BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-10-2023, 08:52 AM   #1
3shar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

new timeline

Ordered X5 The beginning of April. Was told 6- 8 week production. Have been tracking and nothing happening. Finally got hold of someone and now told it is not in production until week 20 ( End of July) I guess the executive package and and seating option we picked are backordered) Stinks a 8 week car has turned into a 4 month car.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2023, 08:59 AM   #2
sj2023
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Where did you get the July timeframe? Week 20 is May 15th to 20th.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2023, 09:47 AM   #3
3shar
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW x5

sorry 29th week
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2023, 11:09 AM   #4
SwissBeemer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3shar View Post
Ordered X5 The beginning of April. Was told 6- 8 week production. Have been tracking and nothing happening. Finally got hold of someone and now told it is not in production until week 20 ( End of July) I guess the executive package and and seating option we picked are backordered) Stinks a 8 week car has turned into a 4 month car.
In Germany some 3 months cars are turning into 1 year cars due to the shortages.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2023, 11:16 AM   #5
gadgetfreak2024
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e, 2011 X5 50i M-Sp.

I got a call from my sales associate today confirming finally that my week 20 build was delayed (which I’ve known, thanks to this forum) and that it is because of the soft close doors in the executive package (which I’ve also known, thanks to this forum). Supposedly I will get more info from him tomorrow, although don’t know what that will entail.

I really don’t want to have my car built in the week or two before the put MGU 5 units in. At this point, I’d much rather wait the extra handful of days for great technological flexibility in the future. I suppose we will know later this month from BMW about the upgrade path for MGU 4+ cars, so maybe it will be moot.

Has anyone been able to clarify when specifically the head unit switchover is supposed to occur in July?
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2023, 11:31 AM   #6
Heavyd
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissBeemer View Post
In Germany some 3 months cars are turning into 1 year cars due to the shortages.
Have you more info about this? Which model and packages or options?

I have also soft close in a package but no word that production is delayed.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 02:50 AM   #7
SwissBeemer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyd View Post
Have you more info about this? Which model and packages or options?

I have also soft close in a package but no word that production is delayed.
Soft close - All models - No clear timeline since I only know guys who ended up removing it after being told it might mean late '23 or even early '24 but I'm not sure if this would actually be the case or was just a tactic to get people to remove it.
22" rims - Unclear which models but might only be "lesser" engines like 30d - Generally I've seen only few mentions of 22" issues while there's been a lot of talk about the soft-close.

I also do have 22" and soft-close and no mention from my dealer about any issues but judging from when others that are affected were informed, which was right before it would've gone from 111 to 112, I expect to be informed no earlier than that as well. With my alleged W24 production that should be around now although my dealer also postponed my delivery date from W29 to W31 so it might very well be that my production was delayed as well, but my dealer said they don't even know which production week my car is planned, only the supposed delivery date, which is RIDICULOUS to me, so I might receive this dreaded call in 2-6 weeks ...
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 03:02 AM   #8
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissBeemer View Post
Soft close - All models - No clear timeline since I only know guys who ended up removing it after being told it might mean late '23 or even early '24 but I'm not sure if this would actually be the case or was just a tactic to get people to remove it.
22" rims - Unclear which models but might only be "lesser" engines like 30d - Generally I've seen only few mentions of 22" issues while there's been a lot of talk about the soft-close.

I also do have 22" and soft-close and no mention from my dealer about any issues but judging from when others that are affected were informed, which was right before it would've gone from 111 to 112, I expect to be informed no earlier than that as well. With my alleged W24 production that should be around now although my dealer also postponed my delivery date from W29 to W31 so it might very well be that my production was delayed as well, but my dealer said they don't even know which production week my car is planned, only the supposed delivery date, which is RIDICULOUS to me, so I might receive this dreaded call in 2-6 weeks ...
I have a fully specced 45e. I already made a compromise with no IAS on the 50e. I won’t drop any other option even if it is soft close.
Worst case I will drive with the 45e longer.

Called my dealer. They have no knowledge of shortages and problems with soft close at the moment. They say it can be market specific

Last week my production week went from 28 to 24. Now it went back to 25. It’s like a yoyo
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 06:28 AM   #9
gadgetfreak2024
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e, 2011 X5 50i M-Sp.

Quote:
I have a fully specced 45e. I already made a compromise with no IAS on the 50e. I won’t drop any other option even if it is soft close.

Called my dealer. They have no knowledge of shortages and problems with soft close at the moment. They say it can be market specific

Last week my production week went from 28 to 24. Now it went back to 25. It’s like a yoyo
(Slightly) off topic, but you mention IAS. How noticeable is it to you in daily driving? Haven't driven a four-wheel steering car since my mother had a Honda Prelude with four-wheel steering back in the 80s.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 06:38 AM   #10
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak2024 View Post
(Slightly) off topic, but you mention IAS. How noticeable is it to you in daily driving? Haven't driven a four-wheel steering car since my mother had a Honda Prelude with four-wheel steering back in the 80s.
In Belgium/Europe parking spaces are much smaller than in the US. And not only parking spaces.
I find IAS a big plus in Europe. It makes life easier.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 11:52 AM   #11
g8who
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: X5 50e

Quote:
Sorry, a bit off topic but if you don't mind me asking, what kind of range do you get in electric mode with your 45e?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2023, 11:58 AM   #12
Heavyd
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by g8who View Post
Sorry, a bit off topic but if you don't mind me asking, what kind of range do you get in electric mode with your 45e?
Now the car says 73km. But in reality I think 55, maybe 60km. I don’t drive economically.
In wintertime it’s less. After 200 meters it already show 2 km less
Appreciate 0