BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-06-2021, 11:46 PM   #1
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Jump start packs for X5?

Does anyone here own or recommend jump start kit to use on G05?

Found this, but I wanted to see if any other BMW owners have something they can recommend?

https://www.amazon.com/TACKLIFE-1800.../dp/B08BJMSSSX
      04-07-2021, 08:40 AM   #2
chrisnack
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 (G05) 50i

I keep one in every vehicle and the motorcycle... i would say Noco and Weego are some of the better brands. I really like the Noco ones, but they are pricey.

Cheaper ones, i'd personally stay away from, to me, again personal opinion, with the new LiPo batteries, it's not worth the risk of one exploding or some crap like that.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2021, 12:03 AM   #3
hyde
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3m40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnack View Post
I keep one in every vehicle and the motorcycle... i would say Noco and Weego are some of the better brands. I really like the Noco ones, but they are pricey.

Cheaper ones, i'd personally stay away from, to me, again personal opinion, with the new LiPo batteries, it's not worth the risk of one exploding or some crap like that.
Could probably overheat in a hot day locked up in a car, possible, but otherwise cheaper ones should not be much worse than small bag sized big jump starters we used to carry around. I thought about getting one of those, but did not want to add any more weight to the car, however they were really good with air compressor, radio, phone charger, actual wall plug, jump starter, etc..