04-03-2024, 09:23 AM   #23
starbai
PPRSWCE
Guyana
Rep
Drives: 18 Tanzanite Blue F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveishi View Post
I was actually going to post last week when I saw this because I had a couple DM's with OP and he said it was pending sale at that time. I thought all of this was odd, but you guys were so convincing I didn't want to defend a scammer

But I guess my initial instincts were right, sorry starbai ! I should have posted afterall
All good guys. I took issue for a moment beacuse I've been around a long time and I'm not ok with any dings to my rep as I do buy/sell stuff often and i'm stll apart of this community for my F80 M3, even though my X5 is gone.

Sorry ya'll were dealing with this mess. But yea whoever those folks were were piggy backing off the thread title.

I'd suggest when looking to buy, do what you did which is check the user name, check their post count and rep points, and before sending a dime request a picture (or even video) with the parts and a piece of paper with their user name and date on it.

At least for higher dollar items thats what I do.

Best of luck folks. Sorry ya'll missed out on the amp. Frankly I sold it for less than I wanted to, but in fairness the thread has been around for a while now and it was sitting around collecting dust as the speakers had long been sold.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 09:52 AM   #24
chiefsalami
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 3.0i M-sport

It's all good. I wish I had seen this thread sooner - I would have jumped on it and actually just met you in Orlando and picked it up. I'm about 2 hours away.

I asked for pictures of what was being sold to one of those, and got a picture of the BimmerTech speaker kit.... lol. That's when I posted, like what the hell is going on here...?

Anyway, I just purchased the amp kit from Allwoods Audio in the UK, and their communication and support, even pre-sale, has been outstanding so far. Looking forward to the improvement in the car, for which HK was unavailable when it was bought.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 09:52 PM   #25
newbiebmwx5
Rep
Drives: bmw x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefsalami View Post
It's all good. I wish I had seen this thread sooner - I would have jumped on it and actually just met you in Orlando and picked it up. I'm about 2 hours away.

I asked for pictures of what was being sold to one of those, and got a picture of the BimmerTech speaker kit.... lol. That's when I posted, like what the hell is going on here...?

Anyway, I just purchased the amp kit from Allwoods Audio in the UK, and their communication and support, even pre-sale, has been outstanding so far. Looking forward to the improvement in the car, for which HK was unavailable when it was bought.
you have link to that kit?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2024, 11:00 PM   #26
chiefsalami
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 3.0i M-sport

This is the seller: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ssn=allwoodsaudio. Find the appropriate kit based on the car and audio system you have.
Appreciate 1
JoeAyalaM145.50