BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

07-21-2022, 04:19 PM   #1
Tekhunter
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 F80 F16 G05

RG Sport Service regarding MSS Spring Purchase

As some of you may know last month I purchased a set of MSS Springs for my X5 XDrive 40I. I live in Phoenix so I had a local performance shop Good Speed Performance install them. They were installed correctly however my X5 did not drop so much as an inch or so. In fact, it took just over 500 miles to drop just 3/4 of an inch. Mind you, the installation cost around $1300 and a whole day to install through Good Speed Performance. I was not satisfied since we had just done this same job to my friends X5M, which mind you looks amazing. Mine on the other hand was still 4X4ing.

So I called Ben r33_RGSport whom I purchased them through and he invited me to his shop to take a look. Most shops would have just said contact the OEM, not Ben. He took the time to look at it and measure it to figure out what happened. Turns out that those of us that have the X5 4OI GO5 body style vehicles do not lower like the X5Ms do. Meaning our vehicles will not look slammed or lowered enough for most people. That said rather than point me in another direction he took the time to change my spring rates with a different set of springs from MSS. He did this in just 3 or so hours, not 6 or a whole day like the other guys. That is a saving in itself.

With that being said I will not bore you with any more details, I will say Ben r33_RGSport your technical knowledge on suspension was very insightful. Your honesty and integrity are second to none. You will get all of my business in the future and referrals as well despite you being in California I have several friends that would gladly bring their cars to you than deal with local shops that lack the passion and technical insight that you bring to the table.

So for all of you guys thinking of modifying your GO5 X5 or F15s by all means you will not find a more credible and honest source of knowledge and competitive pricing than Ben r33_RGSport..
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport12971.00
      07-22-2022, 02:29 PM   #2
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekhunter View Post
As some of you may know last month I purchased a set of MSS Springs for my X5 XDrive 40I. I live in Phoenix so I had a local performance shop Good Speed Performance install them. They were installed correctly however my X5 did not drop so much as an inch or so. In fact, it took just over 500 miles to drop just 3/4 of an inch. Mind you, the installation cost around $1300 and a whole day to install through Good Speed Performance. I was not satisfied since we had just done this same job to my friends X5M, which mind you looks amazing. Mine on the other hand was still 4X4ing.

So I called Ben r33_RGSport whom I purchased them through and he invited me to his shop to take a look. Most shops would have just said contact the OEM, not Ben. He took the time to look at it and measure it to figure out what happened. Turns out that those of us that have the X5 4OI GO5 body style vehicles do not lower like the X5Ms do. Meaning our vehicles will not look slammed or lowered enough for most people. That said rather than point me in another direction he took the time to change my spring rates with a different set of springs from MSS. He did this in just 3 or so hours, not 6 or a whole day like the other guys. That is a saving in itself.

With that being said I will not bore you with any more details, I will say Ben r33_RGSport your technical knowledge on suspension was very insightful. Your honesty and integrity are second to none. You will get all of my business in the future and referrals as well despite you being in California I have several friends that would gladly bring their cars to you than deal with local shops that lack the passion and technical insight that you bring to the table.

So for all of you guys thinking of modifying your GO5 X5 or F15s by all means you will not find a more credible and honest source of knowledge and competitive pricing than Ben r33_RGSport..
Greatly appreciate the kind words.
Glad that I can help you and the community of car enthusiast.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 0