BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-26-2023, 10:10 AM   #1
kino3366
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5

lowering links issue - help

Hey Guys,

Searched the threads extensively and couldn't find anyone with a similar problem (wishful thinking). Took my car to local tuning shop near me (Hallandale, FL) to install RG SPORT lowering links and long story short - the front's worked but the rear is stuck at maximum height and wouldn't go down > the shop resetted the computer / let it set / etc. and woulnd't calbibrate > they reinstalled the OEM links and still woulnd't return to normal height > dropped the car at the dealer (still under warranty thankfully) and waiting for diagnose

Now I don't believe the links are the issue in any way. Multiple members have installed them with success. I'm assuming maybe the rear sensor was damaged during the installation since the OEM links will not bring the car back to normal height.

I wanted to know your thoughts and if anyone has came across this issue? Plus, I still want to install the lowering links after the suspension is fixed and was wondering if anyone can recommend a shop that has experience installing lowering links on the G05?

appreciate any feedback
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2023, 02:59 AM   #2
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 / X3 / 330e / 330i

Omg, That sucks! At least it's at the dealership now and since it's still on warranty, they should take care of it. Did you take off all lowering links before bringing it in though, including the fronts?

Let us know how it all goes and what the issue is altogether.
Appreciate 0