that I didn't need to use any brake or gas to make a left hand turn...however when I indicated to turn into my drive (not marked on the nav's map) the car drove right by and didn't slow down.

I'm seriously impressed by the advances BMW has made to its assisted driving capabilities over the last 12 months....my car is exponentially better than when I first picked it up.....
Yes it's a great semi-autonomous driving system. Probably the best on the market outside of Tesla's FSD beta. It's just a shame that only future model owners will get to experience some of these features, and even then, a subset based on whatever legislation BMW interprets as allowed.

Only with coding can you get the full semi-autonomous driving experience that BMW offers.
Appreciate 2