ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consuldean View Post
I've done just that over this weekend.

I have just driven a few kms so far but haven't been able to get the lane change assist to work so far...

I'm not sure what difference it really makes and why this is decoded for some colours. I thought it was only for the donington gray - Did your sapphire black also come with 8TR ?
Does the lane change assist appear as an option in idrive - drive assist- steering? if not then it wont work, if it does and is ticked then it should work on highways.

You have bad mapping so probably wont work as it wont be able to tell the difference.

Mine was blocked with 8TR but not due to colour, just a BMW release schedule timing issue. If Id ordered a month later I'd not have had 8TR in FA. They said it was a hardware issue, but they either didnt know what they were talking about or just lied. I pressed them as lane change was in the brochure when i ordered.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 08:32 AM   #68
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi,

Did they give u the lane change assist after that?

I also ask them when mine dun have and the reason they give is my country does not support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Does the lane change assist appear as an option in idrive - drive assist- steering? if not then it wont work, if it does and is ticked then it should work on highways.

You have bad mapping so probably wont work as it wont be able to tell the difference.

Mine was blocked with 8TR but not due to colour, just a BMW release schedule timing issue. If Id ordered a month later I'd not have had 8TR in FA. They said it was a hardware issue, but they either didnt know what they were talking about or just lied. I pressed them as lane change was in the brochure when i ordered.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 08:59 AM   #69
robby818
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by edofloat View Post
I know this is old, and probably mentioned elsewhere. Mine still worked after 07/2020.xx updates.

I am running 11/2020.xx and it auto updated to a new version of 11/2020.50 after the dealer updated at the last service. Anti-dazzle still works just fine so it has not reset that feature thus far. Who knows if that continues or not in the next updates.
I had the same experience. After OTA updates to both 11/2020.50 and (previously) 07/2020.80, anti-dazzle was still enabled. Everything else I coded (disclaimer warning, auto start stop remember) had to be re-coded but for some reason anti-dazzle was remembered. Good news for me because i paid someone to code anti-dazzle and would have to pay someone again if it had been wiped out. I can code the other stuff with Bimmercode but anti-dazzle requires a laptop.

Also, the high beams seem to activate a lot more frequently in the auto high beam setting so I am seeing the benefits of anti-dazzle more in every day driving.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 01:33 PM   #70
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phayze View Post
Hi,

Did they give u the lane change assist after that?

I also ask them when mine dun have and the reason they give is my country does not support.

Quote:

No. I figured out how to code it and sorted it myself.

It was the first coding I released for the G05/07/20
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 03:49 PM   #71
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

OTA updates seem to only touch modules it expects to be in the vehicle, or that have changed...so, removing one to enable the anti-dazzle block shouldn't put it back as that likely doesn't change, but, if the other module(s) used to tweak that functionality was(were) changed by the update, you might need to recode those switch options.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 04:04 PM   #72
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 21'' X6MC (F96)

Quote:
Quote:

I have just driven a few kms so far but haven't been able to get the lane change assist to work so far...

I'm not sure what difference it really makes and why this is decoded for some colours. I thought it was only for the donington gray - Did your sapphire black also come with 8TR ?

I do have lane change assist option in the iDrive menu and I made sure it's ticked.

I drove on large roads abs small part in highway but not enough so I'll report back when I do.

It's annoying that most of the advanced features seem to rely on the maps of navigation... kinda forces me to pay that expensive FSC at BMW with no guarantee that it would work afterwards.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 04:26 PM   #73
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I do have lane change assist option in the iDrive menu and I made sure it's ticked.

I drove on large roads abs small part in highway but not enough so I'll report back when I do.

It's annoying that most of the advanced features seem to rely on the maps of navigation... kinda forces me to pay that expensive FSC at BMW with no guarantee that it would work afterwards.
Just make sure it's a proper 3 lane highway, and you only press the stalk to the 1st click- it shouldn't turn off the steering assist.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 01:44 AM   #74
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Just make sure it's a proper 3 lane highway, and you only press the stalk to the 1st click- it shouldn't turn off the steering assist.
Yes, I've seen videos on how to use and was exactly doing this manipulation. Will test more and report, as always :-)
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 02:01 AM   #75
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I've seen videos on how to use and was exactly doing this manipulation. Will test more and report, as always :-)
For it to safely allow the system to work, within the defined system parameters, and this applies to other DAP systems too, it needs to know exactly where you are and what type of road you are on. For aSLA it also needs to read speed limit data as well as backup to KAFAS.

To establish the road type it will do a geolock to establish the location against the mapping data. Your mapping data for your GPS position does not exist so that will generate an error. How each system handles that error will vary, but I would not expect any system to work, and by design. Its just not safe.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 03:23 AM   #76
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
For it to safely allow the system to work, within the defined system parameters, and this applies to other DAP systems too, it needs to know exactly where you are and what type of road you are on. For aSLA it also needs to read speed limit data as well as backup to KAFAS.

To establish the road type it will do a geolock to establish the location against the mapping data. Your mapping data for your GPS position does not exist so that will generate an error. How each system handles that error will vary, but I would not expect any system to work, and by design. Its just not safe.
Understood and this sounds like a sensitive rationale.

