BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-15-2024, 04:31 PM   #45
xxx5phev
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 PHEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive7even View Post
Thanks! You will love it. I can't believe how the mods have transformed both the looks and driving feel/handling of the X5. It feels so much more planted to the road and I don't feel like it wallows in the turns nearly as much now. The ride is just right. Compliant without feeling mushy or too harsh.

I bought the 22"s used from someone locally. They have Conti summer tires on it now. I will likely go with the Arroyo Grand Sport All Seasons later this summer. I also have a set of black HRE FF10's in 22" on backorder so haven't decided whether I'll cancel that order, keep both sets, etc. I'm leaning towards selling the 20" M-Sports that came with the car and keeping the 742s and FF10s but we'll see.
No way, the HRE FF10 in 22" was my number one pick but the widths only come in one option and i wanted to stick with something a little closer to bmw oem 22" spec. Did you go with the black tarmac color or gloss black? My vote is you keep the order, i would love to seem them on your car and the 742s for a winter set... sheesh you be looking good all year long

Never heard of the Arroyo Grand Sport All Season tires, you sent me down that rabbit hole of research and the few people that have them seem to be happy with them. I mean a set off four tires is about the same price for ONE Perelli P Zero All Season rear tire lol
Appreciate 1
5ive7even129.00
      04-15-2024, 05:07 PM   #46
5ive7even
Private
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i, E63s AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGPM3 View Post
Looks great! Are you running spacers? If so, what size?
Thank you. Yes, I'm running Future Classic spacers from IND in 12mm and 15mm front/rear respectively.
Appreciate 1
DGPM36.50
      04-15-2024, 05:11 PM   #47
5ive7even
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx5phev View Post
No way, the HRE FF10 in 22" was my number one pick but the widths only come in one option and i wanted to stick with something a little closer to bmw oem 22" spec. Did you go with the black tarmac color or gloss black? My vote is you keep the order, i would love to seem them on your car and the 742s for a winter set... sheesh you be looking good all year long

Never heard of the Arroyo Grand Sport All Season tires, you sent me down that rabbit hole of research and the few people that have them seem to be happy with them. I mean a set off four tires is about the same price for ONE Perelli P Zero All Season rear tire lol
I ordered the FF10s in Tarmac. I understand that HRE designed these wheels specifically for use on the X5s. Fronts are 10.5" +35mm offset and Rears are 11.5" +40mm offset. This is 1" wider front and back from the OEM 742M but will mount the same tire sizes. I'll post some pictures when/if they ever come in .
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 06:31 PM   #48
DGPM3
dgp's garage
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M3C, 22 X5 xDrive40i

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you. Yes, I'm running Future Classic spacers from IND in 12mm and 15mm front/rear respectively.
Thanks! And no noise (clunking/ creaking) from the suspension?
      04-15-2024, 08:47 PM   #49
5ive7even
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks! And no noise (clunking/ creaking) from the suspension?
No suspension noise. There is a bit more tire noise but I bought the rims used with Conti's that have about 5k miles on them already and expected a bit more road noise from the tires.

I am noticing an interior cabin rattle/vibration sound which appears to be coming from the pilar behind my head where the seatbelts are for both the driver and passenger sides. It isn't always there but appears on rougher pavement. I don't notice it with the sunroof open or with music on, but if the cabin is closed up with the radio off it sounds like a tinny-sounding vibration just behind my head near the windows/pilar.

I thought it might be the rear sunshades so tried driving with them raised/lowered which didn't seem to make a difference.

I don't think it is from the suspension but is probably a by-product/result of the slightly stiffer ride from the 22"s and possibly the H&R springs. It just didn't materialize with the 20"s and floaty stock ride.

Interestingly enough, I've seen others reference (similar?) noises coming from the door/pilar area and some have indicated it could be the weather stripping? I really have no idea.

