ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
Update:

1. My CarPlay is still disconnecting quite frequently. Unfortunately the shop foreman was probably correct when he said it was due to the phone being older (iPhone 7) and the recent update to iOS. The problem started after updating the iOS version, I think it was 13.4.1 but have upgraded since and still have the problem. Just ordered a new iPhone which hopefully will take care of the problem.

2. So far the Automatic window has not worked. I set up two different activation points and the window has not opened when reaching either. When I get some time I will do some more thorough testing.
1. I have an iPhone SE (2nd gen) on 13.4.1 and its rock solid. Even use CarBridge in conjunction with native CP apps and no issues. I did have lots of issues when testing with an iPhone 6s.

2. Just why? Mailboxes and drive throughs? Who comes up with this stuff?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 03:10 PM   #46
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
1. I have an iPhone SE (2nd gen) on 13.4.1 and its rock solid. Even use CarBridge in conjunction with native CP apps and no issues. I did have lots of issues when testing with an iPhone 6s.

I just ordered the SE (2nd Gen) so glad to hear yours is working fine.

I was hoping to get it to work for my mailbox. My wife, daughter and son-in-law laughed at the idea of needing an app to save a button push and that the X5 had one. I said can you imagine sitting around thinking that up and then proposing it to your manager and actually getting the green light to develop it.
Appreciate 2
ifr1196.50
      07-11-2020, 04:17 PM   #47
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Quote:
Update:

1. My CarPlay is still disconnecting quite frequently. Unfortunately the shop foreman was probably correct when he said it was due to the phone being older (iPhone 7) and the recent update to iOS. The problem started after updating the iOS version, I think it was 13.4.1 but have upgraded since and still have the problem. Just ordered a new iPhone which hopefully will take care of the problem.

2. So far the Automatic window has not worked. I set up two different activation points and the window has not opened when reaching either. When I get some time I will do some more thorough testing.

When opening the barrier to the parking at your work with a badge for example?

I always have to open my window at the exact same location to hold my badge on the reader.

Would be nice if it is disabled when it rains!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 12:55 AM   #48
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerrr View Post
Can't wait for that, love my ASLA but that would complete it!
Mine is almost complete as it stands. Self-driving works really well with all these systems engaged:
1. Assisted Driving ++
2. aSLA
3. TLR/GWW
4. NHA - passive but good to know it's there
5. auto Lane Change Assistant

Like you say just needs TLA for urban driving and we're good.

I'd like to see them introduce auto lane change for motorway exits. Everything is there already. It slows for exits when navigating, displays the lane positions in HUC/CiC and manually engaging the indicator will auto lane change off the motorway. Would be good if it did it all automatically like it does with NHA.

I'm getting very lazy in my old age.
Appreciate 2
edtreo88.50
homerrr133.50
      07-12-2020, 06:23 AM   #49
marcosg
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 G05 X5 M60i

Quote:
Most probable path bending is available in 07/2020, but like most of the features, is only coded 'on' for MY2021.

I already have traffic light and road sign recognition (enabled by coding), but that is different to Traffic Light Assistant. The former displays stop/give way/red lights in the instrument cluster/hud, and slows the vehicle. TLA completely stops the vehicle at red Traffic Lights.
Hi Ifr, is it possible to share the code for traffic light and road signs recognition. Thank you in advance.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 06:53 AM   #50
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcosg View Post
Hi Ifr, is it possible to share the code for traffic light and road signs recognition. Thank you in advance.
For me, all I had to do was change KAFAS\VFW_COUNTRY_VARIANT_MODE to all FF

That was it, and red lights/STOP/GW signs now appear in the HUD/CiC.

As I recall you may have struggled with this due to other coding restrictions. Also, check you have the Give Way Warning FSC for your car
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
marcosg24.50
      07-12-2020, 07:34 AM   #51
edtreo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i MSport

Quote:
Mine is almost complete as it stands. Self-driving works really well with all these systems engaged:
1. Assisted Driving ++
2. aSLA
3. TLR/GWW
4. NHA - passive but good to know it's there
5. auto Lane Change Assistant

Like you say just needs TLA for urban driving and we're good.

I'd like to see them introduce auto lane change for motorway exits. Everything is there already. It slows for exits when navigating, displays the lane positions in HUC/CiC and manually engaging the indicator will auto lane change off the motorway. Would be good if it did it all automatically like it does with NHA.

I'm getting very lazy in my old age.
What’s NHA? What’s in AD ++ as oppose to just one + ?
Appreciate 1
OzJedi107.00
      07-12-2020, 08:21 AM   #52
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

It's Not Halt Assistant, or something similar to that. Brings the car to a complete stop if the attention assistant notices you aren't responding. It can also be activated by pulling and holding the hand brake.

In certain markets, or with specific coding, it can pull the car to the side of the road, and call the emergency services. I've not 'fully' tested it.

AD++ is my terminology for complete hands off driving on any road/speed. I won't explain how it is done in a public forum, but the car can drive for hundreds of motorway/highway miles with only a press of the indicator stalk to change lanes. I know my car and the system limits intimately and it's now at a level where it can deal with 'most' motorway scenarios. I keep my hands on the wheel in most scenarios, but don't have to.
Appreciate 1
edtreo88.50
      07-12-2020, 09:03 AM   #53
edtreo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i MSport

Quote:
It's Not Halt Assistant, or something similar to that. Brings the car to a complete stop if the attention assistant notices you aren't responding. It can also be activated by pulling and holding the hand brake.

