Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
Thanks Shaun.

Has anyone got 'Highway Exit Assistant' to come up on their Headunit/screen as an option?
Have done the coding but no joy, is the only one can't get to come up.
I don't have it either I think it only becomes active when navigation is active unfortunately I don't have any motorways near me to test it out all I have is Emergency Corridor Lane which doesn't work here in Australia

I did find a thread where IFR comments on it and it appears to only work when navigation is active
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1740022
Read IFR's post 10 & 12
Hope that helps
Attached Images

Last edited by Bambazonke; 07-27-2022 at 07:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2022, 05:02 PM   #24
Steveo
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4

Thanks, will have a try out here when I can and report back.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 11:23 AM   #25
mandomedic122
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 X5M G05, Mini 2016 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bambazonke View Post
Pm me your email address as I have a cheat sheet specifically for G05 that includes coding for the fourth ECU & more
Can I also get the cheat sheet as I am trying to do the same thing.

Thanks in advance.

Armando
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 01:10 PM   #26
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 X5

I followed the cheat codes provided but sadly could not get the speed limit signs to display or the lane change assistant to work here in saudi. Going to try to update to the latest software 07/22 to see if i have any better luck.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 05:29 PM   #27
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver.Solid View Post
I followed the cheat codes provided but sadly could not get the speed limit signs to display or the lane change assistant to work here in saudi. Going to try to update to the latest software 07/22 to see if i have any better luck.
Check with has128 he is also from KSA, his screen dump of his instrument panel at the start of the thread clearly shows speed limit signs up and working
What base maps do you have loaded? Is your X5 a Middle East spec model (822) with maps of the region? Lane Change Assist may not also work if you don't have the relevant maps as the car does not know what type of road it is on even though it has cameras. Speed Limit signs and location (Anticipation) will be part of your map database and will also require an FSC code which you should have from factory. Have you adjusted any settings in your KAFAS ECU? I am pretty sure an iLevel update will not solve your issue hopefully your dealer does not charge you for this.
      07-30-2022, 06:28 PM   #28
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandomedic122 View Post
Quote:
Pm me your email address as I have a cheat sheet specifically for G05 that includes coding for the fourth ECU & more
Can I also get the cheat sheet as I am trying to do the same thing.

Thanks in advance.

Armando
Armando
I have uploaded a copy of the file on the BimmerUtility Group file page on Facebook for users to download see link further up this thread
      07-31-2022, 05:20 AM   #29
Makaronai
Rep
Drives: X6 M50i

TLA not fully functioning in my country

Quote:
Do you have copies of your old ncd files prior to update? If so use the NCD Compare option in BimmerUtility to check your coding.
It sounds like one of the land mask values might NOT be correct ie (FF,FF,FF,FF) or you have a syntax error in your FDL coding values. One minor syntax error is enough to prevent it from working

All *land* values is set to FFFFF, however I understand that some *country* values should be set to different digits to allow systems to function in certain countries?

Unfortunately no copies of old NCD.
Now my current situation follows:
- TLA works only in a warning mode: i.e. traffic light red is shown on the screens, car beeps but car does not stops when autopilot is enabled;
- Give Way assistant also works in a warning mode: give way and stops sign is shown on a HUD, but the car does not stop itself

Name:  20220731_131049.jpg
Views: 1961
Size:  340.3 KB
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2022, 05:33 AM   #30
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Did you enable UCC (Urban Cruise Control) completely? Please look at my post above for the link to the BimmerUtility Group page on Facebook and download the cheat sheet & make sure you code both the SAS3 & DSC_VIP ECU,s
      07-31-2022, 07:26 AM   #31
Silver.Solid
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 X5

Quote:
Check with has128 he is also from KSA, his screen dump of his instrument panel at the start of the thread clearly shows speed limit signs up and working
What base maps do you have loaded? Is your X5 a Middle East spec model (822) with maps of the region? Lane Change Assist may not also work if you don't have the relevant maps as the car does not know what type of road it is on even though it has cameras. Speed Limit signs and location (Anticipation) will be part of your map database and will also require an FSC code which you should have from factory. Have you adjusted any settings in your KAFAS ECU? I am pretty sure an iLevel update will not solve your issue hopefully your dealer does not charge you for this.
thank you for your assistance on this and the cheat codes.

yes, i noticed has128 got it to work but i have tried a few times with no luck and again last night after the software update with no luck. I have not changed any settings under KAFAS ECU this time around... any hints to what triggered this?

I had 2021-1 map updates and last night updated to 2022-1 (i purchased the update online and loaded via USB.) I also have the relevant FSC as you mentioned because i can see it in ISTA. Sadly dealer here in KSA does not acknowledged the existence of software updates and will not touch it unless something is completely broken so all the updates are done at home via ISTA. Im now on software 07/22.

Update: went for an extensive drive today. Still no speed limit or traffic light sign recognition but lane change assist now works over 70kmh for the first time ever!

