BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-27-2009, 11:58 AM   #1
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

WTF Why is Brawn not suspended or penalized?

So Alonso's Renault loses a tire, doesn't hurt anyone and they get suspended from a race while Brawn's car loses a srping and almost kills Massa or at the least ends his career and no one is speaking up to blame Ross Brawn and the Brawn team.. There is obvious negligence here from this team and I think they should be fine a few million $$ and suspended for at least 2 races if not excluded from the championship... This is such BS
Poor Massa
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #2
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
So Alonso's Renault loses a tire, doesn't hurt anyone and they get suspended from a race while Brawn's car loses a srping and almost kills Massa or at the least ends his career and no one is speaking up to blame Ross Brawn and the Brawn team.. There is obvious negligence here from this team and I think they should be fine a few million $$ and suspended for at least 2 races if not excluded from the championship... This is such BS
Poor Massa
"excluded from the championship"??? are you kidding me....you made it sounds like Brawn GP intentionally aimed the spring to Massa's face....

However, I do agree that the FIA should penalized both Renault and Brawn GP at a same level, so if they want to suspend Renault for one race, then Brawn shouldn't compete in Valencia too....

or, if they just fine Brawn for 100,000 Euros, then Renault should be fined also 100,000 Euros as well....

I hate when the FIA have different treatment on different teams on similar offences....
      07-27-2009, 12:38 PM   #3
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Not intentional but very negligent none the less...
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 01:59 PM   #4
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Ummm.....a race car is a machine and things break. Where is the evidence that the spring failure was due to negligence? Did I miss something? It totally sucks what happened to Massa but it is a dangerous sport and unless I missed some major news development on the incident, it looks like a mechanical failure. If so, why would Brawn be held negligent?
      07-27-2009, 02:12 PM   #5
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

The FIA is investigating and if it's found that Brawn under engineered this piece to try and save weight or something like that, then they will be proved to be negligent...
I can almost guarantee you that's what happened... This is not a normal failure/breakdown, this is a piece that was under engineered or pushed too far in an attempt to gain too much of an advantage and they just pushed too far..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 02:19 PM   #6
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
The FIA is investigating and if it's found that Brawn under engineered this piece to try and save weight or something like that, then they will be proved to be negligent...
I can almost guarantee you that's what happened... This is not a normal failure/breakdown, this is a piece that was under engineered or pushed too far in an attempt to gain too much of an advantage and they just pushed too far..
I can see where you're going with this, but I think it's too much of a stretch.
      07-27-2009, 02:26 PM   #7
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by news 4 u View Post
I can see where you're going with this, but I think it's too much of a stretch.
+1.

Being a racer myself, I can tell you that we all accept that something like this can happen. Its part of the risk we take. If another driver intentionally plows into you or puts his car where it can't be and results in someone else's injury....well that is different. I suppose that if it can be shown that Brawn did something intentional that is against the regulations and endangers lives then maybe....but I highly doubt a professional organization like them would intentionally do something like that. The fact that Ross Brawn came forward and admited to the failure and to it causing Massa's incident shows that they were doing nothing illegal nor trying to hide anything. Its just an unfortunate racing accident.
      07-27-2009, 02:30 PM   #8
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
i don't think we should speculate anything at the moment.....the fact is now a piece of spring fell out from Ruben's car...that's it....
what caused it is still being determined by the FIA and Brawn team themselves.....
      07-27-2009, 03:37 PM   #9
Formel1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Difference is Brawn didn't do anything with wreckless disregard...they sent Alonso out when they should have stopped him and/or known about the loose wheel nut. That being said, it is clear from watching the race Alonso was hardly on "race" pace for that lap knowing the same...it was the stewards reacting to the events of the past few weeks in racing and putting their foot down..a pounding of the chest like a silverback. :O
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 04:45 PM   #10
xbook
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 EBII M235i & '06 R53 GP

Garage List
2006 MINI Cooper S GP  [0.00]
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
2008 E82  [0.00]
Brawn wasn't suspended because they didn't knowingly break the rules. The had a part fail on their car, and another racer had the unfortunate luck of hitting said piece. The Brawn GP team in no way made specific steps to have that part fly out at that exact time.

On the other hand, the Renault team knowingly released an unsafe vehicle onto the racing surface.
      07-27-2009, 06:43 PM   #11
FrankoQ
Deny everything
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i; 2015 X6, S1000RR

Garage List
2015 BMW X6  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
Brawn wasn't suspended because they didn't knowingly break the rules. The had a part fail on their car, and another racer had the unfortunate luck of hitting said piece. The Brawn GP team in no way made specific steps to have that part fly out at that exact time.

On the other hand, the Renault team knowingly released an unsafe vehicle onto the racing surface.
+1

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 07:18 PM   #12
bayerischeperformance
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 m3

these things happen in racing and it sucks but it happens

Henry Surtees was killed last weekend when a wheel and tire flew off a car and hit him in the head in an F2 race
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2009, 07:36 PM   #13
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Based on your years of experience as an F1 engineer you "know" this?
      07-28-2009, 12:04 AM   #14
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Why does the FIA wasted all the time to investigate the cause....they should've just hire you to be Race Control.....
      07-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #15
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thank you, that's what I have been trying to say all along...
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #16
BudVlad
Old Geezer
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 N53B30

Garage List
2008 E92 N53B30  [10.00]
Massa could leave hospital next week

One of Felipe Massa's doctors feels that he may be fit enough to leave hospital within ten days if his condition continues to improve at its current rate. "If his recovery continues at this rate, I don't doubt that he could be discharged within ten days. He is constantly more and more awake, talking with family and friends." The doctor did, however, stress that the driver has not been cleared with a clean bill of health. "I want to emphasize that, although he is recovering, it is not the end of it and he is still in danger,"… "Of course, the danger is decreasing day-by-day."