X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartSaves View Post
Hi Guys,

I am trying to match M Sport Mineral White exterior and dark aluminum mesh trim with either black or coffee extended merino. Can't compare at the local dealers and finding it difficult to decide. Could you please help with following questions?

Q: With the extended merino leather and without the ventilated seat option do we still get perforated leather?

Q: I hear massage seat option gives very subtle massage. Since merino is softer than Vernasca leather would the massage functions be felt better with Merino?

Q: Ventilated seat option in F15 made the seat harder. Is it still the case with G05?

Q: Since sensatech leatherette dash is standard and I hear it looks good, does it still make sense to order leather dash?
No ventilation no perforation. And I think it looks better without but still I took the ventilated seats.

The massage function is not subtle at all. Even in position 1/3 it is very obvious.

I have the leather dash and it looks great. I had sensatec in my last and it looks good too. Maybe leather looks a bit better and feels softer but sensatec is more forgiving. So not absolutely necessary and quite expensive.

I don't think my seats are too hard but I prefer harder German seats above French soft seats. I think in the US your seat preference is a bit softer.
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2020, 06:55 PM   #24
Luminor513
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 G07 x40i BSM/Blk Merino

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I am trying to match M Sport Mineral White exterior and dark aluminum mesh trim with either black or coffee extended merino. Can’t compare at the local dealers and finding it difficult to decide. Could you please help with following questions?

Q: With the extended merino leather and without the ventilated seat option do we still get perforated leather?

Q: I hear massage seat option gives very subtle massage. Since merino is softer than Vernasca leather would the massage functions be felt better with Merino?

Q: Ventilated seat option in F15 made the seat harder. Is it still the case with G05?

Q: Since sensatech leatherette dash is standard and I hear it looks good, does it still make sense to order leather dash?
1. Can't answer the first question as both my G05 and G07 have ventilated seats (for 2020 when luxury seating package was selected it automatically gave you ventilated and massaging seats)

2. I would consider them subtle on the lower settings but on level 3 they are just enough to make a difference especially on long rides it's a great feature

3. Absolutely not. Merino with luxury seating package are some of the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in.

4. Have sensatec in both G05 & G07 and it suits the interior just fine. The biggest difference is the alcantara headliner in G07 is simply incredible and I wish I had it in the G05.
      09-29-2020, 06:47 PM   #25
Paladin1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 iX xDrive50, DGM

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
You checked the "headliner in color of upholstery" box. Any reasonable person would think that the headliner would then be, well, the color of the upholstery (in this case, black). In fact, it changes the headliner to white (actually ivory), no matter what color the upholstery is. Our SA thought the same thing when we ordered our cars last September. When the cars arrived we almost refused them. Black Full Merino with an ivory headliner. I'm not a fan. The dealer agreed to replace the headliners, and we're still waiting for parts. Still. To prevent that, the configurator now (at least in the 40i) changes the upholstery to white if you select that option. A very Germanic solution, instead of having an option box that says "White Headliner."

Updating above, as noted, received ivory headliners in our black full merino leather-upholstered 40is (not possible on the configurator now). Fortunately, dealer and BMW agreed to replace (their error). In case you were wondering what's involved:

Name:  mMhO6u.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  380.4 KB

So after a year waiting for parts, and a couple of weeks in the service dept.:

Name:  20200929_175345.jpg
Views: 1118
Size:  309.5 KB

Kudos to our dealer and SA for their persistence, and to BMW for stepping up. Also updated software to 7/2020.45, with Android Auto. All's well that ends well, with some minor ditzels still to replace/repair, and one more car to do. Life is a journey.

Last edited by Paladin1; 09-29-2020 at 07:00 PM..
Appreciate 2
X5 45e1077.00
      10-02-2020, 09:58 AM   #26
DCwell3er
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 G05

Garage List
Congrats on the fix! I'm glad to hear they (dealer and BMW) recognized the error and decided to fix it.
      10-02-2020, 04:26 PM   #27
djiboutiman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Kindly share what configuration and options you selected. My wife and I are looking to buy one. This will be our first X5 but owned BMW's in the past. Any recommendations or advise any potential deals or discounts. Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 12:28 PM   #28
codex57
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 45e, Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I am trying to match M Sport Mineral White exterior and dark aluminum mesh trim with either black or coffee extended merino. Can’t compare at the local dealers and finding it difficult to decide. Could you please help with following questions?

Coffee is darker so it's ok (the other brown is a bit too much; I think it's the orange tinge). I ordered black primarily cuz my daughter is filthy (current BMW is ivory and even after cleaning... yikes). That said, a secondary reason we went with black is if you pick coffee, you've essentially got 3 colors going on. Yes, it brightens up the interior a little, but we thought it was just too many colors going on. You can always pick one of the glossy wood trims to add some color to the black interior (we went with the Poplar matte even tho it blends with the black interior).

As an American, I'm in the majority that seems to prefer softer seats. A major reason why we're selling the X3 so soon for the X5 is because we can't stand the hard Vernasca seats. We've had a BMW before, but it had leatherette (early version of Sensa-Tec) and thought the leather would soften up over time. Nope. In our opinion, BMW leather is hot garbage. Leather feels too hard and cheap and the seats are too firm. We special ordered because the Merino is finally hits the "acceptable" range of softness.

However, I prefer harder massages. My parents have a massage chair. One of those several thousand dollar ones. My sis is a physical therapist. Whenever I visit, I always use the chair or make my sister work on my back. The massaging chairs are nothing like that. Think more of the airplane instructions to shift around in your seat and stand up to keep blood flowing. It's more to adjust your muscles and allow blood flow to keep moving than it is a massage.

The ventilated seats aren't hard. I was hyper aware of that when test driving the car. I immediately ruled out the Audi Q5 b/c I wanted the sports seats, but with the ventilated sports seats on it, a wood church pew feels like a pillow compared to it. I don't know how Audi managed to make a chair feel harder than solid wood. The BMW ventilated seats (at least in the X5) still feel soft and plush.

I wouldn't order the leather dash if possible. Sensa-Tec feels softer than Vernasca and is easier to take care of.
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2021, 08:45 AM   #29
TomCat6065
Gear Head
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X2 M35i, 2021 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminor513 View Post
Anthracite Brown Poplar Matte Finish Wood,
Glass controls, Black extended merino with luxury seating package. Wish I would have checked the box for the suede headliner, really makes the all black interior look incredible.
looks awesome!
2021 X5 M50i, Carbon Black, Ext Coffee Merino interior, 21" Y Spoke wheels, Matte Poplar woodgrain trim. Adaptive M-Susp, DHP, Exec Package, Park Assist Plus, Driving Assist Pro, Traffic Jam Assist, Heated/Ventilated seats/armrests, Alacantara headliner, Increased speed limiter.
My wife drives a 2020 X2 M35i.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 01:42 PM   #30
Afjeld
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G81 M3 CT & G26 i4 M50

Quote:
Glass controls, Black extended merino with luxury seating package. Wish I would have checked the box for the suede headliner, really makes the all black interior look incredible.
Looks great! I ordered M Multifunctional seats in extended Merino leather. Best seats so far.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 01:52 PM   #31
Luminor513
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 G07 x40i BSM/Blk Merino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afjeld View Post
Quote:
Looks great! I ordered M Multifunctional seats in extended Merino leather. Best seats so far.
Those look incredible. Unfortunately not available in the US.
      01-13-2021, 12:28 AM   #32
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Quote:
Those look incredible. Unfortunately not available in the US.
Agree! So ridiculous!

Beautiful seats...
Appreciate 0