VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_G0530d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
I have both and the enet cable is a lot faster at reading the ECUs vs the bluetooth adapters. If you plan on doing any coding above what Bimmercode app supports using E-sys I would get the enet cable with an adapter for your phone. For one, it's cheaper. Second, it's faster. Third, will allow you to VO or FDL code using E-sys later on if you choose to go down that path.
Is the eNET adapter you use for your phone an Ethernet to USB-C converter, assuming you're using an Android?
Yes but I have ethernet to lightning adapter since I'm on an iPhone.
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2020, 06:48 PM   #24
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

Quote:
Yes but I have ethernet to lightning adapter since I'm on an iPhone.
OK thnx.

From the Bimmercode site, under Android Adapters - it seems it doesn't support this setup for G series cars, only E-series cars.

Looks like I'm stuck with the OBDLinkMX++ Bluetooth adapter for now.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 04:47 AM   #25
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep

SWEET!!!! Got the car coded to automatically revert to Adaptive on startup, now that I'm using "Demo" mode..

And..... bonus feature:

Now I can lock my doors after starting my car in the morning to warm it up, without waking up the neighbors because the horn honks..... which was actually a question I posted in another thread.

Very successful day.

I'm very weary of switching to the M layout, because I keep hearing about people losing the X5M50i logo..... then switching back to the factory BMW layout.... and the logo is still missing.

Still waiting on firm clarification on that.

Otherwise.... quite happy with how this is going
6-Piston X5M Big Brake Kit:https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1779038
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 06:47 AM   #26
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninefourteener View Post
SWEET!!!! Got the car coded to automatically revert to Adaptive on startup, now that I'm using "Demo" mode..

And..... bonus feature:

Now I can lock my doors after starting my car in the morning to warm it up, without waking up the neighbors because the horn honks..... which was actually a question I posted in another thread.

Very successful day.

I'm very weary of switching to the M layout, because I keep hearing about people losing the X5M50i logo..... then switching back to the factory BMW layout.... and the logo is still missing.

You do lose the M50i logo with M Layout. When I switched it back it didn't come back automatically. I had to go into expert mode and manually switch the logo back to M50i.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 01:09 PM   #27
bhe
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 45e

Quote:
Is the eNET adapter you use for your phone an Ethernet to USB-C converter, assuming you're using an Android?
I have a belkin usb-c ethernet adapter. when I plug it in my S10 I see an icon it has an ethernet connection.
Didn't use it yet with my e-sys cable I have from my older car because I didn't buy bimmercode app yet. No reason for the moment. I did use the cable with a laptop to disable start stop on a F11. But kind of idiot doing that on a 45e
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 01:37 PM   #28
Mikli
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G05F36F16F82E90E86E46E36E30

OBDLinkMX+ are hard to buy in Canada. Price too high! LOL
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 01:47 PM   #29
jpichardo91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3Cx / 2020 BMW x5 M50i

Quote:

And..... bonus feature:

Very successful day.

NineFourteener, are you using android or iOS? and are you a beta tester?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 04:59 PM   #30
Ninefourteener
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpichardo91 View Post
NineFourteener, are you using android or iOS? and are you a beta tester?
Android..... and yes, as of this morning I'm on Beta, which is how I was able to accomplish what I did.

Definitely worth the extra effort
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 05:39 PM   #31
jpichardo91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3Cx / 2020 BMW x5 M50i

Thanks Nine,

I am on iPhone and have emailed the developer for beta access.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 08:04 PM   #32
MaCaY
X5 M50i
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

And..... bonus feature:

Very successful day.

You do lose the M50i logo with M Layout. When I switched it back it didn't come back automatically. I had to go into expert mode and manually switch the logo back to M50i.
Are you talking ab M logo at startup. I did that and still have M50i on my cluster.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 08:08 PM   #33
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCaY View Post
Quote:
Quote:

And..... bonus feature:

Very successful day.

Are you talking ab M logo at startup. I did that and still have M50i on my cluster.
No that's different. We're talking about changing the gauge cluster layout from standard to M Performance or Alpina. When you do that you have to also change the logo in the center of the cluster. Not all logos will work with all the clusters. For the M Performance layout, the M50i logo doesn't work.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 12:01 PM   #34
Wtfitzvi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
Is the coding on the new G series linked to driver profiles?

I coded my wife's car to enable video in lotion and M start up logo and everything works fine.

Whenever I'm using the guest profile instead of hers none of the features I coded works. When we switch to her profile the VIM works immediately.

I was under the impression when the vehicle is coded it should be the same across all driver profiles.
      03-06-2020, 01:59 PM   #35
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtfitzvi View Post

I coded my wife's car to enable video in lotion and M start up logo and everything works fine.

Whenever I'm using the guest profile instead of hers none of the features I coded works. When we switch to her profile the VIM works immediately.

I was under the impression when the vehicle is coded it should be the same across all driver profiles.
That's odd - definitely shouldn't be specific to driver profiles. Do you have a profile setup? It could be something unique to the "guest" profile.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 02:08 PM   #36
Wtfitzvi
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

That's odd - definitely shouldn't be specific to driver profiles. Do you have a profile setup? It could be something unique to the "guest" profile.
The other profile is set up for her. It's linked to the connected drive app so it pulls the info from there.

