Günther
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 M50i

Garage List
2 Drivers, 1 Connected Drive Login

Hey guys,

I'm two days away from picking up Günther von Bimmer (description below in signature) in Spartanburg. I'm SO damn excited, I feel like a kid awaiting Santa's arrival. The worst part, my cousin just picked up his new M550 on Monday and got to see my new boy, sitting there waiting for me. Darn it! LOL!

Anyway, I have a question - Can my husband create his own ConnectedDrive mobile app account and connect to Günther von Bimmer without disturbing my connection to the vehicle? How do I work that evil magic?

By the way, I connected my ConnectedDrive app to Günther. I can tell how far he's been driven and how much gas is in the tank. LOL! The 3D camera isn't connected to it yet, but I can still see around in the showroom.
2021 X5 M50i; Tanzanite Blue II Metallic; Coffee Extended Merino Leather; Executive Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Drivers Assistance Professional Package; Parking Assistance Package; 22" M Double-spoke black 742M wheels; Bowers & Wilkins sound system; Extended Shadowline Trim; Front massaging seats; Heated Front & Rear Seats and armrests; Space -saver tire
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 06:58 PM   #2
Benztir
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Garage List
2021 BMW X5  [0.00]
2 drivers 2 connected drive accounts.
When creating an account and adding the VIN it asks you if you are primary or secondary. Make sure whoever is primary is primary. When setting it up in the car (logging in the profile) make sure there is only one key in the car, the key you want to be linked to that profile.

And congrats!!
Appreciate 2
      01-16-2021, 10:02 PM   #3
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
+1 this. my wife and i both have our own bimmers and each have our own Connected Drive account. she's primary on the 540i; i'm primary on the X5 45e. if set up correctly, there will be no confusion no matter who gets in either driver's seat.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 10:27 PM   #4
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Günther View Post
Anyway, I have a question - Can my husband create his own ConnectedDrive mobile app account and connect to Günther von Bimmer without disturbing my connection to the vehicle? How do I work that evil magic?
Unless something has changed you can share one account but need separate email accounts for each profile to avoid disturbing settings. One is primary the other is secondary. Both accounts have the same functionality and the titling is simply for administrative purposes within the CD the account. That is how we set up ours and have been using it since day one going back to F15 or so.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 10:33 AM   #5
Günther
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks guys! The kind folks at BMW Connected Drive were able to assist. All is set, for now. I have to be present in the vehicle to complete the key pairings.
2021 X5 M50i; Tanzanite Blue II Metallic; Coffee Extended Merino Leather; Executive Package, Dynamic Handling Package, Drivers Assistance Professional Package; Parking Assistance Package; 22" M Double-spoke black 742M wheels; Bowers & Wilkins sound system; Extended Shadowline Trim; Front massaging seats; Heated Front & Rear Seats and armrests; Space -saver tire
Appreciate 2
      01-17-2021, 11:32 AM   #6
thereef510
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 X5 35i, '20 X5 40i

If you are picking up in Spartanburg, they're happy to set up both separate accounts for you. They did it for us and its been seamless since.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 12:45 PM   #7
Günther
Norfolk, Virginia, USA
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by thereef510 View Post
If you are picking up in Spartanburg, they're happy to set up both separate accounts for you. They did it for us and its been seamless since.
FANTASTIC!!! Thanks for the information.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 05:46 PM   #8
lknbimmers
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90/G05

Follow-up to the original question
2 drivers, 1 Connected Drive Login
The wife is secondary.

Can you store 2 profiles on one key?
We're used to using only one key.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 06:14 PM   #9
Bambazonke
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 & 2020 X5

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lknbimmers View Post
Follow-up to the original question
2 drivers, 1 Connected Drive Login
The wife is secondary.

Can you store 2 profiles on one key?
We're used to using only one key.
No only one profile can be linked to a key at any one time as far as I am aware, you just have to change the profile in iDrive menu when you get in the car prior to start up if you both use the same key

Our spare key is locked in the safe and our set up is my wife has the physical key linked to her account and I use the digital key card which is linked to my account.I am happy to carry this in my wallet or inside my iPhone cover and hold it to the door handle to unlock/lock and place it on the charging tray. In Australia the X5 comes with a digital key card and 2 physical keys
      01-19-2021, 04:37 PM   #10
Lual
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5 2014 CP / X5 G05 ‘21

I did not manage to link the car to two different phones / accounts.

In one of the phones, I was continuously getting an error message.

It only worked when I used same email account in both phones (wife+mine), no idea why?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 06:55 PM   #11
JoseSportM
JoseSportM
Rep
Drives: BMW G42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lual View Post
I did not manage to link the car to two different phones / accounts.

In one of the phones, I was continuously getting an error message.

It only worked when I used same email account in both phones (wife+mine), no idea why?
Lual

Unfortunately here in Europe only one connect drive account is possible. I don't see why they have such difference in US.
It makes no sense to have only one account connected to the car and if you have two cars then only one profile is saved in the connect drive server, the other driver don't synchronize.
One car- one profile per key but only one profile is sync.
I don't think they realize the inconvenient to such thing...
Appreciate 0