BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-06-2023, 01:49 PM   #45
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
i'm also a bony ass man, so i purchased a seat cushion for the long road trips. i find i can still utilize seat heating and ventilation (more for the back than the seat), so i actually use it every day now.

**can one get multicontour seats without massage/ventilation? the "infinite" adjustments alone are a great feature compared to the standard sport seats.

Last edited by nZtiZia; 05-06-2023 at 01:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2023, 01:51 PM   #46
Fahrfun
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
Yup, this was my experience as well. I use the massage and ventilation but dang, sitting in the seat on a trip makes my butt start complaining.
As a stop gap measure for the trip, I brought along a “purple” brand waffle gel cushion (I think it’s called “bony ass cushion” ironically. That helped a lot, except for sitting too high with the seat all the way at the bottom setting.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2023, 01:54 PM   #47
Fahrfun
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
i'm also a bony ass man, so i purchased a seat cushion for the long road trips. i find i can still utilize seat heating and ventilation (more for the back than the seat), so i actually use it every day now.

**can one get multicontour seats without massage/ventilation? the "infinite" adjustments are a great feature compared to the standard sport seats.
Others can confirm, but on the 45e, 50e, 40i (and late 50i pre M50i) that is/was possible. I regret not pulling the trigger on that X50i back then)
Appreciate 1
nZtiZia4754.00
      05-06-2023, 01:56 PM   #48
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrfun View Post
As a stop gap measure for the trip, I brought along a “purple” brand waffle gel cushion (I think it’s called “bony ass cushion” ironically. That helped a lot, except for sitting too high with the seat all the way at the bottom setting.
I have one of those gel cushions as well. Problem is I'm a bit on the short side and the cushion makes is a lot more difficult to get up into the car. So I tried to shove it under me once in the car instead, you need to be a contortionist though. I also found myself constantly shifting it around on trips, in the end I just gave up and tried not to concentrate on my butts complaints
Appreciate 1
1230vani660.00
      05-06-2023, 02:36 PM   #49
Fahrfun
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
I have one of those gel cushions as well. Problem is I'm a bit on the short side and the cushion makes is a lot more difficult to get up into the car. So I tried to shove it under me once in the car instead, you need to be a contortionist though. I also found myself constantly shifting it around on trips, in the end I just gave up and tried not to concentrate on my butts complaints
Yep

Really love the “self driving” mode with 10 seconds off the steering wheel to use both hands for the pillow adjustment act.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2023, 03:16 PM   #50
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahrfun View Post
Yep

Really love the “self driving” mode with 10 seconds off the steering wheel to use both hands for the pillow adjustment act.
I tell ya, that is one freak'n nice feature. I use it when its better to use two hands for something like removing my glasses to rub my eyes or take a few seconds to properly open a water bottle and take a drink, etc.
Appreciate 1
Fahrfun52.50