BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-05-2020, 03:54 PM   #1
RJJJ
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X6 M50i

AC problems with 50i

Hi guys, I know on this forum many people has problems with their 50i vehicles. I have the same problem and had the malfunction AC compressor replaced by dealer in March already. After replacing the compressor, the AC works fine most of the time.

However, the compressor sometimes cannot be turned on immediately after start the engine, especially for when cold start the car. For example, when I start the engine, the AC is not blowing cold air, but after running the car for 3-5 minutes, the cold air is back on. I guess the compressor sometimes is not starting the same time as engine. It happened over 20 times, when the car starts without cold air, but every time , after 3-5 mins, the compressor is working and blow cold air.

It's very annoying, especially during a hot summer. Now in order to make sure to have cold air immediately when I enter the car, I have to remote start the car every time. Then it works. Does anyone who has their compressor replaced have the same problem? Thanks a lot. This problem maybe too minor to go to the dealer, since the AC always black after few minutes, if not immediately available when start engine.....
Appreciate 0