BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-30-2023, 12:00 PM   #1
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 21'' X6MC (F96)

List of (visible) changes post LCI

A summary of the changes I noticed on the LCI version -- checking if I'm the only one or whether there's more data that confirms it

1. Headlights
- no more differences between US/EU in the design apart for the orange light on the side?
- blue accentuation variations between US/EU ?

2. Driver Assistant Package
I noticed all interior LCI pictures I've seen don't have the triple line buttions on the left side of the steering wheel (to increase/decrease). Is it because none of these cars have the DAP package or because there's a different way to regulate the distance with the car in the front ? These buttons were used to increase/decrease distance between the car in front of us... I also noticed that DAP is now an additional option for 2k (in Canada) while it was included pre-LCI.

3. key fob
Seems like the key with the screen is gone now. Is there a specific M (competition) key fob and are the LCI versions still delivered with the M card when comfort option is included ?

4. M competition lost the M badge on the cover of the cup holders... that's quite unfortunate

5. No more heated steering wheel at all on LCI ?

Anything else I'm missing ?

Would be great to have any of the early F95 / F95 LCI owners chime in :-)
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2023, 12:20 PM   #2
blinsc
Private
Rep
Drives: x5m60i

#2. The distance setting is still there, but it's buried in the Driving Settings app.
#5. Heated steering wheel is still available, setting is accessed via the iDrive 8 climate menu. No more hard button.

Only BMW knows the real reason behind those changes but it really seems like a cost-cutting move to reduce the number of steering wheel variations.
Appreciate 2
Swappy531.50
      04-30-2023, 02:36 PM   #3
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consuldean View Post
1. Headlights
- no more differences between US/EU in the design apart for the orange light on the side?
- blue accentuation variations between US/EU ?
Are you asking or telling us there isn't any difference between an E-Code (ROW) vs. NAR headlight?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2023, 05:06 PM   #4
redpill
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 x5mc SB, 2022 x5mc WM

are we just talkin about external changes? since you mentioned cup holders..the big change is the HVAC changes..most of them are driven in the screen now.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2023, 04:21 AM   #5
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
Are you asking or telling us there isn't any difference between an E-Code (ROW) vs. NAR headlight?
Asking just based on observations. There’s no sticker in the US version anymore warning about the differences. It seems like it’s streamlined but I might be wrong.

Just looking for more information if anyone has some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpill View Post
are we just talkin about external changes? since you mentioned cup holders..the big change is the HVAC changes..most of them are driven in the screen now.
This is a collection of the visible changes both inside and exterior
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2023, 07:15 AM   #6
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

I am guessing the disabling of the anti-dazzle is no longer an issue for NAR because of the changes in regulations however the hardware, housing/assembly will be different from ROW as historically the ROW variants have different cut-offs and lenses which have increased output.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2023, 03:28 PM   #7
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Well, I'd like to be corrected but literally *all* delivery videos and pictures I've seen of an LCI in North America doest NOT have any blue accentuation.

Did I miss something ?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2023, 03:56 PM   #8
blinsc
Private
Rep
Drives: x5m60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consuldean View Post
Well, I'd like to be corrected but literally *all* delivery videos and pictures I've seen of an LCI in North America doest NOT have any blue accentuation.

Did I miss something ?
The LCI X5/X6 M essentially come standard with the extended shadowline exterior, which does away with the blue accents on the headlights in the US.

If you configure a non-M LCI but don't select extended shadowline, you will see the blue accents.
Appreciate 0