BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-05-2023, 10:35 AM   #1
Prestocj
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x40i

MSS Urban Springs on x40i

Hello all,

Taking delivery of a new 2024 X5 x40i in a couple of weeks. Been spending a lot of time on the forum reading all the posts on lowering and spacer options. Seems most of the posts on the MSS Springs are folks with the X5M. Had a few questions for folks that have them with the x40i and the 22” wheels without air suspension:

1. Did you wait until after the 1,200 mile break-in period to add the springs and spacers?

2. How did they impact the ride? I’ve seen it softens the ride a bit on the X5M and was curious if that was true for the x40i especially with the 22” wheels.

3. Any creaks, groan, noises after lowering?

4. Anyone experience any premature tire wear and/or reduction in shock/strut life? I know the X5M folks are seeing tire wear but I believe the camber is more aggressive and that may not be the case for the x40i.

5. Did you lower to the minimums on front and back? I’ve seen on the X5M that the recommendation is 0 on the front and 10mm on the rear for a slight rake.

Appreciate any insights! Thank you!
Appreciate 0