BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-16-2019, 07:27 PM   #1
motrcar
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: lexus 460, Mercedes sl500

X5 interior color choices

I am waiting to order a 2020 X5. I wanted to get the Canberra beige leather, but see that it is not available on the BMW website. My dealer told me a month ago that it appears to be a problem with BMW's supplier of that leather. If, so, I am a little surprised to find that BMW relies on different suppliers for different colors. An alternative, I guess, is the coffee. But on the BMW website, coffee looks very dark. How accurate is that? Also, does anyone know whether the Canberra beige leather will be back and if so when?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 07:47 PM   #2
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

The Canadian pricing guide shows that Canberra, Tartufo and Cognac will be available starting 4/20. I would assume that will also be the case for the US.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 07:47 PM   #3
sygazelle
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport, 2019 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by motrcar View Post
I am waiting to order a 2020 X5. I wanted to get the Canberra beige leather, but see that it is not available on the BMW website. My dealer told me a month ago that it appears to be a problem with BMW's supplier of that leather. If, so, I am a little surprised to find that BMW relies on different suppliers for different colors. An alternative, I guess, is the coffee. But on the BMW website, coffee looks very dark. How accurate is that? Also, does anyone know whether the Canberra beige leather will be back and if so when?

Check out Ivory Merino. It looks white in photos but it is not glaring. My son has a Tesla with white interior and side-by-side, the Ivory looks almost a very light beige. If you don't want to go dark, all I'm saying is Ivory is an option. Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 08:18 PM   #4
Slimshady
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 (F15) X5 (G06 -on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motrcar View Post
I've seen Coffee in person. I was pleasantly surprised that it's a lot lighter and warmer than what's shown on the configurator. I have Mocha in my F15 and am getting Coffee in the 2020 vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 12:38 AM   #5
perikifi
Private First Class
Finland
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 45e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimshady View Post
I've seen Coffee in person. I was pleasantly surprised that it's a lot lighter and warmer than what's shown on the configurator. I have Mocha in my F15 and am getting Coffee in the 2020 vehicle.
I agree, Coffee is much lighter than in BMW material and not a dark brown at all, so I ended up chosing it.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 02:31 AM   #6
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by perikifi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimshady View Post
I agree, Coffee is much lighter than in BMW material and not a dark brown at all, so I ended up chosing it.
I was also pleasantly surprised with coffee 😀
I choose Merino coffee with the fineline stripe brown.
I saw that configuration in different videos and pictures and I like it. It's nothing like the configurator shows, that's totally unrealistic.
Appreciate 1
perikifi165.50