krypttic
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X50e with Executive P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asoliveri View Post
I've had my 2024 X5 50e since Sept 23.

I've seen the STOP Drivetrain warning message exactly twice.

Once in December and once today (March).

Both times it just went away and the car is fine.

Should I be doing anything proactive at this point? Is there a code log I should be checking? Taking it to the dealer just to be safe?

Thanks!
I would definitely take it to the dealer when the Drivetrain Warning pops up. Even if it goes away, it's indicative of an underlying issue. I've had multiple CELs and Drivetrain warnings since purchase in September. Each one went away on its own, but the dealer still (at BMW's direction) did multiple software updates and replaced the SME twice. My vehicle was in service for almost two months in total and I am now in the process of a buyback.
Appreciate 1
      03-19-2024, 03:54 PM   #112
gsquare
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 50e

I agree with the above. You’ll need service records if your issues escalate to the point of wanting a buy back or making a lemon law claim.
Appreciate 1
      04-09-2024, 10:47 AM   #113
Cbass93
Rep

Bought a new 2024 X5 50e and got a Drivetrain Malfunction message. Car had to be towed from my garage. Been 2 weeks and the Dealership said they had not idea, BMW said it was some sort of battery sensor issue? Still have no car and not trusting this won't happen again :-(
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2024, 11:44 AM   #114
gsquare
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbass93 View Post
Bought a new 2024 X5 50e and got a Drivetrain Malfunction message. Car had to be towed from my garage. Been 2 weeks and the Dealership said they had not idea, BMW said it was some sort of battery sensor issue? Still have no car and not trusting this won't happen again :-(
I had the same thing happen last September. A CCU (Combined Charging Unit) replacement resolved the car being bricked. I had other HV system and drivetrain service messages intermittently over the next several months, but it was always drivable.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2024, 08:07 PM   #115
Vrg_cf
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 50e

Bought a new 2024 X5 50e and got a Drivetrain Malfunction message couple times after 3k miles but error resolved itself. Couple weeks back around 10kk miles car stopped again due to same issue and this time it's with dealer, it's been 2 weeks, they ordered new transmission and it just arrived, expecting car back next week. Anyone in similar boat?
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2024, 01:17 PM   #116
64-46-BMWNY
Registered
Rep
Drives: e46 x5e

X5 45e Any updates?

Hello! I have a 2022 X5 45e and I am now getting Drivetrain Malfunction after driving the car on hybrid to pass my annual inspection. I own the car just over 2 year and have 18K miles.

Have you guys had any luck?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:51 PM   #117
Sandfly
Rep
Drives: BMW x5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by pleasestophowannoying View Post
Got the drivetrain malfunction Saturday evening—luckily was in the driveway and not out on the highway. Roadside told me to try turning it off and on 3x in quick succession—then received a power supply malfunction. Car would not shift gears at all.

Called the tow truck and then weirdly when the tow arrived, the car was able to shift, though error was still present and startup did not sound normal.

Being taken to the dealership tomorrow morning—M60i with ~2400 miles on it.
I had the same thing happen to me in Feb 2024 - I have an X5 50e. My car was towed to the dealer, and they said BMW NA told them the code indicated a transmission problem, and they replaced the transmission (the car had 1600 miles at the time). I took it back in this week due to the car starting to drive rough when I accelerated and it felt like it was losing power. They have it now. I really do not want this car back - I do not trust this car. I wasted over $80k on a car that basically malfunctions from the start. I hope I can get the dealership to buy the car from me without a significant loss. I'd rather buy a different car.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 02:53 PM   #118
Sandfly
Rep
Drives: BMW x5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrg_cf View Post
Bought a new 2024 X5 50e and got a Drivetrain Malfunction message couple times after 3k miles but error resolved itself. Couple weeks back around 10kk miles car stopped again due to same issue and this time it's with dealer, it's been 2 weeks, they ordered new transmission and it just arrived, expecting car back next week. Anyone in similar boat?
I responded to another poster.
I had the same thing happen to me in Feb 2024 - I have an X5 50e. My car was towed to the dealer, and they said BMW NA told them the code indicated a transmission problem, and they replaced the transmission (the car had 1600 miles at the time). I took it back in this week due to the car starting to drive rough when I accelerated and it felt like it was losing power. They have it now. I really do not want this car back - I do not trust this car. I wasted over $80k on a car that basically malfunctions from the start. I hope I can get the dealership to buy the car from me without a significant loss. I'd rather buy a different car. I would be interested in hearing your outcome with the BMW fix.
Appreciate 0