BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-03-2021, 12:14 AM   #1
dustinrb1985
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 alpine white

Pricing around Texas??

Hey guys.. been awhile since I've been on here as I sold my M4 and changed careers temporarily. Currently looking at purchasing an SUV this go around. Been going back and forth between several makes and models. (X5 SD40i Msport, X3M40i, and a SQ5).
I went and looked at some BMW today 2021's and I like that I can get ventilated seats on X3 but also feel like it's just a tad too small for my taste in overall size. What kinda discounts are you guys seeing currently? Seems like I've been reading around 10-12% before incentives? Thanks for the info
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 12:38 PM   #2
smomin23
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinrb1985 View Post
Hey guys.. been awhile since I've been on here as I sold my M4 and changed careers temporarily. Currently looking at purchasing an SUV this go around. Been going back and forth between several makes and models. (X5 SD40i Msport, X3M40i, and a SQ5).
I went and looked at some BMW today 2021's and I like that I can get ventilated seats on X3 but also feel like it's just a tad too small for my taste in overall size. What kinda discounts are you guys seeing currently? Seems like I've been reading around 10-12% before incentives? Thanks for the info
9.3% in Austin.

Could have pushed for more but custom build order plus a corporate discount in my back pocket which should bump me to 10% or so.

Purchasing an X5 xLine
      01-03-2021, 01:10 PM   #3
dustinrb1985
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by smomin23 View Post
9.3% in Austin.

Could have pushed for more but custom build order plus a corporate discount in my back pocket which should bump me to 10% or so.

Purchasing an X5 xLine
Awesome.. that's not too shabby at all. I'm gonna try my luck in DFW first. Never had much luck with dealers here
Appreciate 1
smomin23311.00
      01-03-2021, 01:39 PM   #4
smomin23
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

DFW seems to be very difficult to get dealers to cooperate regardless of brand.

Had a Lexus dealer once tell me "take it or leave it. I'm sure we'll find plenty of other customers" against a very reasonable offer.

Needless to say, I left it. Purchased the vehicle out of state, had it delivered, and still saved $12k over DFW pricing. Went back to show him the sticker and tell him that I hope he found his other customer cause I found another dealer

I'd also consider checking Houston (slightly better than DFW) and San Antonio. Personally I think BMW of San Antonio is fantastic. Very professional.
      01-03-2021, 02:34 PM   #5
dustinrb1985
Private
Rep

Quote:

Had a Lexus dealer once tell me "take it or leave it. I'm sure we'll find plenty of other customers" against a very reasonable offer.

Needless to say, I left it. Purchased the vehicle out of state, had it delivered, and still saved $12k over DFW pricing. Went back to show him the sticker and tell him that I hope he found his other customer cause I found another dealer

I'd also consider checking Houston (slightly better than DFW) and San Antonio. Personally I think BMW of San Antonio is fantastic. Very professional.
Yeah I 100% agree.. funny you bring up lexus as Park Place and Sewell both did me that way on a IS350 several years back. Booked a 250.00 round trip flight( just incase the deal went south or car was not clean) Went to lexus of Nashvillle saved 6k
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 04:08 PM   #6
smomin23
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I 100% agree.. funny you bring up lexus as Park Place and Sewell both did me that way on a IS350 several years back. Booked a 250.00 round trip flight( just incase the deal went south or car was not clean) Went to lexus of Nashvillle saved 6k
LOL looks like Sewell has a pattern then.

I mean I get it, they're massive but honestly doesn't make sense to not treat customers well. I think part of it had to do with my age (was 23 at the time) but even then I'm a paying customer so maybe don't be an ass?
      01-03-2021, 04:32 PM   #7
dustinrb1985
Private
Rep

Quote:

I mean I get it, they're massive but honestly doesn't make sense to not treat customers well. I think part of it had to do with my age (was 23 at the time) but even then I'm a paying customer so maybe don't be an ass?
Exactly.. I very much dislike these dealers. I'm anxious to see what classic says tomorrow on this X5. Prob nothing I wanna hear or not expect but figured I'd give them first shot lol
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 05:22 PM   #8
smomin23
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Exactly.. I very much dislike these dealers. I'm anxious to see what classic says tomorrow on this X5. Prob nothing I wanna hear or not expect but figured I'd give them first shot lol
Makes sense. I mean I prefer BMW of SA but I live in Austin so I gave these guys a shot. Not that they're particularly bad but just haven't gotten top notch service before.

That said, BMW of Austin pricing came very close to the folks in SA and I figured it'd save me an hour drive.

Always worth starting local.

Wishing you luck and if you end up having to branch out, BMW of SA: Raymond Carrigan was very helpful. BMW of Austin: Larry Stenson is the guy. Fair warning, Larry is a very straight shooter but good man to work with.
      01-03-2021, 05:58 PM   #9
dustinrb1985
Private
Rep

Quote:
Makes sense. I mean I prefer BMW of SA but I live in Austin so I gave these guys a shot. Not that they're particularly bad but just haven't gotten top notch service before.

That said, BMW of Austin pricing came very close to the folks in SA and I figured it'd save me an hour drive.