Last edited by Silver.Solid; 07-31-2022 at 03:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2022, 02:54 PM   #32
Makaronai
Rep

Quote:
Did you enable UCC (Urban Cruise Control) completely? Please look at my post above for the link to the BimmerUtility Group page on Facebook and download the cheat sheet & make sure you code both the SAS3 & DSC_VIP ECU,s
Finally I got your XML file - thanks a lot. Will try and report. BTW - sunroof automatic closing function is enabled but never worked. After the rain I got all car wet
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2022, 07:26 PM   #33
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaronai View Post
Finally I got your XML file - thanks a lot. Will try and report. BTW - sunroof automatic closing function is enabled but never worked. After the rain I got all car wet
Did you enable the sunnroof closing function in the FZD ECU as well?
It also a good idea to test it beforehand by spraying water on the windscreen sensor beforehand. The car should also be locked beforehand and wait about 10 mins to allow the car to go into 'sleep mode"
      07-31-2022, 07:30 PM   #34
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver.Solid View Post
thank you for your assistance on this and the cheat codes.

yes, i noticed has128 got it to work but i have tried a few times with no luck and again last night after the software update with no luck. I have not changed any settings under KAFAS ECU this time around... any hints to what triggered this?

I had 2021-1 map updates and last night updated to 2022-1 (i purchased the update online and loaded via USB.) I also have the relevant FSC as you mentioned because i can see it in ISTA. Sadly dealer here in KSA does not acknowledged the existence of software updates and will not touch it unless something is completely broken so all the updates are done at home via ISTA. Im now on software 07/22.

Update: went for an extensive drive today. Still no speed limit or traffic light sign recognition but lane change assist now works over 70kmh for the first time ever!
Sent you an email which hopefully will help identify why SLI is not displaying
      08-01-2022, 11:16 AM   #35
Makaronai
Rep

Quote:
Did you enable the sunnroof closing function in the FZD ECU as well?
It also a good idea to test it beforehand by spraying water on the windscreen sensor beforehand. The car should also be locked beforehand and wait about 10 mins to allow the car to go into 'sleep mode"
Thanks! MGU was already coded from factory, but fzd2 3009 was not coded. Probably that's an issue.

Btw GREAT XML!
Unfortunately, after coding all TLA related settings - it's still not working. FUNCTION IS NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR COUNTRY.

Don't you think KAFAS4 should be coded as well? CountrySLINPIMode?
Name:  20220801_131610.jpg
Views: 1904
Size:  248.8 KB
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 06:24 PM   #36
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Untick "Consider Traffic Lights" in your iDrive Menu and this will remove the error notification on your display the next time you start the car. Only enable the option in your iDrive menu when you are in a region/country where you know TLA location data is available
      08-22-2022, 03:31 PM   #37
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d Touring xDrive Msport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makaronai View Post
I did successfully TLA in previous software version - map showed traffic light icons etc and TLA worked fine except automatic stop (it just showed the light in HUD and cluter). After an update from BMW- of course coding is gone. So I believe the mapping data already has all the traffic lights info - but my code sheet was not accurate now.
Do you have copies of your old ncd files prior to update? If so use the NCD Compare option in BimmerUtility to check your coding.
It sounds like one of the land mask values might NOT be correct ie (FF,FF,FF,FF) or you have a syntax error in your FDL coding values. One minor syntax error is enough to prevent it from working
Hi friend,
I have g21 with firmware 07/2022.33
With previous version of firmware on my car (07/2021) TLA worked very well but now don't work.
Do you know if bmw change something?
I live in Italy and with various landmask set on FFFFFFFF I had no problems before

Some codes are not more available (like C_SLA_UCC_Land_aktiv on the dsc vip)

Can you help me?

Thanks

Ps all menu in HU_MGU are ok and I don't have any kind of error in the car, but the traffic lights are no longer seen by the car
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 06:22 AM   #38
AndreiBes
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 120i 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpgiuliano View Post
Hi friend,
With previous version of firmware on my car (07/2021) TLA worked very well but now don't work.
I live in Italy and with various landmask set on FFFFFFFF I had no problems before

Can you help me?

Thanks

Ps all menu in HU_MGU are ok and I don't have any kind of error in the car, but the traffic lights are no longer seen by the car
having the same issue(
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 07:03 AM   #39
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiBes View Post
Quote:
Hi friend,

Can you help me?

Thanks

having the same issue(
Hi,
There is a problem on mapping .
BimmerUtility support will fix the problem on the next release (I wrote them)

Stay tuned !
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 08:22 AM   #40
PaoloV
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW x5 Xdrive 40i

Quote:
good morning , being a new user I can not do PM . I would also be interested in Assisted Driving view and Auto Speed Limit Assist (aSLA) and Traffic Light Assist (TLA). it is possible to make them with bimmercode or I have to buy Bimmer Utility. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 08:54 AM   #41
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaoloV View Post
Quote:
good morning , being a new user I can not do PM . I would also be interested in Assisted Driving view and Auto Speed Limit Assist (aSLA) and Traffic Light Assist (TLA). it is possible to make them with bimmercode or I have to buy Bimmer Utility. Thank you
U need to buy BU
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 09:05 AM   #42
PaoloV
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
U need to buy BU
Just purchased . What cable do you need to connect it to the car. are in possession of ODBDLink MX +. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 09:19 AM   #43
PaoloV
Enlisted Member
Rep

it also requires this . where can I find it . Thank you
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 09:50 AM   #44
Fpgiuliano
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaoloV View Post
it also requires this . where can I find it . Thank you
U find esys setup it in bu installation folder
For cable, u need enet- odb2 cable

WARNING : But if have no experience in coding I reccomend that you first look for guides around forums because otherwise you risk doing serious damage to ur car
Appreciate 0