03-14-2020, 08:03 AM   #89
spazzyfry123
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Here and There

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
Whose in the clear??? The entire Nation is a Deceleration of Emergency! I am not about to wait until the last damn second to stock up on essentials that may in fact run a shortage sooner than later.
Also, you forgot to BOLD the last sentence from that post: Before Sellers start "Price Gauging". Which is already happening or it has been wiped out from local stores and eStores too. I have a family of 5 by the way. Better to have than Need rather Need and not have.

Attached Images

Appreciate 1
miiipilot519.00
      03-14-2020, 09:53 AM   #90
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Smile However!

Quote:
A "professional" bath tissue?!! I thought ass wiping was an all amateur thing.
Appreciate 2
      03-14-2020, 10:08 AM   #91
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Wait, what?? A few hundred rolls when you’re already in the clear? I don’t get it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckle View Post
Yea me either, we have 48 mega rolls of cottonelle plus what is already in the bathrooms X5. Only reason we have 48 is because I bought a pack and so did my wife on the same day. Otherwise we would have 24. People need to stop hoarding. I would love to have 3 bottles of hand sanitizer but all the selfish fucks have bought it all up. Ridiculous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dog View Post
So some folks can't afford to stockpile, and may not even have the space if they could afford it.....Seriously, you are part of the problem.
Clearly the crisis is affecting everyone's thinking. 70+ posts before someone pointed out the irony of OP reporting he bought hundreds of rolls of TP in a thread he started to highlight shortages of household goods.

Also, it is price gouging, not gauging, and there has been / continues to be plenty of price gouging going on by third party sellers on Amazon this week. Check prices before placing orders.
Salty Dog3572.50
ASAP10049.50
hellrotm4142.50
      03-14-2020, 10:46 AM   #92
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
Corona virus or not, this is the only way to shop Walmart!!
There is another way to shop Wal-Mart......DON'T !!!

The bottled water supply shortage is personally hurting me. We don't have potable well water, so all of our cooking/drinking water is bottled. No panic though, since I can always take a few empty jugs to my closed office at work and fill up from the municipal tap in the break room sink if we run out and can't get more.

We have a friend who went crazy and hoarded ramen noodles and large Spaghetti-O's cans to survive COVID-geddon (term that I coined). After two days, they are already sick of their poor food choices.....
      03-14-2020, 11:00 AM   #93
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
There is another way to shop Wal-Mart......DON'T !!!

The bottled water supply shortage is personally hurting me. We don't have potable well water, so all of our cooking/drinking water is bottled. No panic though, since I can always take a few empty jugs to my closed office at work and fill up from the municipal tap in the break room sink if we run out and can't get more.

We have a friend who went crazy and hoarded ramen noodles and large Spaghetti-O's cans to survive COVID-geddon (term that I coined). After two days, they are already sick of their poor food choices.....
It's gotta be KD, I could eat that shit for days as long as I didn't run out of ketchup.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 11:51 AM   #94
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
I just returned from the local Safeway I normally shop at. Arrived 8:30 AM on a Saturday. Store was busy for that time of day (but not massively so) and checkout was 3 deep instead of none deep as usual.

Most items were plentiful and many were being restocked as we shopped. There were only a few items limited or gone including:

Eggs - don't know what people are thinking. Are the hens going to stop laying?

Potatoes - erm. There were some but bulk spuds were gone. Gonna be fun if this blows over and people discover potatoes sprout in the dark.

Butter - wife said all gone. Which I don't care about since my wife has been hoarding butter since 1985.

Milk - many choices gone.

paper products - wow clean shelves. Chance for Safeway to get in there and do a clean up.

I confess, I did buy some stuff I probably wouldn't have normally. Like 10 cans of chili and soups.

Funny watching people shop with unusual thought processes. I also admit - an extra case of beer. Hey, my job to put a cooler out back for the guys playing golf to grab one every Saturday. Come up short I might be a pariah.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3572.50
      03-14-2020, 12:47 PM   #95
dmatre
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
I just returned from the local Safeway I normally shop at. Arrived 8:30 AM on a Saturday. Store was busy for that time of day (but not massively so) and checkout was 3 deep instead of none deep as usual.

