BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-15-2024, 10:37 AM   #1
BoostedNYC
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC - Marina Bay Blue

Joining The F95 Team!

I’m proud to say I’m the new owner of a ‘21 X5MC in Marina Bay Blue 17k in the odometer. I have been shopping and searching for this color combo for a while and finally find one with under 20k miles and reasonably priced.

Bought the car from BMW of West Houston; currently setting up transportation to NYC.

I’ve been lurking through the forums recently and will definitely be modding the car. Looking at Lowering it and adding with spacers first then possibly a jb4 or race chip for extra hp.

Have you guys you ceramic coated the car and fully ppf? I’m in the fence with this.

I’ll take better pics once I have the car In Hand after a proper wash and detail.
Attached Images

AwesomeM31644.00
cmyx6go15767.00
LuckyBrand1329.00
      04-15-2024, 11:03 AM   #2
MADBMWX5MC
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

Well it looks great. Many of us have done the ceramic coating, a selected few have done full PPF. Most of us opt to do a full front, with other parts too like the A-pilars, etc. Look around the forums and you will see all kinds of options/opinions on both.
Appreciate 1
      04-16-2024, 02:03 AM   #3
ipayincash
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5Mc

Congrats welcome to the 600hp+ grocery getter club lol I would add some low dust brake pads to that list of mods unless you don't mind brake dust coated wheels and non stop squeaking lol I ceramic coated mine and just wish I would've done it sooner, really happy with it. If you do go the ppf + ceramic coat route def go with a reputable shop as there are nightmare stories of customers having to get it redone 6 months later cause ppf is yellowing or staining or peeling off due to not having been properly installed. Great car all around though, enjoy !
Appreciate 1
      04-16-2024, 10:03 AM   #4
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Congrats! You got the best color but i'm biased

I second just get some isweep or RBC Red pads for the car now. Cuts down on dust significantly and zero noise unlike the oem pads. Trust us on this one.

Why in the world does the dash look like its wet or oily? Makes me cringe if thats all armorall lol

Alan
      04-16-2024, 08:27 PM   #5
BoostedNYC
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 X5MC - Marina Bay Blue

Appreciate all for the kinds words.

I been reading on the many adjustable springs set ups and think I’m gonna go with the KW set. Please share you opinions.

As for the wet dash the service guys were wiping the interior down I had asked the same question lol going to take it for a proper detail when she arrives.

Definitely going to look at different pads for the truck. Any sponsors here have a link of some sort?
      04-16-2024, 08:55 PM   #6
fallen
Loving Life
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostedNYC View Post

I been reading on the many adjustable springs set ups and think I’m gonna go with the KW set. Please share you opinions.

As for the wet dash the service guys were wiping the interior down I had asked the same question lol going to take it for a proper detail when she arrives.

Definitely going to look at different pads for the truck. Any sponsors here have a link of some sort?
I recommend KW and have their HAS set installed since August last year. Also had KW HAS on a Mercedes E63 AMG for over eight years.
Definitely smoothes things out and removes wheel gaps
Appreciate 1
      04-17-2024, 08:14 AM   #7
TTTTTTT
Private
Rep
Drives: 22 BMW X5M Comp

Quote:

There are multiple good options for adjustable springs. I have had both the MSS and H&R versions. I prefer the H&R. I posted some feedback on both in this thread:

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2048544
Appreciate 2
      04-18-2024, 06:56 PM   #8
Chauncey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5M

Quote:
I’m proud to say I’m the new owner of a ‘21 X5MC in Marina Bay Blue 17k in the odometer. I have been shopping and searching for this color combo for a while and finally find one with under 20k miles and reasonably priced.

Bought the car from BMW of West Houston; currently setting up transportation to NYC.

I’ve been lurking through the forums recently and will definitely be modding the car. Looking at Lowering it and adding with spacers first then possibly a jb4 or race chip for extra hp.

Have you guys you ceramic coated the car and fully ppf? I’m in the fence with this.

I’ll take better pics once I have the car In Hand after a proper wash and detail.
Looks awesome, enjoy!
Appreciate 1
      04-19-2024, 04:30 PM   #9
voidtrance
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5M Comp

Quote:

Congrats!!! You'll love it.

But can we please stop calling it a "truck". It just isn't.
Appreciate 1