BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-14-2020, 09:02 PM   #1
PhilH930
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

PCD Delivery Experience - 3/12

After ordering the car late Dec, our PCD was completed Thu 3/12. Simply put, the entire experience is first class and one we shall always remember.

Before the day, communication was simple, organized and thorough. When we landed things quickly elevated. The hotel sent transportation, and we were picked up immediately in an immaculate white X5 luxury line. The driver who picked us up was polite and knowledgeable, briefing us on activities ahead, only increasing the anticipation. Check-in was a breeze, room immaculate, and the restaurant made sure we were fed despite our late arrival at 10:15pm. Everyone at the hotel was well aware we were there with the BMW delivery program, smiled, and made it part of the experience. We’ve been lucky to stay at some amazing hotels around the world, but service makes a difference, and the Marriott team excelled.

Thu rolled around and we started our journey to PCD. If you’re thinking of doing this, just stop thinking and do it. We were treated like royalty the entire day, and the team continued to stress this day is for you. When we arrived, we got a glimpse of our car in the delivery bay, but first of all we were off to the track activities. After briefing, we were straight out onto the track for the skid pan, braking, track time and the M5 comp hot lap. The hot lap stands out – talk about car control! But what was really enjoyable was doing the majority of the activities in a car of your spec. Never do you drive them like that on the road. My final am activity was a small track, navigating corners, slaloms and braking zones lap after lap. Its amazing how much these cars can do, and hearing the tires squeal on the X5 M50i was awesome. Can’t say I’ll do that with my own car! We’ve also been to the Porsche Experience Center a few times, but this experience has me wanting to come back for the M driving school. It feels more hands on and pure, if that makes sense.

Following the track time was our delivery. This took ~one hour, mainly because of me checking everything out! The team member helping us was tremendous. He had a great way of reading the situation and customer, and in this case, he knew to let me play around and step in when I had a question. Anything was handled immediately, and again, the experience was all about what we wanted with no pressure on time. No detail was omitted, and following a quick trip to the shop, we fired up the V8 with ear to ear smiles, and pulled the car to the front of the facility.

Lunch was well catered, and the chef was personable and immediately catered to dietary restrictions. After lunch we completed the off-road activities which demonstrated a whole other personality to the car. We then stopped by the car club and Zentrum – both are a must and add to the experience. After an adrenalin packed day, we hit the road ~3:30pm for the 150 mile journey back home.

Besides the track time, off-road time, museum, car club, and shop, the one thing that stands out to me is just how much the team at PCD enjoys their jobs. It really shows and enhanced the experience. I don’t want to mention names, but the entire team was outstanding. Special thanks to our driving instructors, especially one who scared the life out of us and had us laughing the entire time, and the delivery manager. Just an epic day.
Attached Images

Auricom4349.50
atl_1M1520.00
      03-16-2020, 11:57 AM   #2
BMW Lunatic
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M8 Convertible

Congrats Phil !

We need more pictures of this beauty.

Enjoy in good health.