BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

12-13-2022, 07:23 AM   #1
Beachsidefire
Rep
Drives: still waiting

Four months for delivery?

Ordered my 45E on 9/10/22. Didn't get a vin until one week ago. Now have production date of 1/5/23. Adios tax rebate! Is this normal for it to take this long. Reading the other threads, it seems most orders went much faster.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 07:44 AM   #2
gqxxflip
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachsidefire View Post
Ordered my 45E on 9/10/22. Didn't get a vin until one week ago. Now have production date of 1/5/23. Adios tax rebate! Is this normal for it to take this long. Reading the other threads, it seems most orders went much faster.
Welcome to the forums.

No, is not normal for it to take this long. We aren't in normal times (supply chain issues, chip shortage, etc.).

When you ordered on 9/10/22 did you get a prod number? What status were you in in sept? 112 Scheduled for production? 111 order received?

Just to give some context I gave my deposit 9/15/22, and got a production number on 9/29/22 (I was able to grab an Oct. allocation). In early Oct. Genius told me initially that I had an estimated week 45 prod week (Nov 7-13).

Well as weeks went by my estimated prod week kept changing. Went to week 48, then 47, then finally stopped on week 50. No telling what the exact cause was that kept pushing it back (if it was the 20" AS tires, merino leather, fully loaded build, etc).
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 07:53 AM   #3
Flyboy2017
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ford F150

I suspect your dealer took your order before they had an allocation. I know it's not much help now, but this could have been avoided if you had ordered from a dealer that had an available allocation for you.

In theory a dealer should disclose to customers if they don't have an allocation when a customer places an order, but it's not surprising some choose not to.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 09:55 AM   #4
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
yeah, it sounds your dealer didn’t have an allocation. your order sat until they acquired one.

in anticipation of prolonged transit times in the current environment, we ordered my wife’s 5-series 6 months ahead of lease end. our dealership is a large volume dealer, so they get a good amount of allocations each month. we didn’t get an allocation on the following round of allocations 2 weeks after ordering but got one the next time which we expected. it’s in transit from Bremerhaven, but we’re actually 2 months ahead of schedule.

sorry this happened to you
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 12:45 PM   #5
Beachsidefire
Rep
Drives: still waiting

Dealer has had terrible communication. I was not told that they didn’t have an allocation. Was told it could take a few months. Was not told about production number until week ago. They just kept telling me that they were doing everything possible but there was no use in contacting BMW because “ they would get to it when they get to it”. I get that these are unprecedented times just upset about lack of communication and loss of tax rebate. Jeep dealer has a Grand Cherokee 4xE in Summit Reserve which is specked nicer than our ordered X5 that I am willing to go with and cancel our X5, but wife doesn’t like the looks of the Jeep. Not sure what our next move will be. Thank you for the replies.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 01:13 PM   #6
jiggie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Sounds like they didn't have an allocation and you were sitting on a waitlist. If there is an allocation available, it doesn't take 4 months - more like 6-8 weeks depending how far you are from Spartanburg. If there is no allocation, its unpredictable.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 01:33 PM   #7
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Dealer has had terrible communication. I was not told that they didn’t have an allocation. Was told it could take a few months. Was not told about production number until week ago. They just kept telling me that they were doing everything possible but there was no use in contacting BMW because “ they would get to it when they get to it”. I get that these are unprecedented times just upset about lack of communication and loss of tax rebate. Jeep dealer has a Grand Cherokee 4xE in Summit Reserve which is specked nicer than our ordered X5 that I am willing to go with and cancel our X5, but wife doesn’t like the looks of the Jeep. Not sure what our next move will be. Thank you for the replies.
my SIL’s sister has that Jeep. she gave me a tour of it last month. great specs, but like your wife, my wife couldn’t get past its look.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2022, 03:07 PM   #8
eelnoraa
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

It did take 4 months for me from submitting order to dealer to delivery. From allocation obtained (dealer asked for deposite) to delivery is 2.5. That is including 1 month of transit to Cali, and about 2 week of stuck at QC.
      12-16-2022, 04:42 AM   #9
5tony
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M5/'15 X5 35i/'88 M3

Ask for a discount meaningful enough compared to your tax credit. If they wont budge, cancel.