Most items were plentiful and many were being restocked as we shopped. There were only a few items limited or gone including:

Eggs - don't know what people are thinking. Are the hens going to stop laying?

Potatoes - erm. There were some but bulk spuds were gone. Gonna be fun if this blows over and people discover potatoes sprout in the dark.

Butter - wife said all gone. Which I don't care about since my wife has been hoarding butter since 1985.

Milk - many choices gone.

paper products - wow clean shelves. Chance for Safeway to get in there and do a clean up.

I confess, I did buy some stuff I probably wouldn't have normally. Like 10 cans of chili and soups.

Funny watching people shop with unusual thought processes. I also admit - an extra case of beer. Hey, my job to put a cooler out back for the guys playing golf to grab one every Saturday. Come up short I might be a pariah.
Same on the Right Coast:

Eggs - gone
TP - wiped out
Milk - no gallon jugs left, still 1/2 gallons available

Everything else (including Tylenol,Advil, etc) still in abundant supply.

We did stop by the liquor store after grocery shopping, and thank god they still had plenty of stock of 'disinfectant' on the shelves.

Stay safe out there.
Appreciate 2
Salty Dog3572.50
jamesinaz1627.00
      03-14-2020, 12:50 PM   #96
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatre View Post
Same on the Right Coast:

Eggs - gone
TP - wiped out

We did stop by the liquor store after grocery shopping, and thank god they still had plenty of stock of 'disinfectant' on the shelves.

Stay safe out there.
You should buy bags of milk and then you can keep a supply frozen. Canada eh.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614883.50
      03-14-2020, 12:56 PM   #97
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmatre View Post
Same on the Right Coast:

Eggs - gone
TP - wiped out

Stay safe out there.
I hope your disinfectant is 90 proof.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 01:59 PM   #98
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
You should buy bags of milk and then you can keep a supply frozen. Canada eh.
In Europe, our milk has an unrefrigerated shelf life of a few months. Certainly would have come in handy in the US now.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3572.50
      03-14-2020, 02:06 PM   #99
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

In-laws have dairy cows. No expiration date.
However I don't drink milk.
      03-14-2020, 02:49 PM   #100
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Here in the Hudson Valley/Catskills of NY State, both nearby grocery stores are 100% out of water, paper products, meats, and other staples. One store's dairy section was wiped out, and the other one still had a few stray gallons of milk. The dollar stores are also wiped out. The one grocery store that is open 24/7 has announced that they are closing from 10 PM - 6 AM every night now, so that the workers can focus on refilling the shelves from whatever trucks come in with new merchandise.

As I am writing this, our elderly neighbor a few doors down called my DW and asked if we had any paper towels to spare because she was just out at the store and shocked to see that the shelves were bare. DW is bringing down two rolls to her now.

The one place that still has ample merchandise is the local beef farmer's store. We buy as much of our meats as possible straight from the farmers, but I guess most people are discouraged by the higher price and cash-only business for the good beef.....
      03-14-2020, 02:51 PM   #101
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Went to my local Publix today... they seemed to be pretty well stocked, the only things that I saw completely out were cleaning supplies, toilet paper and of course chicken.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 04:05 PM   #102
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
A "professional" bath tissue?!! I thought ass wiping was an all amateur thing.
I couldn't find our preferred brand of: Quilted Northern or Charmin. So I opted to get at least a brand I've heard of. Turns out, these are pretty on par.
Just came from the store and I'm still glad I ordered these before this epic shortage! TP is literally non existent anywhere near me. So my purchase is prudent planning far as I'm concerned.
Basically my wife and I went today for meats, dry goods, and snacks. Fortunately meat, eggs, milk appeared to be abundant. Except for bread. I've been considering a bread maker...
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 04:19 PM   #103
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I couldn't find our preferred brand of: Quilted Northern or Charmin. So I opted to get at least a brand I've heard of. Turns out, these are pretty on par.
Just came from the store and I'm still glad I ordered these before this epic shortage! TP is literally non existent anywhere near me. So my purchase is prudent planning far as I'm concerned.
Basically my wife and I went today for meats, dry goods, and snacks. Fortunately meat, eggs, milk appeared to be abundant. Except for bread. I've been considering a bread maker...
You clearly have enough toilet paper that you'll be able to share with the less fortunate.
Appreciate 1
rebekahb3128.50
      03-14-2020, 04:35 PM   #104
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Went to my local Publix today... they seemed to be pretty well stocked, the only things that I saw completely out were cleaning supplies, toilet paper and of course chicken.
If you can stomach the pricing and shipping cost, there is some good chicken here:

https://joyce-farms.com/

Most places you can order steak also sell chicken too.
ASAP10049.50
      03-14-2020, 04:41 PM   #105
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
This is one of those times when living in a small town really helps. First, we'll be the last to get the virus, and second, there is literally more product to be purchased than people to purchase it, so we had no problem getting whatever we needed earlier today.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3572.50
      03-14-2020, 04:45 PM   #106
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
This is one of those times when living in a small town really helps. First, we'll be the last to get the virus, and second, there is literally more product to be purchased than people to purchase it, so we had no problem getting whatever we needed earlier today.
Exactly, I have a small local grocery store that is literally 200 yards from my house where I get 80% of my groceries, 5 minutes up the road is a bigger store and 20 minutes to Costco. If the water goes for a shit, I'm 100 yards from Lake Ontario, I can haul water and boil it.....and I have a few thousand rounds in case things get real. And now, back to he rum.
Appreciate 1
VisualEcho6625.50
      03-14-2020, 04:51 PM   #107
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Exactly, I have a small local grocery store that is literally 200 yards from my house where I get 80% of my groceries, 5 minutes up the road is a bigger store and 20 minutes to Costco. If the water goes for a shit, I'm 100 yards from Lake Ontario, I can haul water and boil it.....and I have a few thousand rounds in case things get real. And now, back to he rum.
I hate to admit this, but my father-in-law has been having some health problems and is somewhat of a hoarder, so while he's staying with his brother my wife is cleaning his home. And in that process, she collected all of his guns and ammo, at my request, and brought them all here. I have a few guns, but he has a significant amount. It's not just for protection, but while he's away, if shit does hit the fan, I can see people breaking into his home and stealing those things first.

Hard to believe that it has come to that in my mind, even in a small town. I hope it doesn't, but I like to be prepared.
Appreciate 2
Salty Dog3572.50
Nuckle2186.00
      03-14-2020, 04:56 PM   #108
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Walmart was wiped out of milk, eggs, meats, water, toilet paper, pasta and several other things today.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 04:57 PM   #109
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
I hate to admit this, but my father-in-law has been having some health problems and is somewhat of a hoarder, so while he's staying with his brother my wife is cleaning his home. And in that process, she collected all of his guns and ammo, at my request, and brought them all here. I have a few guns, but he has a significant amount. It's not just for protection, but while he's away, if shit does hit the fan, I can see people breaking into his home and stealing those things first.

Hard to believe that it has come to that in my mind, even in a small town. I hope it doesn't, but I like to be prepared.
There is no need for it to come to that. This isn't the Zombie Apocalypse, people are losing their shit, but not the people you need to worry about. The fools hoarding toilet paper aren't the threat.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 05:00 PM   #110
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
There is no need for it to come to that. This isn't the Zombie Apocalypse, people are losing their shit, but not the people you need to worry about. The fools hoarding toilet paper aren't the threat.
We were also lucky that we have stores of TP already (my mother retired from P&G and insists on giving us some of her yearly allotment, and we don't use it so if she ever needs it in the future), and I'm a germaphobe, so I have plenty of hand sanitizer. For us, it's business as usual so far, other than the additional guns to keep them from being stolen.
Appreciate 1
Salty Dog3572.50