I need to go back to the shop that did the install for something else and plan to ask them what they think it might be. Fingers crossed it's something easy to address.
Appreciate 1
DGPM36.50
      04-16-2024, 10:03 AM   #50
xxx5phev
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 PHEV

Quote:
I ordered the FF10s in Tarmac. I understand that HRE designed these wheels specifically for use on the X5s. Fronts are 10.5" +35mm offset and Rears are 11.5" +40mm offset. This is 1" wider front and back from the OEM 742M but will mount the same tire sizes. I'll post some pictures when/if they ever come in .
No doubt the HRE FF10s were designed for and will work with the X5, plenty of forum members have them, i wasn't implying that.

I was just stating after doing my own research and talking with our BMW sales agent and someone in the warranty department we were directed to stay closer to the stock 22" width's/offsets. The X5 is my wife's car so I'm trying to keep all the modifications as close to OEM spec as possible, its so hard to resist lol. She also has the BMW wheel and tire warranty which was why i was checking in with people at the dealership that we would still be covered.

Regardless, I'm still super pumped to see them on your car.
Appreciate 1
5ive7even129.00
      04-16-2024, 06:02 PM   #51
DGPM3
dgp's garage
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M3C, 22 X5 xDrive40i

Garage List
Quote:
No suspension noise. There is a bit more tire noise but I bought the rims used with Conti's that have about 5k miles on them already and expected a bit more road noise from the tires.

I am noticing an interior cabin rattle/vibration sound which appears to be coming from the pilar behind my head where the seatbelts are for both the driver and passenger sides. It isn't always there but appears on rougher pavement. I don't notice it with the sunroof open or with music on, but if the cabin is closed up with the radio off it sounds like a tinny-sounding vibration just behind my head near the windows/pilar.

I thought it might be the rear sunshades so tried driving with them raised/lowered which didn't seem to make a difference.

I don't think it is from the suspension but is probably a by-product/result of the slightly stiffer ride from the 22"s and possibly the H&R springs. It just didn't materialize with the 20"s and floaty stock ride.

Interestingly enough, I've seen others reference (similar?) noises coming from the door/pilar area and some have indicated it could be the weather stripping? I really have no idea.

I need to go back to the shop that did the install for something else and plan to ask them what they think it might be. Fingers crossed it's something easy to address.
Thanks for the feedback. Probably going to order your same set up (H&R’s and FC spacers). Hope it doestn kill the ride quality when in comfort mode. I’ve seen mixed reviews.

With regards to the noise you’re hearing, I had a similar one on the passenger side. From what I have been able to detect, it comes from the sunroof where the two panels meet. I used felt tape on contact points and apply Pflege on the rubber seal periodically, which seems to help.
      04-16-2024, 07:31 PM   #52
5ive7even
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx5phev View Post
No doubt the HRE FF10s were designed for and will work with the X5, plenty of forum members have them, i wasn't implying that.

I was just stating after doing my own research and talking with our BMW sales agent and someone in the warranty department we were directed to stay closer to the stock 22" width's/offsets. The X5 is my wife's car so I'm trying to keep all the modifications as close to OEM spec as possible, its so hard to resist lol. She also has the BMW wheel and tire warranty which was why i was checking in with people at the dealership that we would still be covered.

Regardless, I'm still super pumped to see them on your car.
No worries. I understand where you are coming from. This is my wife's X5 as well. She's not really a car person but I'm enjoying the upgrades none-the-less
Appreciate 1
      04-16-2024, 07:35 PM   #53
5ive7even
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. Probably going to order your same set up (H&R’s and FC spacers). Hope it doestn kill the ride quality when in comfort mode. I’ve seen mixed reviews.

With regards to the noise you’re hearing, I had a similar one on the passenger side. From what I have been able to detect, it comes from the sunroof where the two panels meet. I used felt tape on contact points and apply Pflege on the rubber seal periodically, which seems to help.
Thanks for the advise. I have Pflege in my Amazon wishlist and will most likely be ordering it shortly to give it a try. I did notice that the sound goes away when the sun roof is open. However, I'm not sure if it is just drowned out from the wind noise or if it is gone.

Ride quality is stiffer than with the stock springs and 20"s which is to be expected. I drive a E63s AMG which is on the stiffer side so the 22"s and H&R setup feels better to me. Think it really comes down to if you want a sportier or floatier/comfy ride. Goodluck!
Appreciate 1
DGPM36.50