I'm going to try and code the guest profile when my new reader and cable comes in. I'll plug the reader in first to see if the m start up and VIM is active before I code. If it's not active then the coding must be linked to specific profiles.
      03-06-2020, 02:10 PM   #37
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
The other profile is set up for her. It's linked to the connected drive app so it pulls the info from there.

I'm going to try and code the guest profile when my new reader and cable comes in. I'll plug the reader in first to see if the m start up and VIM is active before I code. If it's not active then the coding must be linked to specific profiles.
Why not create a profile for yourself?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 02:12 PM   #38
Wtfitzvi
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Because it's my profile lol. She's using my connected drive profile. She's doesn't want to make her own log in for the app so she uses mine and it displays all of our cars with my log in.
      03-06-2020, 04:51 PM   #39
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Because it's my profile lol. She's using my connected drive profile. She's doesn't want to make her own log in for the app so she uses mine and it displays all of our cars with my log in.
The coding for ViM should apply to the car, but you might need to deactivate the speedlock again for the additional profile using the speedlock hidden menu?
Appreciate 1
LexxM31697.50
      03-08-2020, 05:15 AM   #40
AshD
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX 40 2022

Qq re adapter. I've got obdlink Mx that I got years ago. What is the difference between that and the MX +? Also as a complete novice do I need to get the full version of BimmerCode?

Looking to enable :

Remote start
Adaptive driving view - I think that is what it's called Where the camera will show other cars on the screen
Default to adaptive drive mode

Also is it possible to backup the whole current baseline config before I make any changes

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 07:40 AM   #41
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshD View Post
Qq re adapter. I've got obdlink Mx that I got years ago. What is the difference between that and the MX +? Also as a complete novice do I need to get the full version of BimmerCode?

Looking to enable :

Remote start
Adaptive driving view - I think that is what it's called Where the camera will show other cars on the screen

Also is it possible to backup the whole current baseline config before I make any changes

Thanks
You will need the full version of bimmercode. The free version is just a demo. It doesn't actually allow you to code anything.

You can code ASS and adaptive Drive view (search forum for how), but won't be able to code Adaptive mode yet.

Can't really tell you the difference between adapters. I would strongly encourage using whatever the developer recommends.
Appreciate 1
AshD98.50
      03-08-2020, 09:18 AM   #42
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

Quote:

Looking to enable :

Remote start

Thanks
Are you on iPhone or Android phone?

If you're on an Android, you can definitely code Assisted Driving View (ADV) and default your driving mode to "Adaptive".

Enabling ADV requires you to go into "Expert mode" and change around 4 x parameters individually. Its not supported from the standard/base User Interface. I posted the instructions on how to do this on page 1 of this Thread - so check it out.

Driving mode default can be modified from the standard menu.

You definitely can't do Remote Start, that's more advanced because it needs your local Connected Drive system in the UK to support it via your Connected Drive App on your phone. For us in Australia, this is not available (yet...).

Also I notice you are in the U.K, what model do you have?

If you have a Diesel/30d, I've worked out how to enable Sports Plus driving mode, which is a little more aggressive over plain Sports mode which is the standard from the factory. Let me know and I can send you the instructions on how to code that.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 02:21 PM   #43
AshD
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX 40 2022

Quote:
Quote:

Looking to enable :

Remote start

Thanks
Are you on iPhone or Android phone?

If you're on an Android, you can definitely code Assisted Driving View (ADV) and default your driving mode to "Adaptive".

Enabling ADV requires you to go into "Expert mode" and change around 4 x parameters individually. Its not supported from the standard/base User Interface. I posted the instructions on how to do this on page 1 of this Thread - so check it out.

Driving mode default can be modified from the standard menu.

You definitely can't do Remote Start, that's more advanced because it needs your local Connected Drive system in the UK to support it via your Connected Drive App on your phone. For us in Australia, this is not available (yet...).

Also I notice you are in the U.K, what model do you have?

If you have a Diesel/30d, I've worked out how to enable Sports Plus driving mode, which is a little more aggressive over plain Sports mode which is the standard from the factory. Let me know and I can send you the instructions on how to code that.
Thank you! Yes in the UK. I've got the 30d - got various options including the full camera view.

Keen to get the adaptive mode by default and the assisted driving view. Shame I can't get remote start.

I have got the Mx adapter but not the Mx+ so wondering g if that would do the job. Also will be getting bimmercode on iOS.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2020, 04:28 PM   #44
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
That's not the full story for Remote Start.

You can't use bimmercode due to a lack of ECU support on some of the modules that need coding, but it is possible to code Remote Start using esys.

The main issue is the need for an FSC code which can only be obtained via the BMW network. There are 3rd parties that are able to acquire these codes but the car needs to be technically ready for it. Unfortunately, based on mine and others experiences, the diesel G05's don't seem to support 1CR and associated FSC.

The system doesn't depend entirely on CD app support. I've been able to trigger the Remote Start process in the UK using the CD app, keyfob, display key, and even my apple watch. It doesn't start the engine though - it generates an error in idrive and flashes the blinkers 3 times, clicks and whirs like its about to start the engine but fails at the last second.

Those with a petrol G05 and access to the FSC should be able to retrofit remote start in any region.
Appreciate 1
AshD98.50