BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-20-2023, 10:58 AM   #1
Flaneur
Rep
Drives: 4runner

Parking package ?: Surround View with 3d View

Thank you for all of the great info on this site. I am still coming up to speed quickly and still deciding between LCI and CPO. I originally thought the 2019- 2023 were roughly the same but I've learned on here they are not.

wrt the parking packages: When did they start to include the Surround View with 3d View? I've been trying to piece together the changes and it seems like maybe there was Parking Assistant Plus and Parking Assistant Pro and maybe there was a change in 2022 but I'm not sure what's included?

Of all of the features from this package, I'm most interested in the bird's eye view camera. I would be interested in the memorized backing out, but I've read on another thread that it disables itself if it is too tight. My situation is a long narrow garage where the entrance gives me maybe 2-3 inches on either side with mirrors in. (just test drove and brought it home). I think the Parking Pro would not work in this situation?

Thanks for any help.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2023, 11:10 AM   #2
Berzerker
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Convertible

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post
Thank you for all of the great info on this site. I am still coming up to speed quickly and still deciding between LCI and CPO. I originally thought the 2019- 2023 were roughly the same but I've learned on here they are not.

wrt the parking packages: When did they start to include the Surround View with 3d View? I've been trying to piece together the changes and it seems like maybe there was Parking Assistant Plus and Parking Assistant Pro and maybe there was a change in 2022 but I'm not sure what's included?

Of all of the features from this package, I'm most interested in the bird's eye view camera. I would be interested in the memorized backing out, but I've read on another thread that it disables itself if it is too tight. My situation is a long narrow garage where the entrance gives me maybe 2-3 inches on either side with mirrors in. (just test drove and brought it home). I think the Parking Pro would not work in this situation?

Thanks for any help.
The package has been called "Parking Assist Pro" for this generation the entire time as far as I know. 3D Surround View (which is the specific feature) has been available since iDrive 6, but different models specify the package names differently depending on what it includes. I don't think "Plus" includes automatic parking or reverse assist, for example, just the 3D Surround View.

It's either all or nothing with the X5, afaik.
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2023, 08:54 AM   #3
Guy Fleegman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 45e

Mine is a 2022 45e. The packages seem to have changed since my purchase but I bought the parking assist mainly to get the 360 view. It allows me to see how centered I am in the parking space. There's a car wash mode that will help guide you onto the rails.

The backup assistant works very well for a tight garage. If you can pull in without hitting anything, the car will do the job backing out. It still chimes when it gets close to the door entrance but it doesn't disable itself as long as I don't touch the steering wheel.

I don't use automatic parking.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 11:17 AM   #4
modesa
Private
Rep
Drives: Maybe x5

I've tried to use the automatic parking about 5 or 6 times now and I have never gotten it to work even once. Once I tried to parallel park in a spot and it did pick up my intent, but then tried to back into the spot perpendicularly.

Conversely I have a fairly long driveway and use the backup memory feature everyday. Just set it and then let the car back itself all the way out without needing to even look at anything. Looked like a silly feature on paper but quite useful in real life!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 01:25 PM   #5
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Parking Assistant Professional is included in the Parking Assistance Package with the MY24 LCI. i know this because it’s required for the remote parking feature

here’s a link discussing it earlier this year before its release:
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1986406

I have the Parking Assistance Package that includes Parking Assistant Plus on my MY21 that has Surround View with 3D
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 02:10 PM   #6
eelnoraa
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by modesa View Post
I've tried to use the automatic parking about 5 or 6 times now and I have never gotten it to work even once. Once I tried to parallel park in a spot and it did pick up my intent, but then tried to back into the spot perpendicularly.

Conversely I have a fairly long driveway and use the backup memory feature everyday. Just set it and then let the car back itself all the way out without needing to even look at anything. Looked like a silly feature on paper but quite useful in real life!
I actually have very good success with auto park. It will get into space that I won’t attempt and did good job of parking, but maybe too tight for me to get my infant daughter out. 😂
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2023, 02:39 PM   #7
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

For the 2022 model year, it's the Parking Assistance Plus. They likely packaged and and repackaged it in certain years. Best way to check is to do a VIN decoder and look for Surround View. That is the overhead 360 degree view.

Agreed, critical for garages and city driving
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2023, 08:58 AM   #8
Guy Fleegman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelnoraa View Post
I actually have very good success with auto park. It will get into space that I won’t attempt and did good job of parking, but maybe too tight for me to get my infant daughter out. 😂
I just don't want to park in a space that tight. Whether I do it or the car does it. I know in some cities that's a bigger problem than in others.
Appreciate 0