BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-01-2021, 05:23 PM   #45
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by invisible0n View Post
Thanks so much for sharing. Maybe this is a dumb question, but are these all really necessary? Can anyone please share a story when your new delivered car fell short? Do you just walk away and order another one? Or does the dealership fix things for you?
My last one I just picked it up and enjoyed it. All I did beforehand was tell them to make sure they activated the ESA so I could set everything up when I got home.

It is all a matter of personal preference as to how much checking you want to do. Whether the issue is found before signing or after you get home it will be taken care of under warranty. There would be no point in walking away for the deal because of most/all of the things that have been mentioned here. I think it is mainly a case of making sure things are set up.
      10-01-2021, 07:48 PM   #46
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post

All I did beforehand was tell them to make sure they activated the ESA so I could set everything up when I got home.
Do you know, is that the only thing the dealer has to do?

Ideally I'd like them to leave the plastic on, no wash, no drilling, no setup, just activate the ESA, and then I'll do everything later. Think that works?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2024, 05:53 PM   #47
Henrysc
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Totally get that! Buying a car should be an exciting experience. I had a smooth one recently too. Quick tip – if you're into shipping, A1 Auto Transport is top-notch. Check them out at https://www.a1autotransport.com/chicago-car-shipping/. As for checking the car, it's true, personal preference plays a role. I like ensuring everything's set up too. That way, you hit the road worry-free.

Last edited by Henrysc; 01-03-2024 at 04:44 AM..
Appreciate 0