BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-26-2019, 12:49 PM   #23
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

I’d wait no more than a week and then start the process. It’s lot of money to lose. You could always pay the seller if the package does arrive.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 06:55 PM   #24
MrGatsby
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Update for you guys: I waited a week and then sent him this message,

"Hi,

Any word on your end from the shipping company? It's been a few weeks since you shipped, and were now nearly a week past the delivery window. Tracking from USPS still just shows as "pre-shipment."

Do you happen to have a tracking number for the oversize parcel company or any info on where the package is at currently in the shipping process? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks."

he sent me a response on Wednesday which said,

"All sorted sorry for the delay you will see tracking update by friday with delivery to you either saturday or monday."

It is now Monday evening and tracking still shows as, "pre shipment".

Man this is getting frustrating. It's been 2.5 months since I placed my order...
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 08:19 PM   #25
VPB74
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Garage List
I'd file a claim with PayPal, that will guarantee its arrival the next day! Seriously, I hate when this type of thing happens. You want to trust people, but at some point you have to cover your bases. Seems like it's that time.
Appreciate 1
MrGatsby348.00
      02-04-2019, 09:34 PM   #26
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

I told you...
if this seller is truly honest, you can always set it up to pay him if you receive the goods as stated.
I would start the returns process.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 09:36 PM   #27
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [10.00]
I think your situation is complicated by the lead time for manufacture, but I can tell you this for sure: the preshipment notification means nothing at all regarding delivery time, only tells you that the seller has requested service from the local shipper that he uses. Here's the good news: I've had items delivered while their status was still listed as "preshippment". My theory to explain this is that the local shipper can't communicate with USPS in a way the system can digest, and probably not at all. This why it usually won't track until it reaches the destination city, if at all.
The other issue you have is unusual size/shape: this will likely attract the attention of Customs. Unless you ordered like scud missile parts or something Customs won't be a problem, just takes longer.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 09:49 PM   #28
MrGatsby
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
I think your situation is complicated by the lead time for manufacture, but I can tell you this for sure: the preshipment notification means nothing at all regarding delivery time, only tells you that the seller has requested service from the local shipper that he uses. Here's the good news: I've had items delivered while their status was still listed as "preshippment". My theory to explain this is that the local shipper can't communicate with USPS in a way the system can digest, and probably not at all. This why it usually won't track until it reaches the destination city, if at all.
The other issue you have is unusual size/shape: this will likely attract the attention of Customs. Unless you ordered like scud missile parts or something Customs won't be a problem, just takes longer.
I think you're right. He must be a third party who orders directly from the manufacturer. If the manufacturer is in China, perhaps due to the Chinese new year, things are just completely shut down.

edit: although now that I think about it, I placed the order on Nov 27th. WELL before Chinese new year.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 09:53 PM   #29
MrGatsby
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BzsBimmer View Post
I told you...
if this seller is truly honest, you can always set it up to pay him if you receive the goods as stated.
I would start the returns process.
I might have to. never dealt with this before. should I contact him first and let him know I'm initiating a return, but will pay if/when the parts arrive? or simply start the process with paypal?
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2019, 10:31 PM   #30
Emilime75
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E92 LeMans Blue

I would start the dispute with PayPal. The process takes a while, and if the items show up while it's happening, you can easlily cancel the dispute.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 09:43 AM   #31
MrGatsby
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Good news! I was just about to file a dispute, but decided to check tracking once more. It updated this morning, and shows arrival tomorrow evening.
Appreciate 0