Two last comments though:

1- I'm impressed by the number of continuously evolving / changing factors these computers actually process and take into account to work 'as designed' and surprised it can actually do *all* of that seamlessly (most of the time) in the countries where it works (well)

2- if for DAP systems to work, location, geolock and type of road is required (in addition to speed limit data for (a)SLA), why is 'normal DAP' working for me without any of that ? I mean, from stock and without maps data and KAFAS not capturing all road signs, the car is able to :

- Driving assistance by autonomously following road markings on normal roads and highways, handles sharp turns while keeping distance with other vehicles, including full stop and restart
- Steering and Lane Control assistant
- Lane Keeping Assistant
- Steering and Lane Control Assistant

I would have thought that since KAFAS and mapping data is so critical for a proper use of DAP *advanced* features, the Driving Assistant Pro would not work either.

Lane departure alerts etc is much simpler and works just fine too.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2021, 03:56 AM   #77
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Understood and this sounds like a sensitive rationale.

Two last comments though:

1- I'm impressed by the number of continuously evolving / changing factors these computers actually process and take into account to work 'as designed' and surprised it can actually do *all* of that seamlessly (most of the time) in the countries where it works (well)

2- if for DAP systems to work, location, geolock and type of road is required (in addition to speed limit data for (a)SLA), why is 'normal DAP' working for me without any of that ? I mean, from stock and without maps data and KAFAS not capturing all road signs, the car is able to :

- Driving assistance by autonomously following road markings on normal roads and highways, handles sharp turns while keeping distance with other vehicles, including full stop and restart
- Steering and Lane Control assistant
- Lane Keeping Assistant
- Steering and Lane Control Assistant

I would have thought that since KAFAS and mapping data is so critical for a proper use of DAP *advanced* features, the Driving Assistant Pro would not work either.

Lane departure alerts etc is much simpler and works just fine too.
That's because it doesn't use mapping data for real-time assistance systems. It's not reactive enough, nor dependable.

Even mapping data and SLA, is really dangerous when the mapping provider gets it wrong. For example, there are certain roads where the speed limit is 30mph, and NAV data says its 100mph! With aSLA the car starts adjusting to that speed before I intervene! Stupid!

For assist systems like SWA, DCC, LDW, it uses the camera and radar, ultrasonic sensors. These have to be exact at any point in-time for obvious reasons, so dont have the same dependency. The KAFAS looks at the road markings, grass verge, kerb, etc and the SWA responds. No need for NAV for that, nor would you want it to depend on it.

LCA, eTJA etc, need nav data and dont need it immediately. Similarly if the data is wrong, it's not the end of the world, you just don't get the feature activated.
aSLA is the exception of course - that is just plain dangerous!
Appreciate 2
      04-22-2021, 02:17 AM   #78
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Just a quick update to mention that after further testing, Lane Change Assist doesn't work for me on highways either.

Every time I slightly press the stalk, the steering assist turns off and nothing happens - no arrow on the cluster and the car doesn't proceed with the lane change.

Conclusion: this too is likely linked to the navigation maps.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 05:35 AM   #79
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi,

Are you travelling above 70km/h? It need to be above 70km/h in order to work.

Quote:
Just a quick update to mention that after further testing, Lane Change Assist doesn't work for me on highways either.

Every time I slightly press the stalk, the steering assist turns off and nothing happens - no arrow on the cluster and the car doesn't proceed with the lane change.

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 06:51 AM   #80
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

Are you travelling above 70km/h? It need to be above 70km/h in order to work.

Quote:

Yes, I am.

And just to add to my story... the KAFAS seems to have picked up a physical sign and read it.

I was roaming in a car park and this sign showed up (as opposed to the standard "limit" grayed out).

Any hope ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 06:59 AM   #81
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Just to clarify on this question I might have replied to a bit too fast.

Here's what I see in iDrive, settings, driver assistance :
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-23-2021, 09:51 AM   #82
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi,

My driver attention camera menu is in general menu. How did you code it to be under driving menu?

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 08:52 AM   #83
Consuldean
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

My driver attention camera menu is in general menu. How did you code it to be under driving menu?

Quote:

It's in both for me. I didn't do anything particular.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 09:00 AM   #84
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi,

Anyone know the code that refer to “Driver Attention Camera”?

I want to add the option into “Steering Assistance”.

Quote:

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 09:19 AM   #85
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

It's 5ar assisted drive plus.

Won't do anything in an unsupported region though.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 09:42 AM   #86
phayze
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi,

Do you mean if you have 5AR (Assisted Drive Plus), the driver attention camera option will appear in steering assistance?

Quote:
It's 5ar assisted drive plus.

Won't do anything in an unsupported region though.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 10:28 AM   #87
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi,

Do you mean if you have 5AR (Assisted Drive Plus), the driver attention camera option will appear in steering assistance?
Correct
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 08:24 PM   #88
Abdulllh
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojanlaw View Post
For anyone that updates their software to 3/2020.40 or above, you must do the following to activate anti-dazzle:

(1) Remove 5AP and VO Code BDC, HU_MGU, Kafas and both FLMs; and

(2) FDL Code the following in Kafas 40F9:

COUNTRY_VARIATION Europe_RC [01]
C_FLA_BS_ENTER_THRESH Rest of world [03]
C_FLA_BS_EXIT_THRESH: Rest of world [02]

can someone explain number 2
I don't know where to start, can someone record a video explanation for it please
Appreciate 0