Rep
Drives: '22 X5 45e; '09 328 N51 SULEV

Garage List
'93 E36 Track Car  [0.00]
'22 X5 45e  [0.00]
'09 328c N51 SULEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
other than you, I don't think you'll find any 45e owner who wants to code out ASS. the popular opinion is that it works well. the guy in the FB group assumed HVAC function would diminish but after being told it wouldn't, he seceded.

you'll find there are several coding options in BimmerCode that don't actually work despite it being there, not just the ASS. the ones that do work, work well. whether that warrants a full refund is your discretion.

i find that many times when folks are frustrated or flustered by a feature, it's usually user error or misunderstanding as to how it works or doesn't work, so when I go the path of "it doesn't work that way" and describe what the expectation should be, they get defensive. some folks don't like hearing what they don't want to hear. my apologies if I offended you; this forum is meant to educate and share experiences. what you do with that info is your prerogative but definitely doesn't warrant getting "testy" with others trying to help you understand your vehicle.
Dude, I didn't post about BimmerCode not working to get your opinion, or to be called ignorant or worse. Don't care what you or any other owner thinks about why I want ASS disabled. This thread is about disabling ASS. BimmerCode could not do it, and I've been refunded. I'm unsubscribing from this thread.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2022, 10:49 AM   #288
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesalboy View Post
Dude, I didn't post about BimmerCode not working to get your opinion, or to be called ignorant or worse. Don't care what you or any other owner thinks about why I want ASS disabled. This thread is about disabling ASS. BimmerCode could not do it, and I've been refunded. I'm unsubscribing from this thread.
no, this thread is about whether or not the ASS function was eliminated when folks realized the ASS button was missing in the first MY21 vehicles released from the factory. when it was realized the ASS still functioned despite no physical button, coding it out became a byproduct.

probably best you unsubscribe since you clearly didn't understand that and aren't receptive to the fine folks here trying to help you understand there are limitations to almost everything in life. it's pretty clear how you deal with it when things don't go your way
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2022, 01:22 PM   #289
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

The 45e has two distinctly different ways to turn over the ICE:
- regular starter motor and note, it is a beefed up system versus the pure ICE machines so wear should not be a problem
- jump start function where if you're moving already and the ICE needs to be turned on, it engages some clutches in the transmission and the momentum starts the ICE up.

I do not notice any judder or shake when mine starts up the ICE. So, in my case, I do not miss an ASS button option.

The 45e is a complicated vehicle, as are most any new BMW these days. THat's one reason why the user's manual is over 400-pages. If you haven't read it at least twice, you're missing out on features, and understanding the ones you thought you might already know, like there are three different modes on the cruise control, for example. If you drive it like every other vehicle you've owned, you're not getting full benefit out of it. It is different. A pure electric will be that much different yet again.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 04:46 PM   #290
chefwong
Major
Rep
Drives: X5

In my config, I had it set to start on Adaptive. In the 3 drives since then, never entering Eco Mode, ASS would still be on with

Auto Start Stop function
Not Active

I just went in and also enabled this which I expect ASS to work once turned off.

Auto Start Stop function memory
Active

Am I amiss on the original setting being set to not Active but it obviously was still being active....
Appreciate 0