BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-22-2023, 11:57 AM   #1
christwinzbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 X5 xdrive 50i

Garage List
2019 X5 xdrive 50i M Sport Small Build

Hello all. Purchased a used 2019 X5 xdrive 50i M Sport at the dealer with about 37k miles, with 2 years add-on warranty [3rd party only choice]. Came with a lot of additions and was local which was why I picked up this model. Wanted to go for a M50i but there was not around my area at the time [it is what it is!].

Wanted to share a little what i've done to the 50i and hopefully you guys like it. It's pretty subtle and I probably won't do much more.

M Sport Package
M Sport Exhaust
Executive Package
Driving Assistance Professional Package
Premium Package 2
Luxury Seating Package
742M 275/35/R22, 315/30/R22 Premium Contact 6

Mods:
- JB4
- MSS Springs - Thanks for the springs and install r33_RGSport
- H&R spacers (15mm front / 20mm rear) - Thanks r33_RGSport
- BMC Air Filters
- Maxton Design Front Splitter (gloss black) - Thanks for the install r33_RGSport
- IND painted front reflectors
- Black Gloss kidney grille
- M style side mirrors (gloss black) [bad fitment and whistles over 50mph, might have to change these out or figure out the wind noise issue [Pin pointed the wind noise to the inner housing - added some clear silicon to fix it]]
- Dynamic LED Turn Signals
- M Performance style dry carbon fiber rear diffuser
- OEM rear badges (gloss black) [just used the 50i as I did not like the xdrive letterings]
- Painted exhaust housing (gloss black)

To do:
Still trying to figure out a way to delete the active grills or just get them open so I can just put some red PVC covers on the bars. Any ideas?

On to the photos:
Attached Images

Last edited by christwinzbmw; 09-23-2023 at 08:54 PM.. Reason: add tires text
Appreciate 3
Jszlaga453.50
boneca1999.50
      09-22-2023, 12:33 PM   #2
christwinzbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
BMC Filters, and a few interior photos.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-22-2023, 02:05 PM   #3
bkclarke21
Rep
Drives: '13 F10

Very nice car! How's the ride with the MSS springs? Also, does it feel like you're much lower than before?
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2023, 03:23 PM   #4
christwinzbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkclarke21 View Post
Very nice car! How's the ride with the MSS springs? Also, does it feel like you're much lower than before?
Thanks! It actually rides good comparable/better than stock. I have very little rubbing on the rear as it settled down another 1/4" give or take. May have to raise the rear back up a little bit.

Definitely lowered from stock height to my liking.
Appreciate 1
      09-23-2023, 11:25 AM   #5
Jszlaga
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 M50i

Garage List
Nice work. Looks good.

I hate the active grille shutters and wish they would just stay open. I wrapped my v-brace bars in red vinyl but barely ever get to see it. There has to be a solution for this. If you find anything let me know.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2023, 12:41 PM   #6
christwinzbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jszlaga View Post
Nice work. Looks good.

I hate the active grille shutters and wish they would just stay open. I wrapped my v-brace bars in red vinyl but barely ever get to see it. There has to be a solution for this. If you find anything let me know.
Nice! May I ask how did you access the bars to wrap them? I want to cover the bars for now before trying to remove the shutters.

There are several discussions about remove the shutters entirely and leaving the motor and arm, but most likely you'll get a CEL. Just remove it using bimmerlink or something. But since I Still have warranty, I don't want to do that just yet.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2023, 06:55 AM   #7
boneca
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5

Garage List
2013 BMW X5M  [10.00]
2011 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by christwinzbmw View Post
Hello all. Purchased a used 2019 X5 xdrive 50i M Sport at the dealer with about 37k miles, with 2 years add-on warranty [3rd party only choice]. Came with a lot of additions and was local which was why I picked up this model. Wanted to go for a M50i but there was not around my area at the time [it is what it is!].

On to the photos:
Looks very clean, congrats!
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 04:14 PM   #8
christwinzbmw
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
Little update on transfer case box issue that I felt a little shutter and rumbling while turning out of the garage / parking spots.

Felt that already test driving the car before I purchased - had no knowledge of a transfer case issue.

- Recently installed MSS springs and H&R Spacers [Note I did not remove the wheel spacers, which I should have...]
- Felt more shutter/rumbling at low turning speeds
- 10/12/23: Called BMW and went in for warranty service giving them the fluid change SIB.
- Changed oil of transfer box and then must drive 300 miles to see if issue still exists.
- Took the car back and I Drove 300 miles and still felt shuttering
- 10/21/23: Dropped off car back to BMW to do a transfer case replacement
- BMW ordered a transfer case and said they still felt the shutter.
- 10/24/23: BMW insisted they perform a VTG calibration and bmw drove the car 150 miles before doing any transfer case replacement because of the foreman.
- 10/25/23: Shutter still there so they got the foreman To come in and he said must remove the wheel spacers to test.
- They removed the wheel spacers and test drove around the blocks.
- tech and foreman said they felt no more shutter and said the wheel spacers are the cause of the shutter. [I SHOULD of just removed the wheel spacers, now I'm screwed since it's written in the service].
- 10/27/23: BMW put the wheel spacers back on. I Took it home and honestly I felt little to no shutter.

That's my transfer case box story. It's fine for now as we need to trade in most likely in 2 years for warranty purposes. But I really like this model with all the options and the sound is just enticing with just the M sport Exhaust.

Last edited by christwinzbmw; 10-31-2023 at 04:15 PM.. Reason: text edit
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:18 AM   #9
JD 75
Registered
Rep
Drives: x5

Hi , Your car looks great . I’ve also just purchased the same car and will be making some very similar mods

Be great to know where you get the rear diffuser from ?

Thx James
Appreciate 0