BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-21-2021, 11:19 AM   #1
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 X5 40i Tanzanite Blue

DAP Errors

Maybe one for @ifr as he's U.K. based I think.

I can't seem to get Lane Assist to work plus when I select Assisted Driving on a motorway, it "seems" to work but I get a Check Control error that some functions may be restricted, which when I select, it advises that traffic light assist doesn't work in this country.

When I try a Lane Assist, it just seems to disable Assisted Driving and the car just does nothing or drifts into the left Lane (when I indicated right) - not had much chance to go on motorways so far, but right now, it's a fancy toy
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 11:32 AM   #2
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Crikey that's a muddle.

Confirming you have a UK G05 Model year 21 with no coding done?

If so then both TLA and LCA should work. LCA only really works on motorways. There are a few dual-carriageways that it works on but most of them it just behaves as you described.

On a motorway with assisted drive enabled, you press the indicator stalk up to the first click, and then it moves across automatically if clear.

TLA - sounds like they have provided the feature but not unlocked it yet. It can be done in coding, but odd they haven't done it natively yet.

Check these menus in CAR-Settings-Driver Assistance
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 11:38 AM   #3
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

I'll check thanks

I've done some coding, mainly for TPMS to show temperature and 5-flash indicators.

MY21 G05 with software 11/2020.42.

Worst case I'll take it to Sytner nearby.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 03:16 AM   #4
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi @ifr, these are my settings - they "seem " OK barring the stuff that I guess is not enabled yet?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 03:30 AM   #5
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Ta, on the first pic what does it say when you select 'Consider Traffic Lights'?

It does look like they have enabled TLA and RGA (emergency corridor) in HU/BDC but it's still disabled in SAS by land mask. Strange approach by BMW and I wonder if it's by design. I doubt it.

LCA should work fine under the right conditions. Just check SAS3 coding if you can for C_SWA_Auspraegung - make sure it's set to USA and not Cat_C. If Cat_C then LCA will take ages to change, whereas the USA system switches instantly.

Both TLA and RGA can be coded to activate, but this is a MY21 where the feature is natively active - it should work. I'd ask BMW UK why they aren't working as its available in the menu.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 03:32 AM   #6
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Ta, on the first pic what does it say when you select 'Consider Traffic Lights'?

It does look like they have enabled TLA and RGA (emergency corridor) in HU/BDC but it's still disabled in SAS by land mask. Strange approach by BMW and I wonder if it's by design. I doubt it.

LCA should work fine under the right conditions. Just check SAS3 coding if you can for C_SWA_Auspraegung - make sure it's set to USA and not Cat_C. If Cat_C then LCA will take ages to change, whereas the USA system switches instantly.

Both TLA and RGA can be coded to activate, but this is a MY21 where the feature is natively active - it should work. I'd ask BMW UK why they aren't working as its available in the menu.
I get function not available in this country.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 03:45 AM   #7
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

OK so RGA and TLA are enabled, and disabled. Oops.

Interesting to hear what they have to say about it as the 03/2021 software upgrade doesn't change the land mask controlling that 'function not available...' error, so won't fix the issue.

You need BMW to fix or code it, but it's a good opportunity to get some info out of BMW on their strategy for these MY21 DAP features
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2021, 03:46 AM   #8
sahajesh
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks again - I'll contact the local dealer.
Appreciate 0