BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-27-2021, 10:49 AM   #1
viperdoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7/‘21 45e/‘23 45e

Merino leather question

I just ordered a new M sport with tartufo Merino leather. The car they had on the lot had the tartufo, but it had the luxury seating package, which I did not get. Can anyone confirm whether the perforation pattern of the leather seats is the same regardless of whether you get the luxury seating package? Or, if you don't have ventilated seats, are the front seat surfaces more flat leather rather than perforated?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 11:01 AM   #2
Auricom
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdoc View Post
I just ordered a new M sport with tartufo Merino leather. The car they had on the lot had the tartufo, but it had the luxury seating package, which I did not get. Can anyone confirm whether the perforation pattern of the leather seats is the same regardless of whether you get the luxury seating package? Or, if you don't have ventilated seats, are the front seat surfaces more flat leather rather than perforated?
Merino multi-contour and Merino with Luxury seating have the same seat leather and stitching pattern - the only difference are added perforations in the leather seating for ventilation.

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...38;postcount=4

Images 1 and 2, Merino multi-contour

Image 3, Merino multi-contour ventilated/massaging - Luxury seating package
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 11:01 AM   #3
Chapel Hill
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
No ventilated seats = smooth leather and no perforations. I've had both in the past week, in Tartufo. They are both very nice but feel slightly different. The seats without the perforations feel a bit nicer to me.
Appreciate 1
viperdoc364.00
      03-27-2021, 11:11 AM   #4
viperdoc
Lieutenant
Rep

Thank you both so much! exactly what I was looking for. Either way a step up from vernasca for sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 12:12 PM   #5
Chapel Hill
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Thank you both so much! exactly what I was looking for. Either way a step up from vernasca for sure.
I love my X5. Of all the great things that I love about it the most, the merino leather in Tartufo is at the top of the list.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 12:19 PM   #6
viperdoc
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapel Hill View Post
I love my X5. Of all the great things that I love about it the most, the merino leather in Tartufo is at the top of the list.
Yeah, I had been wanting an M sport since 2015. I currently have an X line with only convenience package. Used car market is apparently so good right now that I have more equity in my current car than I expected. So I am building an M sport with tartufo. At first I was more excited about the M sport package, but after a test drive in one with merino and multi contour seats, that is what I am looking forward to the most!
Appreciate 0