BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-14-2023, 05:34 PM   #1
Kukushka
Kima
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Test drove x5 2024 lci

Today I test drove new x5 and decided to leave a feedback for you guys. I currently have 2020 X5 M50 loaded and I love it. I asked you previously for your advice on whether to get merino or sensafin on the new car and thank you guys I got a lot of responces and advices and you guys were right. Its vert hard to downgrade, I didnt like neither quality nor smell of sensafin, it does look and feel much better than dakota but not near comfortable as merino leather that I have so downgrading not and optioin at least for me especially since I counted it comes out to be roughly $23 a month on 10.36 lease. The new I drive 8 with big screen I didnt like either because because of it all button disspeared and you have to go thru few touches thru screen to get to ac, music , menu and etc. The car drives good for 6 cyl engine but still very hard to compare to my v8 because 4.4 v8 thats a totally different story. I would love to get M60 but the price biting. 40i is pricey comparing to what it was even if you do 7-8% off which I already found but this is the times we live in. Looking at others car as an option M550 2023 and x3m even though its smaller but for now thinking which way to go I have till June plus 2 month extension. I wish to find smth that relatively fast and that that expexpensive, hopefully something come uo in next coupe of months.

Last edited by Kukushka; 04-15-2023 at 01:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2023, 05:55 PM   #2
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Good luck on your search. Nappa leather was never offered on the G05, the leathers offered in 2020 were Vernasca and Merino.
mobilejo1114.50
      04-15-2023, 01:15 AM   #3
Kukushka
Kima
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Edited(thank you). Made a mistake
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 07:08 AM   #4
mobilejo
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G06 X6 40i

Yeah I've got to say the pricing on the LCI hurts alot coming from a 2020 myself with everything that I personally wanted spec wise.

To get some of the options I have on my 2020 means getting a package with stuff that I don't want (I'm in the UK). It means a close-as-I-can equivalent X6 40i is £90k because I have to add in full packages. Mine was £71.5k (discounted to £63k). I can't justify £18.5k price difference for a new front end (which I do like) and a new interior (which I am not totally sold on).

I know February 2020 when I got mine was literally a different world for car prices, but it just means my car feels like an absolute bargain when I factor in the low price and low interest rate (relative to today's rates). I'm gonna end up buying it out at the end of my PCP next year and keeping it for some time it seems.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 08:27 AM   #5
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukushka View Post
Today I test drove new x5 and decided to leave a feedback for you guys. I currently have 2020 X5 M50 loaded and I love it. I asked you previously for your advice on whether to get merino or sensafin on the new car and thank you guys I got a lot of responces and advices and you guys were right. Its vert hard to downgrade, I didnt like neither quality nor smell of sensafin, it does look and feel much better than dakota but not near comfortable as merino leather that I have so downgrading not and optioin at least for me especially since I counted it comes out to be roughly $23 a month on 10.36 lease. The new I drive 8 with big screen I didnt like either because because of it all button disspeared and you have to go thru few touches thru screen to get to ac, music , menu and etc. The car drives good for 6 cyl engine but still very hard to compare to my v8 because 4.4 v8 thats a totally different story. I would love to get M60 but the price biting. 40i is pricey comparing to what it was even if you do 7-8% off which I already found but this is the times we live in. Looking at others car as an option M550 2023 and x3m even though its smaller but for now thinking which way to go I have till June plus 2 month extension. I wish to find smth that relatively fast and that that expexpensive, hopefully something come uo in next coupe of months.
If you have vented Merino seats, the seating surface both bottom and back are Vernasca - FWIW. The Merino smell is from the side bolsters. I think with ID 8, the initial reaction is negative - similar to how many Blackberry users felt about the iPhone. I can say, in my experience, after a few months with the iX, the ID 8 touchscreen is actually great. Of course, if one doesn’t like the more clean/minimalist open interior vs the more cosy design of the pre LCI it’s a personal preference.

The price increase does hurt. But the LCI M60i looks like a great upgrade for an LCI. JMHO. I haven’t sat in one yet, but I am assuming it will be more like my wife iX than the pre LCI X5 from a UX perspective - which I actually prefer over ID7 now. I also don’t tend to adjust settings all the time either….
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 09:16 AM   #6
Tehnoid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 m60i, X6Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCX5 View Post
If you have vented Merino seats, the seating surface both bottom and back are Vernasca - FWIW. The Merino smell is from the side bolsters.
Although that was the case previously, I think that has proven to be incorrect now. There's a lot of posts about this on the forum but I think the general consensus is they've gone to Merino throughout the whole seat now.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 10:04 AM   #7
puckybadger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X6 M60i LCI TBII/Tartufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukushka View Post
If performance is important to you then the M60i will be your only option. You paid the premium, as I did, for your 2020 to get the V8 and as they say there's no replacement for displacement.
Appreciate 1
viperdoc364.00
      04-15-2023, 01:25 PM   #8
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehyox View Post
Although that was the case previously, I think that has proven to be incorrect now. There's a lot of posts about this on the forum but I think the general consensus is they've gone to Merino throughout the whole seat now.
Not proven at all. We have had folks with 23's say they their insert is different and Vernsaca. Personally I don't believe there has been any change.