BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-15-2020, 07:24 PM   #1
bbr1
Rep
Drives: '20 X540i MSp; '13 535i/6 MSp

Switch from Financing to Lease (before pickup)

All,

I opted for Financing my X5 when I placed the order last month. Now I'm leaning towards Leasing instead (picking up this weekend). My dealer is insisting that if I choose to Lease, they can only offer January's less attractive lease-deal. I would obviously prefer to Lease under December's more attractive terms.

Has anyone else switched their deal in this manner? Any suggestions?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 07:30 PM   #2
bluzbra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M550i / '20 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbr1 View Post
All,

I opted for Financing my X5 when I placed the order last month. Now I'm leaning towards Leasing instead (picking up this weekend). My dealer is insisting that if I choose to Lease, they can only offer January's less attractive lease-deal. I would obviously prefer to Lease under December's more attractive terms.

Has anyone else switched their deal in this manner? Any suggestions?
I've switched before a few years back, but within the same month (went from purchase to lease also). I don't see why you wouldn't get the benefit of the December rates. If they ran your credit in December, you're locked in for 60 days regardless if you're leasing or financing. It's the same credit application. Also, at the end of the day the dealer is selling the car for the same price - whether it's to you or to BMW FS which essentially buys the car from the dealer and leases it to you.
Appreciate 0