BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-23-2022, 07:51 PM   #23
SQ
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by White340 View Post
If the only option is a full repaint of the panels, are you really going to do that? Your factory paint is still better with the scratch than a repaint of a metallic paint.
Indeed, I wouldn't want to repaint the whole panel for sure, if that's the only option left, I will push for getting the refund or at least partially refund covers the repairs.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2022, 06:14 PM   #24
SQ
Rep

Posted an update on the top
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2022, 12:32 PM   #25
Kristin Hoover
Private
Rep
Drives: A PIECE OF JUNK

I feel your anger. Your claim is quite reasonable. If I were the owner of the shop and want continuous business, I would settle it down with you immediately. Judging from the shop’s response, it’s a shady business for sure. I read all the google reviews last night and found nearly 45% of them were fake, to say the least. We see tons of shady business emerged across all industries since the pandemic. They put a lot of efforts on fake positive reviews to build credibility.

Side notes for choosing the right PPF shop:
1. Regardless of how fancy their website designs, you need to go to their shop, talk to the owner and let him give you a tour, examine their work personally. You might see some high-end cars they are currently working on or done, which is good. But that’s not enough. You MUST return to the shop a couple of weeks later to see if the same cars are still there.

2. Reviews:
Please remember bad reviews do NOT keep you away from certain business. Fake and dishonest reviews DO. If you found fake reviews, walk away! No tolerance!

3. Staff:
If you are a grown man, you should be able to tell whether the staff are capable of doing delicate work, based on their look, the way they talk, tones of voice, fingers length, personal hygiene, hair cut, etc, these elements reflect how they raised and their personality. You cannot judge 100% accurate, but most of the time you will get it right.

4. “Be the villain first, then the gentleman.”
Let them know first you are a picky person and will examine every inch of the job. If mistakes happen, what consequences they may deal with and how much compensation you need. Everything you need to let them know up front before the work starts. They will likely to refuse your business if they feel pressure or they are not qualified.

Some members here think I’m way too serious about something which is fine. Sadly this world is getting so ugly. I personally don't trust anyone. To protect ourselves from being fooled, cheated, and ripped off, we need to get ourselves equipped with lots of knowledges like professionals, technicians, doctors, and even detectives. We once lived in the good old days of 80s, but they have gone permanently.

Regarding the situation you are dealing with, I would suggest you get a lawyer ASAP, deal with it when it’s fresh. Do not wait until it gets too late. Don’t be afraid to spend money, you’ve already spent a lot.
eelnoraa2032.50
FiatLux11.50
      10-28-2022, 11:22 PM   #26
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Just read up on the latest. Tell them you'll be happy to post an update to your review once all repairs have been done to your satisfaction or you've come to an agreement on a refund.

But a negative review should never be taking down BEFORE the issue is resolved. Nor should you take down your negative review AFTER the issue is resolved. You would simply post an UPDATE.
Appreciate 1
SQ19.00
      10-30-2022, 11:37 AM   #27
SQ
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1 View Post
Just read up on the latest. Tell them you'll be happy to post an update to your review once all repairs have been done to your satisfaction or you've come to an agreement on a refund.

But a negative review should never be taking down BEFORE the issue is resolved. Nor should you take down your negative review AFTER the issue is resolved. You would simply post an UPDATE.
they won't even pay for the cost of repairs of the damages unless I delete the review, I reject that, and now they just ghosted me. And for sure, no matter how, I won't take down the review, if they tried to report the review and get it removed(yelp one get removed for some reason, and I left the review again) I will just do it again. Disputing the charge from the bank now.
Appreciate 1
P111572.00
      10-30-2022, 11:39 AM   #28
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQ View Post
they won't even pay for the cost of repairs of the damages unless I delete the review, I reject that, and now they just ghosted me. And for sure, no matter how, I won't take down the review, if they tried to report the review and get it removed(yelp one get removed for some reason, and I left the review again) I will just do it again. Disputing the charge from the bank now.
You know there is something fishy going on when they rely on reviews as much as they do.
Appreciate 1
SQ19.00
      10-30-2022, 02:54 PM   #29
Kristin Hoover
Private
Rep

Quote:
If they treat you like that, they will soon see tons of negative reviews matching their fake positive reviews on their google listing.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2022, 03:57 PM   #30
Kristin Hoover
Private
Rep

Quote:
… I won't take down the review, if they tried to report the review and get it removed(yelp one get removed for some reason, and I left the review again) I will just do it again…
Yelp doesn’t work for reviewers, Yelp works for businesses if they’d like to pay. That is how yelp makes money and keeps the website running. A minimum of $300 will ensure the business get ahead of listing and get negative reviews filtered out.

It is all about money.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2022, 12:16 PM   #31
SQ
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin Hoover View Post
Quote:
… I won't take down the review, if they tried to report the review and get it removed(yelp one get removed for some reason, and I left the review again) I will just do it again…
Yelp doesn’t work for reviewers, Yelp works for businesses if they’d like to pay. That is how yelp makes money and keeps the website running. A minimum of $300 will ensure the business get ahead of listing and get negative reviews filtered out.

It is all about money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristin Hoover View Post
Quote:
Yelp doesn't work for reviewers, Yelp works for businesses if they'd like to pay. That is how yelp makes money and keeps the website running. A minimum of $300 will ensure the business get ahead of listing and get negative reviews filtered out.

It is all about money.
Yup, my second review on Yelp got removed again
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2024, 03:48 PM   #32
xivex
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 m60i

What was the final result of this? Did they pay for the damages? Please update me.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2024, 09:00 AM   #33
jayfeinst
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 40i

Coming in late but, fellow Dallasite, if helpful-
1. Tito's mobile, specifically Hector does awesome repair work and they come to you
2. I've had AltaMere(Lemmon Ave.) location do tint and PPF work on several cars, ranging from X5 to A5 to Yukon and been very happy

Thanks for the warning and sorry this happened!
Appreciate 0