BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-07-2019, 08:51 PM   #1
BBock727
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X5

Car Washing Supplies List?

Recently got my 2019 X5 and you guys got me very paranoid about how i was my car to the point where my car is not getting washed because I do not want swirls or scratches. I recently washed my car in a self service wash with just hoses since there isn't a touchless car wash in Middlesex County NJ that i am aware of, but I had bad results.

Can you guys please provide me with a starters list of products I need to properly wash my car, with links if possible? My car desperately needs a good wash, so I want to get the products ( soaps, mitts, towels, etc before next weekend). I am not sure I'll be getting a power washer and foam cannon that fast, so I'll likely use the 2 bucket method. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 07:30 PM   #2
beermato
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Blue

Hi - you should check out these two threads, all of the products are linked there.

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1585991

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1589063

Based on Mystro's advice (and my detailer) I bought a foam cannon (many available on Amazon for $20). I use Feynlabs Pure Wash for foam, and Feynlabs Rinseless with good microfiber towels for any hand washing.

Depending on how dirty, you can do a power wash/foam/rinse, or power wash/foam/hand wash/rinse. Or some prefer power wash/foam/rinse/hand wash (rinseless), dry.

Hope that helps!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 07:46 PM   #3
natahoa
Retired soccer mom
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 40i 2019

Garage List
I have some news. My car sits outside, under trees, which shade it most of the time. But I get some bird poop and a lot of tree debris, which stains the car if it rains.

I tried car guys hybrid wax, which had great reviews. It said you could use it on everything including windows - it was a NIGHTMARE getting the haze off the windows. After a rain or during washing it did not seem to protect the finish very much.

Yesterday I used turtle wax ICE seal and shine. Simple and fast and seemed to work much more nicely on the windows, but I only did a few of them.

Last night we had a huge torrential storm with high winds and tons of rain. I knew it was coming when I waxed the car, but thought it would be a good test.

I was amazed today. Almost no dry-water spotting, but lots of tree debris had left little brown stains (my car is mineral white). I cleaned the car and got the stains off, and proceeded to get out my step stool so I could wax the roof, moonroof, and the rest of the windows.

I buffed the windows several times with clean cloths, and they look great and all the water spots come off. I haven’t driven the car in the sun yet but will do that tomorrow.

I am so pleased with this product, much better than others I’ve tried in the past five weeks since I got my car!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 06:58 PM   #4
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Audi

Have any one of you bought this pressure washer ? It is too steep but all big guys keep talking about it.
https://www.obsessedgarage.com/produ...washer-package
The Kranzle K1122TST

It seems like you can literally build your own solution much like how you use the BMW build configurator.

Kranzle (with wand, gun and foam cannon) + Adams shampoo + CRSpotless
This seems to be a great topline solution but very pricey.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2020, 04:04 PM   #5
Dr. Jekyll
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Number one way to avoid swirl is the drying process:

https://smile.amazon.com/Air-Force-B...545027&sr=8-16
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2020, 08:01 PM   #6
araje
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW, Audi

Here's a good alternative to CRSpotless. It provides industrial quality DI water
My post here:
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=33
Appreciate 0