Wishing you luck and if you end up having to branch out, BMW of SA: Raymond Carrigan was very helpful. BMW of Austin: Larry Stenson is the guy. Fair warning, Larry is a very straight shooter but good man to work with.
Awesome! Thanks for info. Maybe someone will chime in from DFW with a good contact
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 06:09 PM   #10
smomin23
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Awesome! Thanks for info. Maybe someone will chime in from DFW with a good contact
Happy to help!
      01-03-2021, 09:18 PM   #11
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

2020 x5 40i

Black/ Black
M-Sport w 20" M Star-spoke bi-color wheels
Driving Assistance professional
Parking Assistance
Premium Package
Air Suspension
Tow Hitch
M-Sport Brakes
Rear Manual Shades
Extended Shadowline Trim (Black Grille and Exhaust Tips)
Heated Front/ Rear Seats
Heated Wheel Armrest
H/K Speakers
X-drive

Total Suggested Price75,570.00

Current Miles is 5,76X.
In Service Date was 12/30 or 12/31 of 2019.

Looking for 62k

Any interest ?

Bmwfs lien but we will handle all of the paperwork via a dealer.

Im in Chicago. We can discuss price and dealer location via PM .
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 10:40 PM   #12
dustinrb1985
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
2020 x5 40i

Black/ Black
M-Sport w 20" M Star-spoke bi-color wheels
Driving Assistance professional
Parking Assistance
Premium Package
Air Suspension
Tow Hitch
M-Sport Brakes
Rear Manual Shades
Extended Shadowline Trim (Black Grille and Exhaust Tips)
Heated Front/ Rear Seats
Heated Wheel Armrest
H/K Speakers
X-drive

Total Suggested Price75,570.00

Current Miles is 5,76X.
In Service Date was 12/30 or 12/31 of 2019.

Looking for 62k

Any interest ?

Bmwfs lien but we will handle all of the paperwork via a dealer.

Im in Chicago. We can discuss price and dealer location via PM .
Hey, thanks for info.. I'm only interested in white colors with those options you listed above. Doesnt have to be X drive either. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 12:26 AM   #13
sophiafig
Rep
Drives: Bmw x5

How are you able to negotiate such high percentages? I walked into 2 dealers in the pacific northwest this weekend and they would barely give me $3K off a $75K MSRP 2021 X5.

I welcome any suggestions
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 07:32 AM   #14
dustinrb1985
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiafig View Post
How are you able to negotiate such high percentages? I walked into 2 dealers in the pacific northwest this weekend and they would barely give me $3K off a $75K MSRP 2021 X5.

I welcome any suggestions
I personally haven't negotiated yet on anything here in DFW.. from what I've read though 10% before incentives is pretty standard to the point the dealer outta be offering 6% right out the gate lol.
I heard the PNW area sucks though for negotiating.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 05:22 PM   #15
explosive0
Private
Rep
Drives: 528i

Recently put in a custom order for an X5 s40i in the Houston area and the best I could get was 8% off MSRP + incentives.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 07:54 PM   #16
dustinrb1985
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by explosive0 View Post
Recently put in a custom order for an X5 s40i in the Houston area and the best I could get was 8% off MSRP + incentives.
That's not too bad TBH for this area.. I can't get a dealer to budge off of MSRP but like 2% LOL.. Now that the incentives are over not sure ill proceed. May just wait and buy a used 2021 at end of the year
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 09:33 PM   #17
explosive0
Private
Rep
Drives: 528i

Quote:
That's not too bad TBH for this area.. I can't get a dealer to budge off of MSRP but like 2% LOL.. Now that the incentives are over not sure ill proceed. May just wait and buy a used 2021 at end of the year
New incentives should get announced tomorrow; don't think it'll be much different from what we had last quarter though.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 10:01 PM   #18
dustinrb1985
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by explosive0 View Post
New incentives should get announced tomorrow; don't think it'll be much different from what we had last quarter though.
Yeah we shall see...if it is I will prob get serious at leasing one instead of buying.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 12:06 AM   #19
cehsirop
Rep

Quote:

Wanted to follow up on this. Any luck on negotiating in DFW area? I'm in the exact same boat as you were in OP. Also thinking of waiting to buy used 2021 at end of year (or perhaps they'll be more in the mood to negotiate? ). Did you try BMW of Tyler? They're pretty far out there, so wondered if they'd be more willing to negotiate? I went to Grapevine and they definitely haven't been responsive to my talks.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2021, 02:48 PM   #20
GrokuE7
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Toyota Tundra Limited

Garage List
2021 BMW X6  [0.00]
In my experience the DFW dealerships do not want to negotiate very much because they do not have to. Not to bash them but they know the market is good here. That's why there are 4 or 5 BMW dealerships in the DFW area. I used a broker and went out of state to get 9% pre-incentives. If you don't mind paying a broker fee and possible transportation costs I would recommend going out of state.
      03-16-2021, 02:57 PM   #21
houbmw
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 530i Sport with SMG

Costco has a good inventive for the audi q7..also considering that now
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2021, 07:18 PM   #22
akin67
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5

You can always use Truecar. Use different zipcodes in areas you would travel to see who has the best deals. You can then negotiate from there.
Appreciate 0