In certain markets, or with specific coding, it can pull the car to the side of the road, and call the emergency services. I've not 'fully' tested it.

AD++ is my terminology for complete hands off driving on any road/speed. I won't explain how it is done in a public forum, but the car can drive for hundreds of motorway/highway miles with only a press of the indicator stalk to change lanes. I know my car and the system limits intimately and it's now at a level where it can deal with 'most' motorway scenarios. I keep my hands on the wheel in most scenarios, but don't have to.
Did you say you don't have to put your hands on the wheel?
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 09:49 AM   #54
eagle_bmw
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i

@TurtleBoy, BimmerCode 3.6 is out for IOS, can you help check if that opens up the usual options available in previous iDrive versions? Maybe unlikely as 07/2020.25 is very recent...
      07-12-2020, 05:12 PM   #55
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle_bmw View Post
@TurtleBoy, BimmerCode 3.6 is out for IOS, can you help check if that opens up the usual options available in previous iDrive versions? Maybe unlikely as 07/2020.25 is very recent...
I updated to 3.6 and all of the ECUs now have a green light beside them. Unfortunately though when I tried to code in the Body Domain Controller is gave an error reading the coding data. I was able to code in the Head Unit.
Appreciate 1
eagle_bmw182.50
      07-12-2020, 09:06 PM   #56
OzJedi
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 2019 40i MSport Carb Black

Quote:

As I recall you may have struggled with this due to other coding restrictions. Also, check you have the Give Way Warning FSC for your car
Which iDrive version are you on? I found options to enable TL/STOP, I coded these options and i can see option in iDrive but didn't notice anything on HUD/Instrument cluster, will try VFW_COUNTRY_VARIANT_MODE.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 09:12 PM   #57
jeet
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJedi View Post
Quote:

Which iDrive version are you on? I found options to enable TL/STOP, I coded these options and i can see option in iDrive but didn't notice anything on HUD/Instrument cluster, will try VFW_COUNTRY_VARIANT_MODE.
Please can you share the settings for TL/Stop.

Thanks
Jeet
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 09:17 PM   #58
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Quote:
I updated to 3.6 and all of the ECUs now have a green light beside them. Unfortunately though when I tried to code in the Body Domain Controller is gave an error reading the coding data. I was able to code in the Head Unit.
Were you coding with the car running? BDC can't be coded while the engine is running.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 09:42 PM   #59
TurtleBoy
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTENGR View Post
Were you coding with the car running? BDC can't be coded while the engine is running.
No, engine was off. It read the coding data all the way to 100% and then gave the error.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 10:05 PM   #60
eagle_bmw
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks! I think I'd still update to 07/2020 given the chance. I can wait for the BDC coding to be supported in the next BC update.
      07-13-2020, 02:47 AM   #61
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzJedi View Post
Currently 03/2020, but it worked with 11/2019.

If you are talking about the ampeln (Traffic Light Assistant) codes these are different to the give way warning/traffic light recognition codes.

TLA hasnt been mentioned at all recently so I'm not convinced they will work, though they are activated in coding for 07/2020 build vehicles. I'll know more once I have 07/2020 i-step.

Edit: make sure your car has the GWW FSC as described in this post (0x01AD). Another AUSY G05 owner did not have it which is why we think TLR/GWW doesn't work for AUSY cars: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...4&postcount=45

Last edited by ifr; 07-13-2020 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: New information
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 02:48 AM   #62
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Is this specific to BC as BDC can and should be coded with the engine running. DME should not be coded with the engine on as it can turn it off mid-coding.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 11:43 AM   #63
NYC_340i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M340i xDrive, '11 X3 28i

TurtleBoy

I know you said you don't have an Android phone but can you do me a favor and go to :

Com > Mobile devices > settings

There should be a place to turn on Wi-Fi, Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth, etc... Do you see anything mentioning Android Auto there?

I have an appointment this Saturday to get an update and I don't want to waste time going to the dealer if Android Auto isn't in the earlier 7/2020 releases.

Thanks in advance.

Current: 2020 M340xi
Previous: 2016 340xi
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 11:53 AM   #64
LexxM3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46M3, G05X5

Garage List
2019 X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Is this specific to BC as BDC can and should be coded with the engine running. DME should not be coded with the engine on as it can turn it off mid-coding.
I am sure VTENGR meant DME as not codeable with engine running rather than BDC. There are only so many acronyms one can keep straight :-).

With respect to your direct private check question, apologies for delay, will try to check and respond later today.
      07-13-2020, 11:57 AM   #65
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
I am sure VTENGR meant DME as not codeable with engine running rather than BDC. There are only so many acronyms one can keep straight :-).

With respect to your direct private check question, apologies for delay, will try to check and respond later today.
Hurry up

Dealers upgrading me to 07/2020 sometime this week and I want them to fix that issue as well
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 12:07 PM   #66
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxM3 View Post

Yep - got confused. Sorry about that.
Appreciate 0